Additional Persecution News from China – March 31, 2012 (24 Reports)
(Minghui.org) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 23 cities or counties in 14 provinces. In this report, 28 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 17 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Jianping County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Qin Xiuhui Arrested at Home
- [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Chen Ruilan Held at the Third Detention Center
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Song Qunyan Mistreated at the Jilin Province Women?s Prison
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Fan Chunhua Arrested
- [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Da Ren Arrested and His Home Ransacked
- [Anqiu City, Shandong Province] Ms. Gao Shifen Arrested
- [Zhejiang City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Feng Yunxia Sentenced to Four Years and Six Months in Prison
- [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Mr. Shen Tianyun Arrested
- [Dezhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Yuling to Be Sent to Jinan City Brainwashing Center
- [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wu Xinmei and Ms. Liu Yanyan Arrested; Their Families Blackmailed
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Fan Chunhua Arrested on March 27, 2012
- [Gaobeidian City, Hebei Province] Three Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
- [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Zhang Xiaomei Arrested and Sentenced to One and a Half Years of Forced Labor at Shaanxi Province Women?s Labor Camp
- [Pengxi County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Liu Hongjun Sentenced and Taken to Forced Labor
- [Pengxi County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Li Jiyou Arrested
- [Yichang City, Hubei Province] Additional Information on Ms. Wang Xingzhen and Mr. Zhang Yongsheng
- [Gulin County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Shu Anqing Arrested
- [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Huilan Arrested Many Times
- [Acheng District, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Baosheng Tried
- [Wuwei City, Gansu Province] Recently, Police Officers from Hongxiang Town Harassed Practitioners Many Times
- [Kailu County, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Li Liang Arrested
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Zhang Jianlai Held at the Zhengzhou City Prison
- [Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Li Guiyue's Home Ransacked
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Yun Haisen and Other Practitioners Tried
1. [Jianping County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Qin Xiuhui Arrested at Home
On the morning of March 29, 2012, Ms. Qin Xiuhui, from Tienan, Jianping County, Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province, was arrested at home and taken to the Tienan Police Station. Her home computer was confiscated. Currently she is being held at the Second Detention Center.
2. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Chen Ruilan Held at the Third Detention Center
Ms. Chen Ruilan was arrested on March 20, 2012, in Anshan City. Currently she is being held at the Anshan City Third Detention Center.
3. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Song Qunyan Mistreated at the Jilin Province Women’s Prison
Ms. Song Qunyan, in Shulan City, Jilin Province was sentenced to ten years in prison. She has been held at the Education Division, Jilin Province Women's Prison for a long time. Recently, her term was set to expire. She was forced to write the “five treatments” by guards, who threatened that otherwise she would not be released even when her term expires. She is currently held at the Closely Monitored Section. She went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. It is reported that she was force-fed food and salt water.
4. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Fan Chunhua Arrested
On the afternoon of March 27, 2012, Ms. Fan Chunhua, approximately 57 years old, a practitioner from Zhengzhou City, was arrested by officers from the Nanyang Road Police Station when she was clarifying the truth. Her home was ransacked. The officers confiscated her personal computer, Dafa books, DVDs and truth-clarifying bills worth a total value of almost 4,000 yuan. Her husband is weak and dependent on her to take care of daily life. Currently her whereabouts are unknown.
Police officer involved in the persecution: +86-13598868588 (Cell)
5. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Da Ren Arrested and His Home Ransacked
On the afternoon of March 27, 2012, when Mr. Da Ren, a resident from Dechao Village, Chenshi Township, Shenzhou City, was distributing Shen Yun DVDs at Dongyanwan Village, he was arrested and taken to the Xicun Township Police Station. The police extorted 6,000 yuan from him and he was released at midnight. Officers from the Chenshi Township Police Station went to his home, ransacked it, and confiscated Dafa books and photos of Master.
6. [Anqiu City, Shandong Province] Ms. Gao Shifen Arrested
On March 26, 2012, Ms. Gao Shifen was arrested at a market at Jiage. Ms. Zhang Guixiu was harassed.
7. [Zhejiang City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Feng Yunxia Sentenced to Four Years and Six Months in Prison
8. [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Mr. Shen Tianyun Arrested
Mr. Shen Tianyun, from Shen Village, Bali Division, Wuma Town, Bozhou City, in his seventies, was arrested on the night of March 28, 2012. Currently he is held at a detention center.
A male practitioner in his forties from Lihuamenlou Village was arrested by officers from the Wuma Town Police Station.
Zhu Jun, Wuma Town mayor: +86-13909682380 (Cell)
Party Secretary: +86-13856710388 (Cell)
Li Yu'an, party secretary of Bali Village: +86-13637191901 (Cell)
9. [Dezhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Yuling to Be Sent to Jinan City Brainwashing Center
Ms. Zhang Yuling is held at the Dezhou City Detention Center. She will be held there for one month until April 3, 2012. Recently, police officers said that they would take her to the Jinan City Brainwashing Center.
Liu Yingwen, chief of Decheng District 610 Office: +86-13805349640 (Cell)
Wu Zhenyuan, Political Security Section: +86-13805340373 (Cell)
Zhang Zhongtian, deputy secretary of Dezhou City Political and Legal Committee: +86-534-2687748 (Office), +86-534-2183929 (Office), +86-13805340918 (Cell), +86-13969233828 (Cell), +86-15005346516 (Cell)
10. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wu Xinmei and Ms. Liu Yanyan Arrested; Their Families Blackmailed
On the afternoon of January 21, 2012, Ms. Wu Xinmei and Ms. Liu Yanyan, from Hengshui City, Hebei Province, were reported when they were clarifying the truth. They were arrested by officers from the Chezhan Police Station, Hengshui City. Ms. Wu's family was blackmailed for 1,000 yuan and the cash over 500 yuan that she carried with her was confiscated. The cash Ms. Liu carried with her, several tens of yuan, was also confiscated. A few hours after they were held, they were released.
11. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Fan Chunhua Arrested on March 27, 2012
12. [Gaobeidian City, Hebei Province] Three Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
On the afternoon of March 28, 2012, a few police officers from Gaobeidian City, Baoding City, Hebei Province, stormed into Ms. Zhang's home. They arrested three practitioners who were burning Shen Yun DVDs, including Ms. Cui, 59 years old, Ms. Zhang, 59 years old and Ms. Zhang, in her fifties. The three practitioners' homes were ransacked. Now they are held at the Gaobeidian City Detention Center.
13. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Zhang Xiaomei Arrested and Sentenced to One and a Half Years of Forced Labor at Shaanxi Province Women’s Labor Camp
Zhao Guanghong, Baoqiao District Domestic Security Division: +86-29-86758148 (Office), +86-13991876668 (Cell)
Chen Yongping, director of Fangzhicheng Police Station: +86-13892888222 (Cell)
14. [Pengxi County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Liu Hongjun Sentenced and Taken to Forced Labor
Mr. Liu Hongjun, a teacher living in Pengxi County, Suining City, Sichuan Province, was arrested by officers from the Pengxi County 610 Office. His home was ransacked. He was taken to the county detention center. Later he was sentenced to one year of forced labor. In early February, 2012, he was taken to the Xinhua Labor Camp, Mianyang City, Sichuan Province.
15. [Pengxi County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Li Jiyou Arrested
Mr. Li Jiyou, 63 years old, from the No. 2 Division, Zonghe Township, Pengnan Town, Pengxi County, Suining City, Sichuan Province, was reported by the chief of the village and was arrested by officers from the Pengnan Town Police Station. They confiscated the cash—the total value was 5,000 yuan— and personal items that he carried. He was taken to the Pengxi County Detention Center.
Pengnan Town Police Station: +86-825-5480005 (Office)
16. [Yichang City, Hubei Province] Additional Information on Ms. Wang Xingzhen and Mr. Zhang Yongsheng
A group of people led by Ji Zongyou, director of the Security Division of a company at Gezhouba, Xiling District, Yichang City, opened the door to the home of a retired employee, Mr. Wen Yibao, with a master key, and harassed those inside. They forcefully dragged his wife, Ms. Wang Xingzhen, away, and took her to a brainwashing center in Wuhan City.
Mr. Wu Mengfei, from Sanxia Co., Gezhouba, Xiling District, Yichang City, together with Du Hanhui and Wang Tonghai, from the Current of Material and Property Management Co., harassed Mr. Zhang Yongsheng and planned to arrest and take him to the brainwashing center mentioned above.
17. [Gulin County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Shu Anqing Arrested
Mr. Shu Anqing, from Luzhou City, Sichuan Province, was arrested by Zhang Xianwen, an officer from the Gulin County Domestic Security Division. He is currently held at the Gulin County Detention Center. His 70-year-old mother and his 11-year-old son are left home without financial support.
On December 28, 2011, an attorney from Beijing was proceeding with the case and went to Gulin County to meet Mr. Anqing, but was blocked by Fu Xu, deputy director of the Gulin County Police Department, and Zhang Xianwen, officer of Domestic Security Division. Two months ago, the Domestic Security Division forwarded the case to the Gulin County Procurator and court. They plan to try Mr. Anqing.
Zhong Yun, deputy director of the court: +86-13458725274 (Cell)
Li Fei, deputy director of the court: +86-13688215566 (Cell)
Personnel in charge, Ou Xiaotao, chief of Department of Public Charge, the County Procuratorate: +86-13548356532 (Cell)
18. [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Huilan Arrested Many Times
Ms. Liu Huilan, from Meng Mine, Xiangtan City, was arrested by plainclothes officers when she was clarifying the truth on a bus in August 2003. She was taken to the Yuhu Police Station. She was mistreated for one day and one night. She was tortured, hung up and brutally beaten, and her home was ransacked. After she was released, she was frequently harassed. In 2011, she was arrested by officers from the Xiangshui Police Station and taken to the Wujia Garden Brainwashing Center and held there for nine days.
In March, 2012, officers from the Xiangshui Township Government Agency and Jiuhua Comprehensive Management Office, stormed into Ms. Liu's home and confiscated an MP5, a disc, and Minghui Weekly. On the second day, they came again to ransack it. Because her husband did not cooperate with them, the officers left.
They also forcefully entered Falun Gong practitioners' homes including those of Mr. Jing Ming, Mr. Yi Xinhua, Mr. Cheng Faming, and Ms. Zhao Xiuying. Because Ms. Zhao Xiuying, in her eighties, was not at home, they pried open the door and ransacked her home.
19. [Acheng District, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Baosheng Tried
On March 27, 2012, Mr. Zhang Baosheng, Mr. Zhao Yu'an, Ms. Wang Jinyu and Ms. Cheng Baoying were tried at the Acheng District Court, Harbin City. At the court, the attorney pled not guilty. Based on his defense, the judge and procurator did not have a word in reply and there was no verdict.
20. [Wuwei City, Gansu Province] Recently, Police Officers from Hongxiang Town Harassed Practitioners Many Times
Huang Xiaoyi, director of Hongxiang Town Police Station, Liangzhou District, Wuwei City, Gansu Province—and other people—forcefully entered Falun Gong practitioners' homes many times recently and forced them to be fingerprinted. If they did not cooperate willingly, police officers forced them to do so. Since March 20, 2012, many practitioners have been harassed, including Ms. Ren Yunian, Ms. Sun Juying, Ms. Wen Cuifang, Mr. Su Zhikui, Mr. Xu Guoyong, and Ms. Guo Jinxiang, etc.
21. [Kailu County, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Li Liang Arrested
Around March 26, 2012, Mr. Li Liang's home, located at Xianfeng Village, Kailu County, Kailu County, Tongxiao City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, was arrested. His wife Ms. Zhang Ying was arrested. His brother-in-law Mr. Zhang Xiaolin was also arrested and his home was ransacked. Mr. Li Liang's whereabouts are unknown.
22. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Zhang Jianlai Held at the Zhengzhou City Prison
Mr. Zhang Jianlai, from Zhengzhou City, was sentenced to three and a half years in prison at the Zhengzhou City Second Detention Center in September 2011. In early December, 2011, he was taken to the No. 9 Ward, Zhengzhou City Prison. Reportedly, many practitioners are held there.
23. [Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Li Guiyue's Home Ransacked
On March 27, 2012, Zhang Yingduo and other officers from the Domestic Security Division, Yilan County Police Department, went to Ms. Li Guiyue's home, located at the Weizigou Village, Sandaogang Town, and ransacked her home. Those people pried open the closets and confiscated Dafa books and other personal property. They declared that they would arrest other practitioners in Weizigou Village, Sandaogang Town.
24. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Yun Haisen and Other Practitioners Tried
On the afternoon of March 23, 2012, Mr. Yun Haisen, Ms. Feng Guoru, and Ms. Li Shuwen were tried at the Aohan Prefecture. Two attorneys entered a not guilty plea for the three practitioners.
On the afternoon of August 12, 2012, Mr. Yun Haisen and Mr. Feng Guoru were arrested by police officers from the Aohan Prefecture. Gong Chuanxiang, from the Aohan Prefecture Police Office Domestic Security Division, ransacked Mr. Yun's home and confiscated his vehicle, more than ten thousand DVDs, books, etc. His daughter Ms. Yun Wenjing was forced to leave home to avoid arrest. His mother's hair turned completely white when she heard her son was arrested and her granddaughter was missing.
Ms. Li Shuwen was arrested by Gong Chuanxing, director of the Aohan Prefecture Domestic Security Division, when he was at home on August 12, 2011.