(Clearwisdom.net) I obtained the Fa in 1997. Before I started my cultivation, I had problems with my heart, rheumatism and I had high blood pressure. I also had a really bad temper and didn’t have good relations with my colleagues, friends and family members. However, one month after I started to practice, my illnesses disappeared. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, my home was ransacked and I have been illegally arrested many times. Thanks to Master's protection, I was able to leave China and move to Calgary, Canada in 2006.

Fellow practitioners in Calgary were involved in various Dafa projects. Due to the language barrier, I had no idea what I was able to do, besides helping to distribute the Epoch Times newspaper.

Master said:

“People with predestined relationships and those who can be saved can be made to--made to by Master's Law Bodies, righteous gods, or the immense field that Dafa has formed in the world--appear right before you in any of a range of settings, providing them with a chance to learn the truth. But you have to carry it out, and it doesn't work if you're not out there doing things.” (Teaching the Fa at the Fa Conference at the U.S. Capital, July 22, 2006).

Fellow practitioners told me that I could make telephone calls to Mainland China and tell people the facts about Falun Gong and the persecution. So, I joined the team that made the phone calls. Initially, I always stammered and did not know what to say. I tried to encourage myself that it was my responsibility to save sentient beings, because I am a practitioner in the Fa-rectification period. I must do a good job when making phone calls and I should be able to do it well.

I phoned a factory manager one day and after a few words from me, he said, “We have not been able to pay our employees a salary for half a year. The CCP is so terrible that they took away our employees' salaries and kept the money for themselves. All of us here agree to quit the CCP.”

I sometimes felt tired and sleepy when I got back home from work and did not want to talk for long on the phone. I recalled Master's words:

“Pause for a moment of self-reflection,
and increase your righteous thoughts
Thoroughly analyze your shortcomings,
and progress with renewed diligence”

(Rational and Awake, Hong Yin Volume II).

Am I not able to bear this little bit of hardship? I picked up the phone and dialed a number. A fellow practitioner in Mainland China answered the phone. She told me that she had just been released from Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Her legs had been severely beaten and were broken because she refused to renounce her belief. Her husband had divorced her because he was under too much pressure from the authorities. She went on to tell me that she prints truth-clarification materials and burns DVDs every day. She also talks to people face to face and helps them to quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations. Before she left, she told me that she will be more diligent in doing the three things and not let Master down. After this call, I felt ashamed. Since then, when I return home, I eat something and then immediately start to make phone calls to China. If people refuse to quit the CCP, I look inward and try to figure out my attachments.

I read an article on the Minghui website one day, which stated that a fellow practitioner had been arrested. The article contained three phone numbers, including one for the county's party secretary. I called the number and explained to him what Falun Gong is and what the consequences would be to someone who persecutes practitioners. I talked to him for three hours. In the end he said, “Listen to the news in three days.” Three days later, I read on the Minghui website that this practitioner had been released.

Once, several practitioners were arrested within a few days. When I tried contacting personnel from the police department and the 610 Office, I found that they were not easy to talk to. I felt that I had not been able to contact a key person yet regarding this case, and spent a couple of hours searching for contact information of the director of the 610 Office. When I managed to contact him, I told him that this case had been exposed to the international community and investigations were underway to find all the people involved in the case. He said a few words to me, but then just listened and took deep breaths. I read on the Minghui website a week later that the practitioners had been released.

After I sent forth righteous thoughts one morning, I heard that a practitioner, whom I just mentioned, was surrounded by police. I called the director of the local 610 Office and said, “This practitioner has just been released from the labor camp. She has broken legs. Now you are trying to get into her home again. Aren't you afraid of being punished? Jiang Zemin has already been sued in the international courts.” The director hung up the phone, so I called him again. Practitioners from Toronto exposed the case and we managed to stop the police from arresting this practitioner.

Since I started to make phone calls to clarify the facts to people in China last year, I have noticed that I need to improve a lot. I used to think that I have done a great job, but I discovered my mentality for showing off, competitiveness, and the attachment of being overly happy. Every practitioner is different, but we have the same goal, which is to prevent people from committing wrong deeds. One day, I contacted a police officer about a case related to some practitioners who were illegally arrested. The officer started to talk negatively about us. I was not angry, nor did I complain. Instead, I quietly told him the facts about Falun Gong. The officer stopped swearing at me and started to listen to my words. Some time later, I heard someone crying on the other end of the phone.

I became very busy in the run up to Shen Yun performing in our local area, because I have to work a regular job and also help to sell tickets for the show. Moreover, it takes a lot of time to take the bus home. I was extremely tired when I got home one time and slept for a few hours. When I got up to log on to the phone call software, practitioners were already there. One day, a fellow practitioner told me about an emergency case for which we needed two practitioners to make phone calls to China. I said that I could do the second part. When I was done, it was time for me to go to work.

I have managed to change my notions while making phone calls. Initially, I was in a hurry, arguing with people on the other end of the phone and trying to quickly persuade them to quit the CCP. However, now when I call, no matter what kind of attitude they have, I am very calm and just tell them that it is a heavenly principle that good is rewarded and evil is punished. Persecuting Falun Gong practitioners will bring them bad fortune. In the process of making the phone calls, I have eliminated many of my attachments and felt Master's merciful care and compassion.