(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioners Mr. Wang Changzheng, Mr. Huang Zhiyong and Ms. Zhu Cuizhu from the Dongxihu District in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, were illegally arrested on the evening of November 23, 2009, as they distributed truth clarification materials in Yuqian Village, Xin'an Du. Cao Bin, head of the Dongxihu 610 Office, ordered more than a dozen plainclothes officers from the Dongxihu District Domestic Security Division to ransack Mr. Huang's home when no one was there. They confiscated a satellite dish, Falun Gong books and other items. Mr. Wang and Mr. Huang were taken to the Dongxihu Detention Center.

While Mr. Huang, in his late 50s, was held in the detention center, eight inmates, working for the guards, beat him for more than three hours.

Officials from the Dongxihu District Procuratorate and the Dongxihu District Public Security Bureau issued official arrest warrants for Mr. Wang and Mr. Huang, but they did not sign them, so as to avoid taking responsibility for their actions.

When Ms. Zhu was arrested, she was taken to the Wuhan No.1 Detention Center in Erzhigou, Wujiashan. Cao Bin then ordered officers to transfer Ms. Zhu to the Etouwan Brainwashing Center on December 9, 2009.

A court trial was held for Mr. Wang and Mr. Huang in the Dongxihu District Court on the morning of May 21, 2010. The two practitioners' families hired lawyers to defend them in court. Tang Liangde was hired by officials from the 610 Office to secretly monitor everyone who attended the court trial. The practitioners were then taken to the Jinghe Detention Center in the Dongxihu District.

Mr. Wang was sentenced to four and a half years in prison, and Mr. Huang was sentenced to three and a half years. Court officials did not give the written verdict to the two practitioners' families.

Ms. Zhu was released from the Etouwan Brainwashing Center on the same day of the trial, after having been detained for more than five months.

Mr. Wang and Mr. Huang appealed against the verdict, and protested their innocence by going on a hunger strike. As a result, they were force-fed food mixed with liquor. The two practitioners were secretly sent to Shayang Prison in early August, 2010.

Those responsible for the persecution:

Chen Shede, deputy head of Dongxihu Political and Judiciary Committee
Cao Bin, head of Dongxihu 610 Office