(Minghui.org) When Ms. Wu Chaokun clarified the truth about Falun Gong in her own clothing store, she was arrested on July 10, 2013 and detained for 12 days. She asked the police not to follow the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) and commit crimes. The head of the Domestic Security Division claimed that he would rather be an official than a good person.

Ms. Wu, 33, is a small business owner. She lives in Dahuangdi Village, Tuobuka Township in the Dongchuan District of Kunming City. The following is her description of the arrest and detention.


At around 4 p.m. July 10, 2013, officer Chen Hualin from the Xincun Police Station and eight others broke into my store. After they ransacked it, they threw my Falun Dafa books, Minghui Weekly, and Zhengjian Weekly on the floor. Chen stepped on them. When I warned him not to step on my Falun Dafa books, he hit me in the head. People working in neighboring stores kept telling the police not to beat me because I had not done anything wrong. I said, "Falun Gong teaches people to be good following Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. What's wrong with that?”

After they threw my Falun Dafa books down, they ordered me to point at the books so they could take a picture. I refused. Officer Chen made phone calls to get three more policemen. They ordered me to close my store. They told the customers who came to buy clothes that the store was closed. They told my neighbors to pack up my merchandise and urged me to close the store.

They forced me into their car and took me home. Once there, a policeman said, "Take out everything related to Falun Gong.” I said, "There is nothing!” One officer saw a “Falun Dafa Is Good!” sticker on a door. He asked the others, “Shall we remove it?” But no one replied. After a while, they told me to get my ID and took me to the Xincun Police Station in the Dongchuan District.

At the station, I told everyone the facts about Falun Gong. Some of them did not give me a hard time after they understood. At around 8 p.m., three policemen interrogated me. I said, "I told people to remember that Falun Dafa is good and Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good. I told them to find out the truth about Dafa and not to believe the lies. I told people to be good and kind. What crime did I commit?” They could not get anything from me, nor did I sign anything. They kept me in handcuffs overnight.

The following afternoon, the police told me to sign their paperwork. I signed the list of confiscated belongings, but I refused to sign the paper that slandered Falun Dafa. The police threatened me, saying, “If you do not sign, you will be sentenced to years in prison.” At 9 p.m., about nine policemen took me to a detention center and claimed that I would be detained for 12 days. On the way, I asked them, "Do you hate Falun Gong?” One replied, “We are just making a living.” I said, “You are police officers, not CCP killing machines. Please remember that Falun Dafa is good and Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” None of them said anything.

Right after I arrived at the detention station, they took away everything I had. I kept clarifying the truth to the detainees. Someone had a piece of chalk. I used it to write on a door, “Falun Dafa is good! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good! Let the whole world know! The world needs Truth-Compassion-Forbearance! With Truth-Compassion-Forearance, people will be kind, and the moral standard will improve.” The prisoners read the words again and again. An elderly policeman opened the door and told me to dump the trash outside. He stood there and read what I had written again and again.

Several young men were detained there for fighting. At mealtime, they shouted: “Falun Dafa is good! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good!”

On the fourth day, I was transferred to another room. The police officers there threatened me when I did the Falun Gong exercises, saying, “You will be put in solitary confinement if you do that again. You will be handcuffed to a tree.” When my mother and older brother came to visit me, they told my brother that I did the exercises in the detention center. My mother said, "It is not against the law to do the exercises. You are committing a crime by detaining her there.”

On the fourth day of my stay in the detention center, seven people came with the intent to brainwash me. They were Xu Yonglin and Zhang Kaili from the Domestic Security Division in the Dongchuan District, two officers from the Xincun Police Station, and the director and political instructor from the Tuobuka Police Station. They said that the CCP had banned Falun Gong so I should stop practicing it. I said, "The constitution allows freedom of belief. There is no law that says that citizens cannot practice Falun Gong. I did not break any law.”

Zhang Kaili from the Domestic Security Division repeated the lies of the CCP lies about the self immolation. I said, "There are so many Falun Gong practitioners in the Dongchuan District. Did you see any of them commit self immolation? It was a lie. Those textbooks poison the youth. It is the CCP that harvests organs from living Falun Gong practitioners. It is the CCP that has sentenced so many Falun Gong practitioners to prison.” Then I told them the truth about the staged immolation. He was shocked. The director of the detention station came in and cursed me. I said. "You are persecuting me. Once I leave here, I will tell the whole world what you have done. People all over the world have human rights except the Chinese. There is no justice in China. The CCP is an evil cult.”

The next day, my parents-in-law, six-year-old son, sister-in-law, and husband came to visit me. The director of the detention station told my in-laws that I did not cooperate with them and that I got up at 3 a.m. to do the exercises and refused to wear the prison uniform.

At 9 a.m. on July 23, my term was up. The guards urged me to leave immediately. After I reached the gate, I felt something was not right, so I went back and insisted that I be given an official statement of release. After some argument, they gave it to me.

At 2 p.m. on July 23, my younger brother and I went to the police station, asking for my Falun Dafa books and ID. The police said that the Domestic Security Division took them. Then we went to the Domestic Security Division and looked for Xu Yonglin. Xu Yonglin asked us to come back in three days. At 8 a.m. on July 26, we went back to him. Xu Yonglin asked, "Why did you come to me?” I told him about the beauty of Falun Dafa and how it teaches one to be a good person. To my surprise, he said, "Don't tell me that. I am an official. If I become a good person, how can I be an official!” He never returned my Falun Dafa books.