Name: Wei Guimei (魏桂梅)
Gender: Male
Age: Late 60s
Address: Huaihua City, Hunan Province
Occupation: Retired employee from the Huaihua City No. 7 Company
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
March 13, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp (新开铺劳教所)
City: Changsha
Province: Hunan
Persecution Suffered:
Home ransacked, detention, forced labor

( Mr. Wei Guimei, in his late 60s, is a retired employee from the Huaihua City No. 7 Company in Hunan Province. He has practiced and benefited from Falun Dafa for more than ten years. He would like to bring the great benefits of Falun Dafa to people in his hometown, but local police arrested him every time he returned home. He was eventually taken to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp on March 13, 2011.

Mr. Wei is originally from Ningxiang County. He was subjected to forced labor twice between 2000 and 2004 for speaking with people about Falun Gong and distributing truth clarifying materials. During his detention at the labor camp, his employers withheld his pension, which amounted to 6303.63 yuan.

In March 2004, Mr. Wei's workplace workers' union chairman Li Zhongnan instructed Security Section officers Shu Youde and Xie to break into Mr. Wei's home, and pry open a wooden trunk, where they found and seized a Falun Gong book. Officer Xie later took a copy of Zhuan Falun and informational materials from Mr. Wei's home.

Mr. Wei had to live away from home to avoid the persecution.

He brought with him informational materials when he returned to his hometown in April 2009. Qingshanqiao Township Police Station officer Yan Jianqiang led four officers to break into Mr. Wei's home. They rummaged through everything, and then took him to the Ningxiang Detention Center, to be held for 16 days.

Mr. Wei returned to his hometown once again in March 2010. Police officer Yan Jianqiang led a group of officers to arrest him and body-search him. They ransacked his home and took a copy of Hongyin, and took him to the Ningxiang Detention Center to be held for eight days.

Ningxiang County Domestic Security Division officer Liu attempted to send Mr. Wei to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City, Hunan Province, but labor camp officials refused to accept him after a physical examination disqualified him.

Mr. Wei was arrested again on March 13, 2011, as he was posting information about Falun Gong. He was detained and eventually taken to Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp.