Additional Persecution News From China - May 10, 2010 (II) (10 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 10 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 10 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 9 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Xiufeng Arrested and Home Ransacked
Ms. Liu Xiufeng was employed at the Justice Office in Yongyang Town. While handing out Shen Yun Performin Arts DVDs to the public on the morning of May 5, 2010, town police arrested her. While in custody, Ms. Liu kept telling the police chief about the facts of the persecution. She later escaped from police detention. More than 20 officers ransacked her home and confiscated a computer, a color printer, an MP3 player, and a cell phone, among others items.
2. [Huanren County, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang Yunsheng Detained Beyond Term
After his detention term expired on April 23, 2010, Mr. Zhang Yunsheng from Huanren County was not released. He is in the Weiningying Forced Labor Camp in Benxi City.
3. [Chongqing] Mr. Chen Kaiyou and Ms. Li Xiaohui Detained
He Shizhong, Dingjia Town Police Station chief, and several other police officers arrested Mr. Chen Kaiyou and Ms. Li Xiaohui from Jianlong Township on April 25, 2010.
4. [Emei, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tong Junfeng Arrested
Emei police arrested Mr. Tong Junfeng from Shengli Town in the Emei Mountains on the afternoon of May 7, 2010. Police also confiscated his computer and printer.
5. [Jiuijiang County, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Zhang Shengneng Arrested in His Office on April 30, 2010
6. [Zhoukou, Henan Province] Ms. Wang Aizhi and Others Sentenced
Ms. Wang Aizhi from Zhoukou City was given an eight-year prison sentence and is temporarily beheld in the Xiangcheng Detention Center. Mr. Feng Zijun was sentenced to four years and is temporarily being held in the Zhoukou Detention Center. Both practitioners are being sent to prisons outside of Zhoukou.
Ms. Liang Mei and Ms. Liu Suqin were also sentenced to prison and are temporarily held in the Shangshui Detention Center. Ms. Fan Xiuzhi and Ms. Xu Shuying ar in detention at Zhoukou. Ms. Tian Suhua is being held in the Xiangcheng Detention Center.
7. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Xing Yanliang Incarcerated in Solitary Confinement in Tailai Prison
8. [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] Police Capture Three Elderly Women
Three elderly women practitioners were arrested in Xianyang City when they distributed flyers on May 6, 2010. Officers from the Wenhui Road Police Station made the arrests and took them to the Taerpo Detention Center in the Weicheng District.
9. [Nanjing, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Ye Lurong and Mr. Yu Chuanping Arrested
Ms. Ye Lurong and Mr. Yu Chuanping, both 45, from the Pokou District were arrested. Participating in the April 28, 2010, capture were officers from Nanjing 610 Office, Pokou District 610 Office agents, and officials from the Taishan Police Station.
10. [Chenzhou, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Chuanling Arrested
Ms. Zhang Chuanling is a Guiyang County practitioner in her 50s. Police arrested her on May 4, 2010. She is being held in the Guiyang Detention Center.
The following persons are responsible for her arrest:
Hu Yunguo, 610 Office section chief: 86-735-4421285, 86-13975533726
Li Wei, domestic security police chief: 86-13574566518