Additional Persecution News from China – April 3, 2011 (14 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 13 cities or counties in six provinces. In this report, eight practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 22 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Mr. An Zhidong and Ms. Niu Ling Illegally Arrested
- [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Shiyan and Ms. Zhang Guiyun Arrested
- [Changchun, Jilin Province] Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp Illegally Extends Ms. Wu Libo's Term
- [Jilin, Jilin Province] Shanqian Police Arrest Ms. Yang Min
- [Shanghai] Ms. Jiang Gendi Persecuted
- [Yinan, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Xiulian Detained
- [Yantai, Shandong Province] Twelve Practitioners in the Gaoxin Area Arrested
- [Shaanxi Province] Xian City Brainwashing Center Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Shouzhen Arrested
- [Wendeng, Shandong Province] Mr. Yang Zongquan Arrested
- [Zhuanglang County, Gansu Province] Ms. Jin Qiaoyan and Mr. Xue Qiang Arrested around March 29, 2011
- [Kunming, Yunnan Province] Mr. Chen Jingwu Detained at Wuhua Detention Center
- [Akesu, Xinjiang] Ms. Guan Zhiying to Be Tried
- [Zhangye, Gansu Province] Ms. Tang Yun Arrested
1. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Mr. An Zhidong and Ms. Niu Ling Illegally Arrested
Officers from the Nongan County Domestic Security Division and the Helong Police Station illegally arrested Mr. An Zhidonng and his wife, Ms. Niu Ling, who live in Yangtun, Yujiadian Village, Helong Town, on March 29, 2011. The police confiscated their computers and printers. The couple's whereabouts are unknown.
2. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Shiyan and Ms. Zhang Guiyun Arrested
Officers from the Qiangangxiang Police Station arrested Ms. Wang Shiyan and Ms. Zhang Guiyun from Yaodao Village of Qiangangxiang. The police confiscated Dafa books found in their homes. Both practitioners are being detained in the Changchun Detention House.
Zhu Guocai, head of the Qiangangxiang Police
Station:86-431-8341315, 86-15500070588, 86-13844128686
Zhang Jianfu, deputy head of the Qiangangxiang Police Station: 86-431-83302023, 86-15500070586, 86-13364600783
Wei Bolin, head of the Xinnong Police Station: 86-431-83333110, 86-15500070602, 86-15947888299
3. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp Illegally Extends Ms. Wu Libo's Term
Ms. Wu Libo from Changchun, who was illegally held in Heizuizi the Forced Labor Camp, completed her one-year term on March 21, 2011. But the labor camp extended her term because Ms. Wu refused to give up her belief of Falun Dafa.
4. [Jilin, Jilin Province] Shanqian Police Arrest Ms. Yang Min
Shanqin Police Station officers from the Longtan District, Jilin City arrested Ms. Yang Min at noon on April 1. They ransacked her home and took her to the police station.
Xu Haifeng, head of the Shanqian Police Station:86-432-3044843l,
Longtan Domestic Security Division:86-432-3039385, 86-432-2193025
Han Fuyuan, captain of the Longtan Domestic Security Division: 86-432-3039385, 86-432-2193025
5. [Shanghai] Ms. Jiang Gendi Persecuted
Ms. Jiang Gendi, in her 70s, was incarcerated in a forced labor camp for a one-year term in 2004. She was held in solitary confinement and monitored by five to six prisoners in the labor camp. In 2005 Ms. Jiang was released, but the Baoshan District 610 Office sentenced her to another term of more than three years.
6. [Yinan, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Xiulian Detained
Ms. Wangg Xiulian from Yinan talked with people about Falun Gong at the market in Dushu Village and was arrested by agents from the 610 Office and the Domestic Security Division. The police ransacked her home and confiscated materials related to Falun Gong. Ms. Wang is currently being detained.
7. [Yantai, Shandong Province] Twelve Practitioners in the Gaoxin Area Arrested
Twelve practitioners in Jiejiazhuang Town, in the Gaoxin area, were arrested at around 10:00 a.m. on March 31. Among them were Ms. Wang Guifen, her husband and their daughter; Ms Song and her parents; Ms. Luu Maichang; Ms. Lin Jizhu; Ms. Song Xianxia; and Mr. Shi Daheng. The police ransacked Mr. Shi Daheng's home at 9:00 p.m.
Hu Jiayou, head of the Jiejiazhuang Police Station in Yantai
Sun Zixu, police officer for community outreach: 86-13686389771
Li Zengjiang, director of the Laishan Area 610 Office: 86-535-13805355686, 86-535-6711620
Zhang Haitao, chief of the Laishan Police Department: 86-535-6890877, 86-535-13905357711
8. [Shaanxi Province] Xian City Brainwashing Center Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners
Ms. Shi Fangxia and Ms. Zhang Xiaolin from Hu County were taken to the Xian City Brainwashing Center on March 17, 2011.
Ms. Qi Guiqin from Xian was seized by officer Zhang Xiaowei and others from the Hujiamiao Police Station in the Xincheng area and taken to the brainwashing center on the morning of March 29, 2011. At the center Ms. Qi was brutally beaten and her blood pressure reached 250. She was released two days later.
9. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Shouzhen Arrested
On February 28, 2011, Gong Piwang, the deputy head of the Taoxu Town Police Station, and others broke into Ms. Li Shouzhen's home. They ransacked it and took her to the police station. Officer Wang Haifeng extorted 6,000 yuan from Ms. Li's family. Ms. Li was released on March 1.
10. [Wendeng, Shandong Province] Mr. Yang Zongquan Arrested
Officers from the Wendengying Town Police Station and the Jiaozhou 610 Office arrested Mr. Yang Zongquan on March 29, 2011. They broke into his home and confiscated three printers, one laptop computer, an electric paper-cutter, and other items. Mr. Yang is being held in the Jiaozhou Detention House.
11. [Zhuanglang County, Gansu Province] Ms. Jin Qiaoyan and Mr. Xue Qiang Arrested around March 29, 2011
12. [Kunming, Yunnan Province] Mr. Chen Jingwu Detained at Wuhua Detention Center
Daguan Police Station officers arrested Mr. Chen Jingwu on March 27, 2011, when he was distributing truth clarification materials. Mr. Chen is being detained in the Wuhua Detention Center. The police ransacked his home, confiscated two paper-cutters, Falun Dafa books, an MP4, and other items.
13. [Akesu, Xinjiang] Ms. Guan Zhiying to Be Tried
Police from the Domestic Security Division of Akesu arrested Ms. Guan Zhiying in January 2011 and held her in the Akesu Detention Center. Ms. Guan will be tried in the next few days.
Bao Liqun, director of Akesu and surrounding area 610 Office:
Lu Junxian, former director of the 610 Office: 86-997-2137350
Wang Jihong, director of Akesu 610 Office: 86-997-2123238, 86-13909979732
Zhou Shengwen, instructor of the Domestic Security Division of Akesu: 86-997-2146521
14. [Zhangye, Gansu Province] Ms. Tang Yun Arrested
On February 17, 2011, Ms. Tang Yun went to a bank to get some money for her mother. Dongjie Police Station officers arrested her and took her to the police station. They searched her purse, and confiscated all her identification documents, her mother's two deposit books, cash (more than a thousand yuan), a bank card, and an MP3 player. Later the police ransacked her home.
After 15 days of detention, Ms. Tang was released on March 4.