(Minghui.org) On June 28, 2013, 70-year-old Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Lu Aizhi from Laizhou City, Yantai, Shandong Province, was arrested again at her home by the Laizhou City 610 Office. She was detained in a brainwashing center for 15 days.

Ms. Lu is a farmer from Laizhou City. After she started to cultivate Falun Gong in 1997, all her illnesses were cured and she greatly benefited both physically and mentally.

Since the Chinese regime launched a brutal persecution campaign against Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Lu has been the target of frequent harassment and persecution by the Laizhou City 610 Office for not giving up the practice.

Previous Incidents of Harassment

In October 2000, Ms. Lu went to an office supply shop in a nearby village to photocopy Master Li's new articles and was reported to the police by the owner of the shop. Shi Bingtao from the Laizhou 610 Office and a few others from the Miaojia Town Police Station broke into her home and took her copy of Zhuan Falun and Master new articles. Ms. Lu told them, “Falun Gong teaches us to follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and think of others first all the time. What's wrong in practicing Falun Gong?”

Chief Xu of the police station snarled, “We know you are all good people. But if the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) does not allow you to do something, you just cannot do it, even if it is a good thing. If you don't give up, the CCP will smash you like they smashed the students into sausage with tanks at Tiananmen Square on June 4, 1989. Aren't you afraid? In the past, people talked about implicating the entire extended family. But what the CCP does is ten times worse.” The police detained Ms. Lu in the Miaojia Police Station from 2 until 8 p.m. before they released her.

In May 2001, Zhuqiao Town Police Station officers arrested a dozen Falun Gong practitioners including Ms. Lu. The practitioners were taken to the Dayuan Town Brainwashing Center and subjected to intense pressure to make them give up their belief, turn in their Falun Gong books, and watch a video that slandered Falun Gong. The police, led by Yang Xuandi and the CCP leaders of the town, collaborated to try to “transform” the practitioners.

On the morning of August 2, 2009, Shi Bingtao and other police officers broke into Ms. Lu's home. They took her computer and materials containing facts about the persecution of Falun Gong that other practitioners had left at her place. The police arrested her and detained her in the Dianzi Brainwashing Center.

Officer Liu Jingbing arranged for people to monitor her in turn and did not allow her to sleep, even at night. The police verbally abused her and knocked her bed with a wooden stick as soon as she closed her eyes. They did not give her anything to eat and did not allow her to go to the restroom. Liu Jingbing handcuffed her for an entire afternoon. Shi Bingtao and another officer, Cheng Haitao, even beat her because she did not cooperate with them. They also tried to force her to stand on Master Li's photo. Instead, Ms. Lu knelt down in front of the photo. The officers finally gave up and walked away.

On April 18, 2013, Ms. Lu and another practitioner were reported to the police while clarifying the truth about Falun Gong on Pinglidian Street. Officer Guo Feng from the Pinglidian Police Station arrested them and confiscated their materials. The police also took all the cash they had on them, which was 800 yuan, along with their motorcycle, which they never returned. The same day, Liu Jingbing and others from the Laizhou 610 Office detained the practitioners in the Laizhou City Detention Center for ten days.

Most Recent Arrest

On June 28, 2013, Laizhou 610 Office and Zhuqiao Town Police Station officers broke into Ms. Lu Aizhi's home and arrested her again. She and three other practitioners were taken to the Dianzi Brainwashing Center. Cheng Haitao tried to force them to write the three statements, but they refused. Cheng snarled, “You cannot go home without writing a 'confession.' We will send you to the Jinan City Prison and use the tiger bench and force feed you with pepper water to torture you.” He also did not give them anything to eat for a day and a half.

Cheng Hai wanted to set the practitioners against each other, so he gave the other three practitioners food but none to Lu Aizhi. The other three practitioners said that if the police don't give Ms. Lu anything to eat, they would all go on a hunger strike. After 15 days, the practitioners were released.

Related article: Laizhou Police Arrest Two Women