Additional Persecution News from China - August 24, 2010 ( 19 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 18 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 13 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 18 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Elunchunqi, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Sun Lifeng Detained for an Extended Term
Ms. Sun Lifeng has been arrested and sentenced to three years of forced labor. On the way to the forced labor camp she managed to escape and became homeless and destitute in Harbin, Heilongjiang Province.
On April 25, 2008, Ms. Sun was arrested while she was talking to people about Falun Gong. She was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. In Qianjin Forced Labor Camp, her term was extended by two months because she did not write the three statements. She went on a hunger strike in protest. On November 22, 2009, the camp worked with the local police department in Ms. Sun's hometown and sent her back to Elunchunqi. Ms. Sun was sent to the Alihe Detention Center in Elunchunqi and has been detained for an extended nine months.
Li Benxue, director of the Dayangshu Town Police Department: 86-13847072678, 86-470-5714759
Li Shuliang, associate director of the Dayangshu Town Police Department: 86-470-5712154
Director of the Alihe Town Police Department in Elunchunqi: 86-470-5625809
Wang Liangsen, warden of the Alihe Detention Center in Elunchunqi: 86-13848075599
2. [Funing County, Hebei Province] Ms. Meng Chu, Ms. Pang Xiaohong, Ms. Wei Shuzhen, and Ms. Xu Gongyun Sentenced
On May 12, 2010, the Funing County Court opened a session to try Ms. Meng Chu, Ms. Pang Xiaohong, Ms. Wei Shuzhen, and Ms. Xu Gongyun. On August 6, 2010, the court handed down the sentences: Ms. Meng Chu to seven years in prison; Ms. Pang and Ms. Wei to three years in prison with five years' probation, and Ms. Xu Gongyun to three years in prison with four years' probation.
3. [Qionglai City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Gao's Home Ransacked
At 5:00 p.m. on August 19, 2010, about 20 officers from the Chengguang Police Station in Qionglai ransacked Ms. Gao's home and took away 38 Falun Dafa books.
4. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Chen Sudan Detained
On the morning of August 18, 2010, Ms. Chen Sudan was arrested on her way to work by officers from the Tianhe Police Department in Guangzhou City. Afterwards, the police went to ransack her home and took Dafa books, her computer, a printer, a DVD burner, etc. Ms. Chen was taken to the Tianhe Detention Center that day.
Tianhe Detention Center: 86-20-85660279 ext. 852
5. [Tangyuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Li Xiuqin Critically Ill as a Result of Persecution
Ms. Li Xiuqin is being held in the Tangyuan County Detention Center. As a result of persecution, Ms. Li has become critically ill and cannot walk. However, the detention center still refuses to let her family visit her.
6. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Ms. Ma Guiyue and Mr. Wang Jianying and His Wife, Ms. Peng Yujuan, Arrested
Mr. Wang Jianying is an associate professor at the University of Science and Technology of China. At noon on August 22, 2010, he and his wife, Ms. Peng Yujuan, were arrested by Wang Jinsong and other officers from the Wuhulu Police Station in the Baohe District of Hefei City. Their neighbor, Ms. Ma Guiyue, was also arrested in front of the building near their home. The three practitioners were taken to the Brainwashing Center in the Qingpingguo Kuaijie Hotel on Huangshan Road, Hefei City.
7. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sun Tianjing and Ms. Jiang Ailing Arrested by the Dalian Domestic Security Team on the Afternoon of August 22, 2010
8. [Dayi County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Huang Yinhui Detained and Persecuted for a Long Time
Ms. Huang Yinhui has been held in the Dayi Police Department Detention Center for a long time.
9. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Hua, Ms. Ma Shuhua, and Ms. Sun Yan Secretly Sentenced
On December 23, 2009, officers from the Dandong 610 Office, the Politics and Law Committee, the Police Department, the Domestic Security Team, and the Yongchang Police Station in the Zhenxing District arrested Ms. Li Hua, Ms. Sun Yan, and Ms. Ma Shuhua. Their homes were also ransacked, and the police took away computers, printers, and DVD burners. The three practitioners were taken to the Baifang Detention Center in Dandong.
On August 16, 2010, the Zhenxing District Court in Dandong City sentenced Ms. Li Hua to eight years in prison and Ms. Ma Shuhua and Ms. Sun Yan each to three years in prison.
10. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] At Noon on August 23, 2010, Mr. Ju Guangge and Ms. Zou Benhua from Damiao Township in the Longcheng District Arrested
11. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] On the Afternoon of August 22, 2010, Ms. Jiang Qin and Mr. Ding Zaoxing Arrested
Hefei Police Department: 86-551-2928060
Main Office of the Hefei Police Department: 86-551-2928114
12. [Yibin City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wang Shuxian and Ms. Li Heqin Arrested
On the morning of August 19, 2010, officers from the Xingwen County 610 Office and the Domestic Security Team and local community officers went to Ms. Wang Shuxian's home and took her away. At the same time, Ms. Li Heqin was also arrested.
Zeng Xingzhong, director of the Police Department: 86-13508193258
Zeng Yuting, director of the 610 Office: 86-13708294782
Huang Chuanwu, chief of the Domestic Security Team: 86-13990939995
13. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Additional Information about the Arrest of Ms. Liu Xueqin and Her Husband
At 5:30 am on August 11, 2010, Ms. Liu Xueqin and her husband, who is not a practitioner, from Wanjiatun Village in the Xiashan District were taken to the Xiashan District Police Department by Shang Jingyuan from the Xiashan Domestic Security Team and other police officers. Their home, as well as the home of Ms. Liu's mother, was ransacked.
Shang Jingyuan from the Xiashan Domestic Security Team: 86-536-7602829, 86-13605366981
14. [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhao Mingju Persecuted in a Brainwashing Center
Ms. Zhao Mingju, in her 50s and from Xinfeng Town, Guanghan City, was falsely accused by Zhang Yurong, the Village Party secretary. On August 13, 2010, she was picked up by officers from the Xinfeng Police Station and the Guanghan Domestic Security Team and is being detained in the Hexing Town Brainwashing Center in Guanghan City.
Zhang Yurong, Village Party secretary: 86-13508014902
15. [Siping City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yu Fengying and Other Practitioners Taken to the Siping Brainwashing Center
On August 17, 2010, Ms. Yu Fengying was taken to the Siping Brainwashing Center by officers from the Tiedong District 610 Office and the Beimenjie Police Station. Ms. Cheng Zhichun was also arrested that day.
16. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Additional Information about the Arrest of Ms. Hou Yayu and Ms. Xu Xiaolan
On the afternoon of August 19, 2010, Ms. Hou Yayu and Ms. Xu Xiaolan were reported to the police for talking to people about Falun Gong in the Chengfeng Residential Area. They were arrested by officers from the Donghu Police Department and their homes were ransacked. The two practitioners are now in the Daqing First Detention Center.
17. [Nanpi County, Henan Province] Ms. Chen Yueying Arrested
On August 23, 2010, the Nanpi police suddenly broke into the home of Ms. Chen Yueying and ransacked it. They took away Falun Gong materials and arrested Ms. Chen.
18. [Yibin City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wang Dehui Arrested
At 8 a.m. on August 20, 2010, Ms. Wang Dehui was arrested on her way to work by three plainclothes policemen. She was detained in the senior nursing home near the airport.
Ms. Hu and Ms. Fu were also arrested. The two practitioners were detained in the Anfu Detention Center.
19. [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Xieyuan Arrested
On the morning of August 23, 2010, Ms. Chang Xiuyuan was taken to the Dongji Police Station while she was caring for her husband in the city hospital.