(Clearwisdom.net) In a way, the social benefits afforded handicapped citizens reflect the degree of civilization of a country. However, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) persecutes Falun Gong practitioners—even those who are physically challenged. There are several articles on Clearwisdom.net describing how the CCP has tortured disabled Falun Gong practitioners. The stories that follow are taken from previously published articles.

Handicapped Soldier Mr. Sun Xue Is Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Constant Persecution

Mr. Sun Xue is from Bayan County, Heilongjiang. He was a soldier and was once injured on the job. Two thirds of his stomach had been removed. As a result, eating could cause him to vomit and he was severely underweight and very weak. Because he was injured on the job, the government paid for his medical bills. After Mr. Sun practiced Falun Gong, his health improved dramatically and he spontaneously told the government agency that he no longer needed money to pay for medical bills.

Mr. Sun's health and decency resulted from practicing Falun Gong. After the CCP launched the persecution of Falun Gong, the police claimed that Mr. Sun refused to take money from the government because he had mental problems. On August 11, 2011, six plainclothes went to Mr. Sun's house to arrest him. Mr. Sun escaped and has since become homeless and destitute to avoid harassment.

The CCP Tortured Mr. He Congfeng from Hegang City, Heilongjiang

Mr. He is from Xingshan District, Hegang City. He had polio as a youngster which caused a deformity in one of his legs. On April 2, 2002, officers from Lingnan Police Station under Xingshan Police Bureau arrested Mr. He. At the station, a group of police officers kicked and beat Mr. He. They tortured him until 3 a.m. the next day trying to get information of other practitioners and materials from him.

Mr. He was later taken to a detention center. Officer Yang Qingmin, from the Xingshan Police Bureau, tortured Mr. He in an interrogation room. Yang chained Mr. He's legs to an iron chair and handcuffed his arms behind his back. Yang then used a rope to forcefully pull up on the handcuffs, which caused excruciating pain and put a great strain on Mr. He's shoulders. Yang then stuffed a towel in Mr. He's mouth to prevent him from screaming. He was tortured in this way from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Mr. He was unlawfully sentenced and locked in Jiamusi Prison. Prison guard Wang Guozhi ordered two prisoners to hang Mr. He on a bar at the front gate and beat him. Later, Wang ordered the prisoners to get a bucket of partly frozen sewer water from a gutter and pour it on Mr. He. When Mr. He was soaked from head to toe he was left in the cold wind.

Practitioner Tortured by the Congtai Police in Handan City

Mr. Yang Baocun, a worker at Jinhang Flannelet Factory in Handan City, was sent to a forced labor camp for two years for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. In the winter of 2000, a guard forced Mr. Yang to take off his shoes and stand barefoot in the snow. When Mr. Yang was brought indoors, the guard poured boiling water on his feet. Mr. Yang's feet were severely damaged from frostbite and burns and the dead tissues soon became infected. The infection spread, which put Mr. Yang's life in danger. His right leg had to be amputated.

Two weeks after the amputation, and with stitches still in place, agents arrested him and took him to Ankang Psychiatric Hospital in Handan City. The director, Wang Yubin, and nurse Feng Yongcai frequently put unknown drugs in Mr. Yang's food. Afterwards, Mr. Yang drooled constantly and was inarticulate. His tongue was stiff and he felt numb. The guards watched his every move around the clock.

In 2004, Mr. Yang was released from Ankang Hospital. However, he continued to be monitored by his coworkers. In 2005, agents took Mr. Yang to Ankang Mental Hospital again and kept him there for two years.

Persecution Suffered By Falun Gong Practitioners in Shenzhen

Mr. Liu Xifeng was injected with unknown drugs and shackled for a long period of time. Mr. Liu became very weak and was unable to walk. After the shackles were removed, he was bow-legged and stumbled along like a baby just learning to walk. Mr. Liu's life was miserable. We do not know exactly what caused him to become handicapped or how he was tortured as the information is not available.

Mr. Fan Zhongzhuang, from Jinyun County, Zhejiang Province, was once interrogated for five consecutive days, during which time he was not allowed to sleep for five days and nights. The agents put handcuffs and shackles on him and tortured him. On August 27, 2005, domestic security officers of Jinyun County beat Mr. Fan so severely that some vertebrae in his neck were fractured. He became a quadriplegic.

Ms. Yang Suhong from Xishan District, Kunming City was 4 feet tall and weighed 50 lb. She used to have tuberculosis peritonitis, leukemia, and bone cancer. All of her illnesses disappeared after she practiced Falun Gong. However, she was sent to a forced labor camp because of her beliefs. Despite her small stature, Ms. Yang was forced to perform slave labor like everyone else, and within six months she had been tortured until she was on the verge of death. She passed away one month after being released.