(Minghui.org) Attorney Chen Guangchang in Jinan has been repeatedly subjected to persecution because he practices Falun Gong. He was required by his law firm to report his location daily during the recent Chinese Communist Party (CCP) annual meetings. The law firm, under pressure from the CCP, then reported his location information to the Bureau of Justice.

Mr. Chen is currently employed by the Yushi Law Firm in Shandong Province. In August 2012, Mr. Chen and his wife were illegally arrested in Jinan by Lixia District Police Department officers. Their eight-year-old child was traumatized after being forced to watch her parents' interrogation. Mr. Chen and his wife subsequently filed a lawsuit over this incident, however, it was rejected by the court. The Jinan 610 Office wanted the couple to be sent to a brainwashing center, and also forced the law firm and the Bureau of Justice to monitor the ongoing activities of Mr. Chen.

Family Arrested and Traumatized in Detention

During the annual CCP meetings held recently, the CCP increased their surveillance of Falun Gong practitioners to prevent them from appealing for Falun Dafa or exposing the persecution to the media. The 610 Office staff arrested practitioners randomly, confiscated their belongings and delivered criminal sentences without following any legal procedures.

On August 7, 2012, Mr. Chen's wife, Li Fanli, and daughter, Chen Qingyue (eight at the time), were arrested by the Domestic Security Division of the Lixia District Police Department at a train station while traveling to their hometown. They were taken to the Quanchenglu Police Station and detained for 24 hours. Instead of notifying Mr. Chen to pick up his daughter, they searched his home, then took him to the Quanchenglu Police Station. They even claimed, “According to the law, we should notify the family of an arrest within 24 hours. Now that you are all here, this counts as your notification.”

The police refused to release the family, so the little girl was then forced to witness her parents' interrogation at the police station.

Later, Ms. Li's mother felt sick and fainted from the stress of being unable to locate her missing daughter.

On August 8, 2012, Ms. Li Fanli began 15 days of administrative detention, however, she fainted the next day. Her hemoglobin (blood protein for carrying oxygen) level was extremely low, so she was allowed to go home. Her daughter was traumatized by the incident, and was reluctant to go to school since she was experiencing high levels of anxiety. In order to help their daughter's recovery, the couple negotiated with the police multiple times, asking them to apologize to the child, but to no avail.

CCP Employs Harassment to Interfere with Lawsuit

Later, Ms. Li filed a lawsuit over this incident. The Lixia District Police Department realized that they would lose the case, since they didn't have a legal basis for the detention. However, on December 25, 2012, in order to avoid losing the case, the Jinan 610 Office ordered Mr. Chen to attend a brainwashing session, intending to force his family into retracting the suit. The family refused to comply.

In January 2013, the Jinan 610 Office ordered the Lixia Court to notify Ms. Li that any case involving Falun Gong would not be accepted. This decision again reflects the reality that the CCP does abide by the law when it comes to Falun Gong practitioners.