Name: Tang Tieyong (唐铁勇)
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Employee of Tangshan Steel Co
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 24, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Tangshen Second Detention Center
City: Tangshen (唐山)
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, extortion, physical restraint, home ransacked, detention

( On November 24, 2010, Mr. Tang Tieyong was arrested by Youyi Road Police Station officers and taken to the Second Detention Center solely because he had viewed the Clearwisdom website. His home was also ransacked.

Tang Tieyong began practicing Dafa in 1997. He is technically brilliant and a hard worker. In the company's welding competition this year, he won second prize. However, he has been persecuted because of his belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

At the end of July 1999, as five practitioners including Tang Tieyong were on their way to Beijing to clarify the truth, police seized them and brought them back to the factory where they and 13 other practitioners were confined in the conference room on the third floor and were not allowed to go home until the end of August because they were going to be subjected to “transformation” tests.

At daybreak on September 7, 1999, seven practitioners including Tang Tieyong went again to Beijing. The day after their arrival in Beijing, they were arrested by the city police and detained in the underground room of the Tangshan Steel Company station office in Beijing for a day and then were transferred back to Tangshan's Wenbei Police Station for another day. What followed was that these seven practitioners were handcuffed and detained in a cage for five days in Tangshan Steel Company, where they could only crouch or lay down and were unable to stretch their legs. They were not even allowed to eat, and their families were not notified.

On September 15, Tang Tieyong and 12 other practitioners were again arrested by Tangshan Steel Company's public security personnel and escorted to the company's technical school in Nvzhizhai Village for illegal detention and monitoring around the clock. They were ordered to write an account of their thoughts. They were handcuffed to their respective beds in rooms that were sealed without sunshine. The gate at the end of the corridor was locked all day. They were not released until the end of October. After going back to work, Mr. Tang was penalized with a one-year contract and his salary was reduced.

On December 20, 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong for the third time. Police identified him while he was on the train and had him detained for a day at the Beijing train station police detention center and then had him transferred to the Beijing office of the Tangshan Steel Company. At about 11:00 p.m. Tangshan “110” police vehicles carried more than 60 Falun Gong practitioners to the Tangshan Command Center. Inside the vehicles were children only a few years old to adults of over 70, all chained and handcuffed together. Mr. Tang was taken to the brainwashing center that was part of Tangshan University of Spinning and Weaving, where he was detained for two days, then taken to Changningdao for 15 days, and then back to the public security office of Tangshan Steel Company for another seven days. He finally ended up in the Tangshan Brainwashing Center for another month and was not released until authorities had extorted 6000 yuan from his family.