Name: Zhang Jingzhou (张荆州)
Gender: Male
Age: 51
Address: Qiaokou District, Wuhan
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 13, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jinghe Detention Center, Dongxihu District Police Department, Wuhan (武汉市东西湖区公安分局径河拘留所 )
City: Wuhan
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, hung up, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( Practitioner Mr. Zhang Jingzhou was illegally arrestedon the morning of December 13, 2010 by plainclothes police near the Dongxihu District Court in Wuhan. Mr. Zhang was deprived of sleep for several days and brutally tortured. After being held for fifteen days, he was taken to a detention center, but guards refused to accept him due to his high blood pressure. Disregarding his poor physical condition, the police didn’t release him.

During the eleven years of the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Zhang maintained a firm belief in Falun Gong, and subsequently has been arrested and detained many times. He was sentenced to “re-education” through forced labor twice, and forcibly brainwashed. His home was ransacked several times.

In 2001, Mr. Zhang was sentenced to forced labor, and imprisoned in the Strict Control Division at the Shayang Forced Labor Camp in Hubei Province.

In October 2008, Mr. Zhang was arrested by officers from the Qiaokou District Police Station, Wuhan, and his home was also ransacked. He was imprisoned at the Etouwan Brainwashing Center and the Qiaokou District Detention Center, where he was brutally tortured. Later, he was imprisoned in the Hewan Forced Labor Camp in Hubei Province for one year and six months.

On October 21, 2008, over twenty officers from the Domestic Security Division, Qiaokou District Police Department, Wuhan, and from the Yijia Police Station, Qiaokou District broke into Mr. Zhang’s home and searched Mr. Zhang as well as his home. The police handcuffed Mr. Zhang to a chair, and then six officers beat him. When the police failed to extract information about where he'd hidden his computer, they beat him again. Later, Mr. Zhang was taken to the Etouwan Brainwashing Center in Qiaokou District, Hubei Province.

During his imprisonment in the Etouwan Brainwashing Center, Mr. Zhang was hung up, brutally beaten and humiliated for an extended period, then taken to the detention center in the Qiaokou District Police Department, where he was held for over two months. During this time, he endured several torture sessions. Although the Procuratorate didn’t accept his case due to insufficient evidence, the Wuhan Domestic Security Division sentenced him to one year and six months of forced labor. On December 30, 2008, he was taken to the Hewan Forced Labor Camp.

Mr. Zhang was diagnosed with a serious illness during his physical examination at the Hewan Forced Labor Camp, so the officials refused to accept him. However, under pressure from the Wuhan 610 Office and the Domestic Security Division, the officials finally imprisoned him in the Hewan Forced Labor Camp's No. 5 Division.

Mr. Zhang was transferred from the Hewan Forced labor Camp to the Hubei Province Brainwashing Center on April 23, 2010 by 610 Office personnel, in an attempt to keep persecuting him. The brainwashing center officials refused to accept him due to his poor physical condition. The Jingzhou 610 Office personnel then released Mr. Zhang.

Mr. Zhang was arrested and imprisoned again by Wuhan police soon after he was released.