Recent Accounts of Persecution in Unit 8 of the Shandong Province No. 2 Forced Labor Camp
1. Falun Dafa practitioner Zeng Xiangang, of Unit 8 of the Shandong Province No. 2 Forced Labor Camp, was tortured by being locked in the officers' restroom in March and April of 2013. He was also hung (“big hangup” torture - handcuffed behind his back and hung from a hook high above the ground) because he refused to wear a prison uniform. The restroom has no camera monitors in it, which makes it the favored spot when guards torture Falun Dafa practitioners.
After Mr. Zeng was abused for two days and three nights, the guards forced him to write the three statements.
2. Practitioner Yan Wencheng went to the captain and requested to see the district attorney, in order to expose the persecution. The officers were afraid of the charges to be leveled against them and did not want other practitioners to be influenced. They instead transferred Mr. Yan from Unit 8 to Unit 2.
3. After practitioner Wang Xijie turned in his declaration to resume practicing Falun Dafa, he was subjected to brainwashing from collaborator Li Kejun. But Mr. Wang remained steadfast, and he demanded to talk with the district attorney.
4. Practitioners Yan Shubin and Liu Shengzhu were forced to sit on a small stool every day because they refused to do slave labor. During the daytime, they were monitored by guard Li Xiuwei and forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Dafa and its teacher. As a result, Mr. Yan became very weak and had blood in his stool for over a month.
5. On April 25 and 26, many practitioners turned in “solemn declarations,” negating statements they were forced to sign against their wills while being tortured. The guards were helpless, and all they could do was transfer some of these practitioners to other units. There are currently over 20 practitioners in Unit 8, and about 10 in Unit 7.
The entire camp now has only about 200 detainees. The authorities' plan to borrow people from the drug rehab center to help in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners in June failed to materialize. The Shandong Province No. 2 Forced Labor Camp is still considered the main brainwashing center for persecuting practitioners. Most labor is implemented by Unit 7 and Unit 8.