Name: Zhang Yaqin (张亚琴)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Xiangtan City, Hunan Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
March 2, 2008
Most recent place of detention:
Changsha Women's Prison in Hunan Province (长沙女子监狱)
City: Changsha
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, brutal beatings, long-term standing, electric shock, back cuff torture, denial of restroom use, sleep deprivation, forced injections, blood drawing.

( Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Yaqin is from Xiangtan City Hunan Province. She was arrested in March 2008, and wasillegally sentenced to three years in prison on January 2009. She was brutally abused in Changsha Woman's Prison.

From February to March of 2008, Xiangtan City 610 Office, the Political and Judiciary Committee, Domestic Security, Police Department began a campaign to arrest Falun Dafa practitioners. At that time nine practitioners were arrested.

On March 2, 2008 in the afternoon, staff from Xiangtan 610 Office, Police Department, Domestic Security along with administrators from her workplace, ambushed Zhang Yaqin at her subdivision. They arrested her when she went out. She was held one night at Wujiahuayuan Brainwashing Center, and then transferred to Sanjiaping Detention Center in Xiangtan and held there over five months. The detention center did not release her until she developed hypertension. After being released she was harassed constantly by staff from the court and Procuratorate. On December 30, 2008, Xu Fumin from Xiangtan 610 Office along with other CCP thugs broke into her home and arrested her again, and she was again held at Sanjiaping Detention Center. On January 4, 2009, the Yuhu District Court in Xiangtan sentenced Zhang Yaqin and eight other Falun Gong practitioners from 3 to 7 years in prison.


Punched and kicked

Zhang Yaqin was transferred to Changsha Women's Prison on March 10, 2009, where she was held for three years. The persecution she suffered there was beyond imagination. She was held in No.8 prison district for 42 days. A guard named Zheng ordered other inmates to beat her. They punched and kicked her, used a club to beat her, slapped her face, pinched her arms, and tied her hands behind her back to a bed pole. The guard told inmate Sun Shan to monitor Zhang closely. Sun Shan told inmate Zhang to beat Zhang Yaqin with force so as to get a reward.


Torture Demonstration: shock with electric baton

On April 23, 2009, Zhang Yaqin was held at No. 6 District , which specialized in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. The guards forced her to stand from early morning to 2 a.m. the next day. She was not allowed to move, rest or sleep. Yet Zhang Yaqin would still kindly clarify the facts about Dafa to them. When she told them the wonders of Dafa, they taped her mouth shut. When they forced her to stand for over twenty days her legs became terribly stiff and swollen. On June 3, guards named Li Juan and Mao Huiping came in with some electric batons and forced Zhang to do hard labor. When she refused they began shocking her. Simultaneously, Li Juan shocked her neck and Mao Huiping shocked her abdomen. As if the shocking with electric batons was not enough, they back cuffed her hands. (The practitioner’s hands are cuffed behind his or her back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back). They tortured her slowly for a long time. When the cuff was open, her neck, shoulder, and back muscle would spasm, and she would continue to suffer for a long time.


Torture demonstration: Big back cuff

On September 1, 2009, prison authorities moved Zhang Yaqin to a brainwashing center, where she endured brainwashing for over four months. The guards used all methods of torture on her to force her to give up her belief in Dafa. They forced her to write all the rules and regulations of the prison, and to sit on a small bench. Her bottom festered after fifteen days straight. She was subsequently forced to stand for over sixty days. The guards were cursing her while kicking her, pulling her hair, and they used a flyswatter to hurt her eyes, mouth, and ears. She was not allowed to go to the bathroom for 24 hours straight, she also suffered sleep deprivation. They drew her blood, and injected unknown drugs into her. The guards ordered inmates He Yun, Huang Ping, Chen Qun and Wang to back cuff Zhang Yaqin again. The first time lasted 9 hours, the second time lasted 22 hours, and her wrists were covered with bloody blisters. She completely lost all feeling in her arms. Even with all the tortures and brutal persecution, Zhang Yaqin would not give up her belief. If she is not released soon, the prison authorities will attempt to send her to a mental hospital.