(Clearwisdom.net) September 4, 2004 is a day that I will always remember.

Serious Car Accident

At around 3:00 a.m. on September 4, 2004, my husband was driving his three-wheeler with me on the back to go to the market to buy corn. We planned to cook the corn and then sell it at the market. When we arrived at an intersection, we did not see any cars, so we kept going. When we got to the middle of the intersection, a red taxi hit our three-wheeler at full speed, sending it flying. It was completely wrecked. My husband crashed through the windshield and into the car.

My husband got out of the car and came over to where I was. I was unconscious. My husband said to me, “You are a Dafa disciple, you can't stay down, stand up.” I did not respond. They took me to the hospital, where I was diagnosed with skull and pelvic fractures and retinal hemorrhaging. The doctor told the driver and his family that my life was in danger. If I ever did recover, he said I would be half paralyzed or in a permanent coma. The driver, in his 30s, was so scared that he cried. Both he and his brother had lost their jobs and he had just bought the taxi. He didn't know what would happen next and was very worried.

Regaining Consciousness and Going Home

I suddenly woke up and found myself in bed in the hospital. I remembered that I had been hit by a car, but I was not able to move.

Everyone talked to me. I said to myself, “I am a Dafa disciple, I can't stay in the hospital. Master takes care of me. This is not where I should stay.” I said to the doctor, “I don't want to stay here; I want go home.” Everyone tried to persuade me to stay, including the driver's parents. The doctor said that my condition was very critical and that I might not survive if I went home. I told them that I had to go home. I told the driver's family that I would not extort money from them since I follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

At my firm insistence, they sent me home in an ambulance.

People Witness the Miracle of Dafa Through My Husband

My husband was also hit severely. Because he crashed into the taxi's windshield, there were pieces of glass all over his face and head. One of his shins was badly dislocated and was swollen badly. He said it felt as if his pants were too tight. He said to himself, “It's OK, Master takes care of me. It's OK.” Right after that, he saw his leg return to normal. A doctor came to take care of the glass pieces on his head and face, but he swiped his head and face with his hand and all the glass fell out, leaving no cuts on his skin. One person said to him, “You must have a strong faith.” He told everyone around him that he practices Falun Gong. They were all surprised and witnessed the miracle of Dafa. He rested at home for 13 days without a single pill and recovered.

Difficulties at Home

When I got home, I fell unconscious again. When my neighbors saw me in that condition, they did not understand why I came back home and did not believe I could recover. My fellow practitioners came to help me. I always had the firm thought, “I will recover since I have Master and Dafa. I definitely will recover.”

The driver's family came to visit me and brought us 2,400 yuan as compensation. They wanted us to write a letter guaranteeing that if anything happened to me later on, it would have nothing to do with them. My husband wrote the letter and both of us signed it, but we returned their money. We told them that we practice Falun Gong and are always considerate of others first, and would never cause trouble for others. They were touched and insisted we accept the money since my husband could not work and my children had to take off from work to take care of me. So we accepted the money.

I laid in bed, but was unable to move. When anyone touched me, it hurt all over. My arms and legs felt like they were no longer mine, since I could not tell them to do anything.

I lay in bed for two days. On the third day, I could not lay down like that anymore—I had to stand up. I asked my child to lift me up, and I moved my legs little by little to the side of the bed. When I moved my legs, the pain in my pelvis was unbearable. My child supported me, so I sat up on the side of the bed. Then I said to myself that I had to stand up. Then I actually stood up and also did the first exercise! The next day, I did two exercises. On the third day, I did three exercises. After that I got better and better. A week later, I was able to walk with the support of a chair.

Walking Downstairs after 22 Days

Twenty-two days after the accident, I was able to walk downstairs. When my neighbors saw me outside walking without a crutch or cane, they were all very surprised. Some said, “You are supernatural.” I told them that I am not supernatural, but that Dafa is supernatural and Master is supernatural. They saw the miracle and the beauty of Dafa through me, and all of them said that Falun Dafa is good.

One month and four days after the accident, my son and I went to the home of the taxi driver's parents. When they saw me, they did not recognize me since my face was such a mess after the accident. They could not believe that I had fully recovered and was now just fine. They were very surprised and expressed their gratitude. The driver's mother saw the true nature of Dafa and immediately wanted to learn Falun Gong. I told them about Dafa and the truth of the persecution. They all understood the beauty of Dafa.

Selected from “Call for Articles about Divine Occurrences in the Human World”