Additional Persecution News from China - August 25, 2010 (30 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 23 cities or counties in 12 provinces. As per this report, 26 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 21 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Court Hearing for Mr. Zheng Hongjun and Mr. Li Zhimin
Officials at the Railroad Transportation Court in Qiqihar City are about to hold the second hearing for Mr. Zheng Hongjun and Mr. Li Zhimin on the morning of August 26, 2010.
2. [Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province] Practitioners Including Ms. Huang Xiujuan Still Detained
Ms. Huang Xiujuan and Ms. Dai Shengnu are still detained and being persecuted at the brainwashing center. Ms. Yuan Yulian is still being held in the Ruihe Vacation Village in Xinchang County, Shaoxing City.
3. [Hunan Province] Mr. Li Zhigang Persecuted in the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp
While having six drug addicts hold Mr. Li Zhigang down, guards from the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp drew blood from Mr. Li. He is now in critical condition from torture.
4. [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Tian Yanhua and Ms. Li Xiuying Arrested and Home Ransacked
Ms. Tian Yanhua and Ms. Li Xiuying from the Kunchuan Group were arrested at a food market and taken to the Changhong Police Station on August 21, 2010. The police subsequently ransacked their homes. The two practitioners returned home that same day after obtaining a guarantor, pending trial.
5. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Additional Information on the Persecution of Ms. Zhao Yan
Ms. Zhao Yan, in her sixties, was arrested on June 1, 2009. Participating in the arrest were officials from the Anju District State Security Division. The officials extorted 20,000 yuan from Ms. Zhao's family, guaranteeing they would return the money one year later. When the family members went to the State Security Division in June 2010 to request their money back, the officials said they wouldn't return the money unless Ms. Zhao Yan wrote the guarantee statement.
6. [Yiyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Huang Hongying Arrested
Ms. Huang Hongying, who is 51 years old and retired from the Antimony Product Metallurgical Refinery, was arrested at the Longguang Bridge on July 30, 2010. Her home was ransacked.
Chang Shurui, Huilongshan Agency secretary: 86-13873735848
Xiao Guiqing, deputy secretary: 86-13574719349
Meng Hui, political head: 86-13187371700
7. [Tang County, Hebei Province] A Number of Practitioners Including Mr. Kang Zhongxian Arrested and Taken to Forced Labor Camps
Thirteen practitioners from Tang County were arrested on the afternoon of August 16, 2010. Mr. Kang Zhongxian, Mr. Sun Hongmin, and Mr. Zhang Shijie were sent to the Baoding Forced Labor Camp on August 19. Ms. Wang Huiqing, Ms. Dou Yuhuan, Ms. Chen Gaiqin and Ms. Song Xiuchi were sent to the Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp on August 18. Mr. Zhang Chunxian and Mr. Kang Laode were held in the Tang County Detention Center.
8. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Ma Xia Arrested
A police officer surnamed Jiang from the Tongbai Road Police Station led a number of officers to break into Ms. Ma Xia's home on August 16, 2010. They illegally arrested Ms. Ma, her son and her son's girlfriend, and took them to the Tongbai Road Police Station. The home invaders confiscated many of the family's personal belongings, including Dafa books. Ms. Ma's son and his girlfriend were released late that afternoon.
Officials from the Tongbai Road Police Station declared they would detain Ms. Ma for 15 days, and also required her son to pay a 700-yuan fine. When her son did so, the police began to provide regular food for Ms. Ma, who was previously given only two pieces of steamed bread per day. Ms. Ma Xia is still detained in the lockup.
9. [Xinxiang City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Cuilan Arrested
Ms. Liu Cuilan, 71, was arrested on the evening of August 16, 2010 at the hands of officials from the Hongqi District Police Department. She is currently in the Xinxiang City Detention Center.
Liu Zhiyuan, Hongqi District Police Department head: 86-13803801088
Lin Guojian, lockup head: 86-13837341676
10. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Ms. Han Xinlin Incarcerated in the Tangshan City Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Han Xinlin was harassed and arrested on June 25, 2010. She is now locked up and being persecuted in the Tangshan City Forced Labor Camp.
11. [Chongqing] Mr. Xie Jin Returned Home After Suffering from Numerous Abuses
Mr. Xie Jin, 48, a lecturer at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, was arrested on July 15, 2008 and then sent to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing for a two-year term. He lost feeling in his legs and became disabled as a result of the tortures his captors subjected him to in the first two to three months at the camp. He was taken to a hospital for treatment in early November 2008, and diagnosed with high blood pressure and a "fatty liver." However, he was denied medical parole for refusing to give up his belief.
Mr. Xie Jin has been tormented and tortured in forced labor camps three times under the persecution since 1999. His cumulative detention period in the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp amounts to approximately six years. Since his latest detention, beginning July 15, 2008, his employers refused to pay his wages. The family lived off his wife's retirement pay.
12. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Yi Xuemei Arrested
Ms. Yi Xuemei was arrested in the Wanbailin District on the afternoon of July 25, 2010. Having searched for her for two weeks, her family learned that she had been sent to the Taiyuan City Detention Center. They tried to visit Ms. Yi Xuemei and bring her daily necessities, but the police refused to let them. In addition, the police broke into Ms. Yi's home on August 9 and confiscated many of her personal belongings, including a desktop computer.
Taiyuan City Detention Center: 86-351-6573505
Jiankuang Police Station at the Wanbailin Police Department: 86-351-6217110
13. [Baishan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Tan Xiulan Arrested in a Market by Officials from the Shiren Police Station on July 30, 2010
14. [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Ms. Li Xiuhong Escapes After Being Transferred from the Huizuizi Forced Labor Camp to a Brainwashing Center
Officials from the Tonghua City 610 Office transferred Ms. Li Xiuhong from the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp to the Hejiaxiao Hotel on August 23, 2010. They wanted to set up a two-week-long brainwashing session in which to persecute Ms. Li Xiuhong. Ms. Li escaped safely from the hotel that same night.
Yao Zhijun, Erdaojiang District Political and Judiciary Committee secretary: 86-435-3909993 (Home), 86-13804450011 (Cell)
Zhang Fujin, deputy secretary
Erdaojiang District 610 Office secretary surnamed Chang: 86-435-2281981
Wang Yan, Domestic Security Division head: 86-435-5062166-3109, 86-13314357699
15. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Dai Qihong Electrically Shocked in the Jiamusi Prison
Mr. Dai Qihong, who is being held in the Jiamusi Prison, was subjected to harsh tortures on August 18, 2010, because he protested the unlawful detention and refused to do hard labor.
Third Team head Wang Yantao from the No. 1 Division ordered prisoners to severely beat Mr. Dai and shock his sensitive areas with electric batons, making Mr.'s mouth misshapen. Mr. Dai had been unable to eat for six days, since August 23, and remains extremely weak.
Prison Administration Bureau in Heilongjiang Province: 86-451-86335924
Zhou Jinhua, prison Political Department head: 86-451-86331628
Liu Renli, No. 1 Division of the Jiamusi Prison: 86-454-8816198, 86-13845450555
16. [Anqing City, Anhui Province] Mr. Huang Zhisong Arrested
Mr. Huang Zhisong, a taxi driver, was arrested and taken to the Hefei City Brainwashing Center. Two plainclothes policemen participated in the arrest while driving around the Shihua Hotel area in Anqing City on the morning of August 24, 2010.
It was said that the behind-the-scenes schemers of this arrest were Anhui Province 610 Office officials, while those from the Ningbei Police Station carried out the operation.
Mr. Huang Zhisong is in his forties. He once worked as a deputy factory director for the Anqing City Petrochemical Complex. Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, he has suffered many abuses. Mr. Huang was sentenced to four years of imprisonment in February 2003 and persecuted in the Suzhou Prison, during which time his employers fired him.
17. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Ms. Zhu Qingzhen Arrested
Ms. Zhu Qingzhen from Hefei City was arrested by the police and officials from the Neighborhood Committee on the afternoon of August 22, 2010. The police subsequently ransacked her home and confiscated her computer and Dafa books.
18. [Hubei Province] Four Practitioners Arrested and Taken to the Shiyan Brainwashing Center
19. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Five Practitioners Arrested on the Afternoon of August 22, 2010
20. [Luoyang City, Henan Province] Ms. Wang Haiying, a Practitioner's Relative, Arrested
Ms. Wang Haiying, a practitioner's relative, was arrested at home in the Nancun Residential area in the Jianxi District on the evening of August 21, 2010. She is currently in the Luoyang Detention Center.
21. [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Yu Daxiang in Her Seventies Arrested; Her Mother, in Her Nineties, Neglected
Ms. Yu Daxiang, 72, was reported to police by a pedicab driver on August, 17, 2010. Officials from the Chengxi Police Station in Guanghan City subsequently arrested and ransacked her home. They confiscated many of her personal belongings including several large bags of Dafa books and truth-clarifying materials. Ms. Yu is now persecuted in the Guanghan Detention Center, leaving her mother, who is in her nineties, at home without care.
Tang Lizhong, police department head: 86-838-5221582, 86-838-5220698, 86-13908106488
Nie Zhongshun, deputy head: 86-838-5223437, 86-838-5302985, 86-13909023815
Xiao Hui, detention center head: 86-838-5320008, 86-838-5233333, 86-13981096153
22. [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Xiuyuan Arrested
Ms. Zhang Xiuyuan was arrested on the morning of August 23, 2010, while taking care of her husband in the Liaoyuan City Hospital. She is currently in the Dongji Police Station.
23. [Miyi City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhou Ying and Ms. Chen Zhuhui Arrested by Yang Zihua from the Domestic Security Division on the Morning of August 24, 2010
24. [Xian City, Shaanxi Province] A Practitioner in Her Fifties Arrested
A practitioner in her fifties was arrested around Panjia Village on the morning of August 18, 2010. The police also illegally took away her handbag.
25. [Chongqing] Additional Information on the Persecution of Three Practitioners Including Ms. Wang Jing
Ms. Wang Jing, 64, a retired worker from the Jinyun Food Factory in the Beibei District, was arrested and taken to the Sanxikou Brainwashing Center.
Ms. Zuo Hui, 40, a lecturer at the Art Department of Southwest University, was arrested and taken to the Sanxikou Brainwashing Center in early August 2010.
Ms. Feng Bingxiang, 70, a retired worker from Southwest University, was arrested and taken to the Sanxikou Brainwashing Center in early August 2010 by plainclothes police.
26. [Nanpi County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhou Junling Arrested, Ms. Chen Yueying Missing
Ms. Zhou Junling was arrested at her workplace on the morning of August 22, 2010. At around 4:00 p.m. that same day, police from Nanpi County broke into Ms. Chen Yueying's home. They ransacked it and confiscated many Dafa materials. Ms. Chen's whereabouts are currently unknown.
27. [Jilin Province] Court Hearing for Ms. Li Chuanlan Held at the Yushu City Court
Collaborating with the 610 Office and the Domestic Security Division in Yushu City, Yushu City Court officials held a hearing for Ms. Li Chuanlan on the afternoon of August 24, 2010.
28. [Weihai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Qi Wufen Arrested
Ms. Qi Wufen from Huancui District was arrested at the Huangguan Residential area on August 24, 2010. She is currently in a detention center.
29. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Kong Yujie Arrested
Tianhe District police broke into Ms. Kong Yujie's home and arrested her on the morning of July 23, 2010. Ms. Li Guanping and Ms. Chen Chunlin were arrested at the same time. They are currently being held in the Tianhe Detention Center.
30. [Yibin City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Guo Hui Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Center by Yibin City 610 Office Agents
Mr. Guo Hui was arrested and taken to the brainwashing center located at the Caiba Senior Care Center on the afternoon of August 19, 2010. Those responsible were agents from the Yibin City 610 Office and officials from the Sanjiang Community.
August 24, 2010