Name: Man Shouzheng (滿守正)
Gender: Male
Age: 63
Address: Jianguo Community in Zhucheng City, Shandong Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: December 3, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 9, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Wangcun Forced Labor Camp (王村勞教所)
City: Zhucheng
Province: Shandong
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( Mr. Man Shouzheng, 63, from Weifang City, Shandong Province, was unlawfully sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp for practicing Falun Gong. When he was released in March 2010, he could no longer talk because he had developed late-stage tongue cancer. He previously weighed 176 pounds, but after being severely persecuted in the labor camp he weighed less than 110 pounds.

In March 2009, Chinese Communist Party (CCP) personnel in Zhucheng City converted the Taojialing East-suburban School into a facility for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Former CCP City Director Zou Qingzhong personally coordinated the Political and Judicial Directory, the 610 Office, and the police department in an effort to arrest many practitioners around the end of March of 2009. The police department summoned almost all the police in the city, and with the National Security Division leading, they conducted a large scale campaign to arrest over a hundred practitioners. They broke into and ransacked practitioners' homes, seized their personal belongings, and took the practitioners away in handcuffs.

In detention, the arrested practitioners were either cuffed to the sides of the beds or to the iron window bars. Some were forced to sit on the ground with water poured over it in the winter when it was around freezing. The CCP assigned guards to watch the practitioners. The guards forbade them from closing their eyes, and deprived them of sleep for days. They tried to force practitioners to denigrate Dafa, write the so-called “Three Statements” to pledge not to cultivate anymore, and attempted to force them to tell them the source of the informational materials that they distributed to the public. Those who refused to comply were tortured with gang beatings, were suspended in the air, or shocked with electric batons.

In April 2009, Mr. Man was arrested by Mao Yulong, an officer from the Zhucheng City Police Department's National Security Division. He was detained in the Zhucheng Brainwashing Center and brutally beaten by Mao Yulong. He was forced to lie on his back while another person stomped on his body and his head. They also slammed his head against the wall. He was later sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp to serve a one-year forced labor term after being detained for one month in the Zhucheng City Detention Center.

In January 2010 Mr. Man's tongue became swollen, and it was so painful that he could not eat anything. When he was released, he could no longer talk.

Mr. Man's family took him directly to a hospital where he was diagnosed with an advanced stage of tongue cancer, treatment of which would cost over ten thousand yuan. Up to this point he was still unable to talk. His mouth overflowed with foul-smelling saliva; he suffered severe pain and could not eat.

After nine months of torture and pain, Mr. Man passed away on December 3, 2010.

Zhucheng City Police Department Chief: Zhang Xingyie: Cell 86-13605368876
Zhucheng City Police Department Director Zhao Yude: Cell 86-13705361169

Zhucheng City Police Department Deputy Director Sun Yulong: Cell 86-13806496996
Former National Security Squadron Captain Zheng Daqing: Cell 86-13906460235
Former National Security Team Captain Mao Yulong: Cell 86-13964689858
Police: Fan Zuoben, Lu Min, Fan Jie, Cui Po, Li Honghe

Earlier report: