(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Ye Xiaoping from Shanghai was arrested and has been detained at the Luodian Detention Center for more than eight months. His family members were notified on April 15, 2013 by a lawyer assigned by the authorities that his case was submitted to the procuratorate. They were also informed that a trial would be held in the near future, though the specific date has yet to be determined.

Mr. Ye and his mother-in-law, Ms. Yu Jingyan, were arrested at the same time on August 20, 2012. She was taken to the Fengxian District Brainwashing Center and subjected to intense brainwashing. After being released at the end of 2012, Ms. Yu started to have symptoms of a stroke. She was hospitalized for two weeks and currently suffers from paralysis on one side of her body.

Because he firmly adhered to his belief in Falun Dafa, 42-year-old Mr. Ye was illegally sentenced in 2001 and incarcerated at the Tilanqiao Prison for five years.

Mr. Ye's wife, Ms. Xi Jiao, was also illegally sentenced in 2001 to four and a half years in prison. As a result of the persecution she was subjected to at the Songjiang Women's Prison, she became mentally disoriented. Her husband and mother's recent arrests triggered a relapse of her condition and she has been hospitalized three times at the Baoshan District Mental Hospital since August. She was reportedly tied to a bed in the hospital and slapped by medical staff. In order to prevent other Falun Gong practitioners from visiting her at the hospital, all of her visitors were strictly questioned, while other patients' family members were not.

After Mr. Ye was arrested, his family has submitted requests for his release many times to the community Comprehensive Management Office, local police station, and Domestic Security Division. Though the authorities have assured his family many times that he would “soon be released,” their promise remains unfulfilled. Some of Ms. Xi's family members were told by the police that if one of the family members wrote a “Repentance Statement” for Mr. Ye, he would be released. The family fell for their lies and wrote the statement, yet the police not only refused to release Mr. Ye, instead they have since escalated the persecution against him.