Name: Liu Zhimei (柳志梅)
Gender: Female
Age: 30
Address: Sanqing Village, Tuanwang Town, Laiyang City, Shandong Province
Occupation: Student in Tsinghua University
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 16, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Bailinzhuang Town Police Station (莱阳市柏林庄派出所)
City: Laiyang
Province: Shandong
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, sexual assault, forced injections/drug administration, illegal sentencing, beatings, hung up, imprisonment, interrogation, detention

( Ms. Liu Zhimei was admitted by Tsinghua University with the highest entrance score in Shandong Province. Because she persisted in her practice of Falun Dafa, she was sentenced to 12 years of imprisonment and suffered a mental collapse. The prison administration injected her with unknown drugs before her release in 2008, causing her to suddenly become insane three days after arriving home. Ms. Liu and several local Falun Dafa practitioners who have been taking care of her were arrested in April 2010.

On April 16, 2010, officers from the Bailinzhuang Town Police Station in Laiyang City drove to Ms. Gao Chunhong's rental home in Nanzanjiatuan Village in Bailinzhuang Town. They broke in at 6 a.m. and arrested Ms. Liu Zhimei and the four Falun Dafa practitioners who were taking care of her. They also took their Falun Dafa books, TV, bank books and some cash, as well as a DVD player, cell phone, motorcycle, bike, etc.

On April 18, 2010, Ms. Liu Zhimei was released, and three of the Falun Dafa practitioners who were taking turns taking care of Ms. Liu were released as well. Ms. Gao Chunhong is still detained in the Laiyang City Detention Center.

Ms. Liu Zhimei is mentally very weak. Her condition worsened whenever she was threatened by the authorities, and she has been suffering from repeated relapses. She cannot sleep and shouts loudly, sometimes in a deeper masculine voice, sometimes with a higher feminine voice. She puts her hands up to protect her chest and appears very nervous. Sometimes she beats people or even scratches to injure people so violently that four to five people cannot hold her down. Each time she is threatened, it takes up to a few months for her to calm down.

Falun Dafa practitioners who have been taking care of her have endured so much. Before this arrest, Ms. Liu had recovered to a relatively stable state, but this arrest sent her into a state of shock. She was vulnerable when police interrogated her late at night. Currently, her situation is very bad.

On April 19, 2010, Ms. Gao Chunhong's family went to request her release, but the officers refused to let them see her and asked her family sign a detention paper and pay a fee. Her family was very angry. When Ms. Liu broke down mentally, her father and brother neglected her. Ms. Gao unselfishly cared for her and took her in to help her recover, but she is now being brutally mistreated in detention.

Related report: