Name: Zhao Kairong (赵开容)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Zhiping Town, Jiangjin District, Chongqing
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 20, 2004
Most Recent Place of Detention: Langshan Brainwashing Center in Jiangjin (江津琅山洗脑班)
City: Chongqing
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, detention, home ransacked, extortion

( Ms. Zhao Kairong started practicing Falun Dafa on September 10, 1996. Before she began cultivation, she suffered from several diseases including anemia, headaches, dizziness, gynecological problems, femur inflammation, arthritis, memory loss, and overall weakness. All of these illnesses disappeared after she started practicing. Her friends, relatives and family witnessed the extraordinary power of Falun Dafa, and as a result, many of them also started practicing. However, on July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its brutal persecution of Falun Dafa and practitioners.

One day in 2000, local police station chief Wang Jiafu broke into Ms. Zhao's home, and took her to the police station without notifying her family. After she entered the police station, several officers forced her into a police vehicle and took her to the Lishi Township Brainwashing Center. She was persecuted for 12 days, and additionally, her family was made to pay 20 yuan per day for her living expenses. Zhang Xiaoli from the Zhiping township government staff was responsible for brainwashing Ms. Zhao. Wan Fenghua, head of the brainwashing center, forced practitioners to write guarantee statements to give up their practice.

On May 20, 2004, Zhong Yong, director of the Zhiping Police Station, broke into Ms. Zhao's home along with a group of officers. They ransacked her home, then took her to the police station. They confiscated her Dafa books, exercise tape and truth-clarification media. Several officers forced her to be fingerprinted. Officials charged her for creating and distributing truth-clarification materials. Her arrest summary was reported by Li Xingxian and Zhang Yunchu, the original CCP secretaries of the neighborhood committee. Ms. Zhao was persecuted for 15 days in the Jiangjin Detention Center. Zhong Yong, the police station director, took her to the Langshan Brainwashing Center in Jiangjin, where she underwent persecution for 81 days. Ms. Zhao was forced to pay 3,000 yuan along with an additional 5,590 yuan for the brainwashing sessions as a requirement for her release. The 5,590 yuan for living costs was given to Hu Zhiming, a Zhiping township government staff member. He wrote a receipt without the receiver name.

Two days after Ms. Zhao returned home, Dai Guijiang of the neighborhood committee of Zhiping township summoned her husband to the office and forced him to sign a statement promising to monitor her at home. He was required to report every movement to the police. Her husband also practiced Falun Dafa. Ever since the CCP started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, their family has been continually harassed and threatened. Following this extended period of living in fear, her husband fell ill in 2006. He passed away on August 7, 2010.

In June 2010, Chen Xiaoli and Du Gaojian, the Zhiping township 610 Office heads, brought several officials to Ms. Zhao's home while she was away. Since it was the farmers' market day, Du Gaojian looked for her on the streets. They monitored practitioners for extended periods of time, and prevented them from speaking to people. After Du found Ms. Zhao, he let her go home, and told her that the 610 Office needed to talk to her. Once she entered her home, Chen Xiaoli immediately started taking pictures of her and told her to promise to stop practicing Falun Gong. They also threatened that if she continued to practice Falun Gong, they would organize another brainwashing session for her in September. Ms. Zhao refused all their demands.

In March 2011, Ms. Zhao left home to avoid further persecution. The 610 Office of Zhiping township continued to call and threaten her children, seriously disrupting their lives.