Name: Fan Zhenguo (范振国)
Gender: Male
Age: in his 40s
Address: Tianshenghao Township, Linyuan City
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: September 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 29, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Panjin Prison (盘锦监狱)
City: Lingyuan
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Fan Zhenguo was sentenced to eight years in prison in 2008, and had been incarcerated in Panjin Prison ever since. He died recently in Panjin Prison.

According to sources, there were several bruises on the back of Mr. Fan's body. Mr. Fan's family hired an attorney and a medical examiner to go to the Panjin Prison on September 13, 2011. The prison authorities ordered Mr. Fan's body to be cremated at 3:00 p.m. on September 13.

The following is an account of the arrest of Mr. Fan Zhenguo:

On the night of July 19, 2008, about ten practitioners from the Sanjiazi Township and Tianshenghao Township were distributing truth-clarifying materials in the Pingfangzi and Taohuachi areas of Kazuo County. When they were about to drive back, at around 1:30 a.m.., they were stopped by police from the Pingfangzi Police Station.

The director of the police substation, Wang Xiaofeng, held a gun, while another policeman held an electric baton and forcibly opened the practitioners' car door. After they found literature exposing the persecution, they forced everyone to get out of the car and get into the police cars. Mr. Fan Zhenguo constantly clarified the truth to the policemen until the officers held his head down and prohibited him from speaking. Afterwards, two police cars took the ten practitioners to the Pingfangzi Police Station.

Mr. Fan climbed over the wall of the police station and was able to escape. The police searched for him on three separate occasions, but didn't find him.

On July 29, under the command of Wang Xishan, the Communist Party committee secretary of Sanjiazi Township, Lingyuan City, Li Bin and Li Qin teamed up with police from the Pingfangzi Police Station to arrest Mr. Fan. They broke into Mr. Fan's home and took him away. The police beat him to the ground and stepped on his head. Mr. Fan was severely beaten at the Sanjiazi Police Station.

Mr. Fan was sentenced four months later, and was incarcerated in the Panjin Prison ever since. He was subjected to torture in the prison. It is known that he was shocked with electric batons and fell unconscious several times.

Related report:

"Supplementary Information about the Arrest of Ten Practitioners in Sanjiazi Township, Lingyuan City"