(Clearwisdom.net) Because of her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, a young female teacher was arrested in November 1999 and is serving a prison sentence of 13 years. Her husband became homeless and destitute after serving four years in prison and her mother has been in a forced labor camp for two years. Her brother and sister-in-law have been sentenced to two and a half years and two years of forced labor respectively.

Unjust 13-Year Prison Sentence

Ms. Zhu Yuhong was born in 1975 and was a teacher at Jiafu Primary School in Guangzhou City in Guangdong Province, as well as the person in charge at the Huanan Agricultural College Assistant Center. She was one of those charged in the first group arrest and heavy sentencing of Falun Gong practitioners in Guangzhou in November 1999. Because she refused to supply any information to the police or betray her belief, Ms. Zhu was sentenced to 13 years. She is currently being detained in the Guangdong Province Women's Prison.

In November 1999, a truth-clarification materials production site at Huanan Agricultural College was destroyed and 16 Falun Gong practitioners were arrested by police from the Tianhe District 610 Office and Wushan Police Station in Tianhe District. Ten practitioners were sentenced to anywhere from three to 13 years. Six practitioners were sent to a forced labor camp. Most of these practitioners were students, such as Zhu Dezhi, who was sentenced to 11 years.

Zhu Yuhong graduated from a performing arts school and is a skilled vocalist and dancer. She was an outstanding language teacher and was only 24 years old at the time of her arrest. She was detained at Tianhe District Detention Center for the first three years after her arrest, before she was transferred to Guangdong Province Women's Prison in 2003. Because Zhu Yuhong told people in the detention center about Falun Gong and exposed the lies set forth by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), she was put in foot shackles, beaten and locked up in a small cell until her buttocks festered with sores. The guards refused to give her treatment. Only when maggots began to crawl on her body did they release her.

On New Year's Eve in 2002 , Zhu Yuhong and several other practitioners were practicing the Falun Gong exercises together. Police Station manager Zhu Yongwen and a guard with the last name of Zheng locked them up in confinement and instigated other prisoners to mercilessly torture Ms. Zhu. When she learned that she was given a sentence of 13 years for practicing Falun Gong, she ran out of the cell and went to the guard's office to appeal. She was charged with escaping, however, and tortured with "thread needle and shackles." She was forced to remain on the ground. She could not eat, sleep or go to the toilet by herself and suffered enormous physical and mental torment. Moreover, police refused her family visits and refused to answer any inquiry from her family members regarding her well-being.

Husband Sentenced to Four Years and Remains Destitute

Mr. Shi Huiwen, Zhu Yuhong's husband, was born in 1970 and was a graduate of Huanan University of Science and Technology. He was an outstanding engineer for Guangdong Province Steel and Iron Research Institute. Mr. Shi was sentenced to four years in January 2003 and taken to Shaoguan Beijiang Prison.

While detained in Tianhe District Detention Center, guards forced Shi Huiwen to sit by a pond for two months, and "reconsider his crimes." In Shaoguan Beijiang Prison, Deputy Warden Zhu Jianping led a team of officers to attack Mr. Shi. He was subjected to sleep deprivation for over a month.

After four years in prison, Shi Huiwen returned to his former workplace. However, Tianhe District 610 Office agents did not stop tormenting him. Tianhe security officers secretly instructed the network officer at Mr. Shi's workplace to change his IP to a fixed IP, so they could monitor his Internet activities.

In the afternoon of April 11, 2007, the Tianhe District 610 Office in Guangzhou City again initiated a mass arrest of local Falun Gong practitioners. Practitioners Xu Juhua and married couple Lin Jianping and Hu Wenjin were arrested, while Shi Huiwen, who was not at his workplace at the time, escaped arrest. At that time, police officers from the Guangzhou Police Station colluded with the Zengcheng Police Station and forcefully broke into Mr. Shi's workplace dormitory. They stole his computer, a removable disc, a USB cable and other personal items.

Mother and Brother Suffer Brutal Persecution

On November 22, 2004, at approximately 10:30 a.m., policeman Ruan Peihong from the Chigang Police Station and residential committee staff member Wei Hongqing, in the name of "fire prevention," entered the Flying Tiger Window Blind Shop on West Yiyuan Road. The officers claimed that they needed to use the restroom, but instead climbed up the wooden ladder and entered the shop. They saw Liu Huaiying, Zhu Yuhong's mother, and shop owner Xie Wenrui's mother-in-law reading a Falun Dafa book. They abruptly snatched the book from Ms. Liu's hands. She fell down the stairs and then ran to the street.

The police chased her down the street and arrested her. They also arrested Zhu Rencheng, the shop owner's husband and Zhu Yuhong's brother. The police ransacked the shop without a search warrant. They stole a computer, printer, laminated paper and other personal belongings.

Xie Wenrui, Zhu Yuhong's sister-in-law, was by then the only adult left in the family. It was a cold winter, and she had only given birth two months prior, when she was forced to close the shop. Her finances were limited and she still had to take care of her baby. She continued to wonder where her mother-in-law and her husband were and if they were okay. After a long time, she finally heard that her mother-in-law and husband had been sentenced to two years and two and a half years of forced labor respectively. Liu Huaiying was taken to Guangzhou City Chatou Forced Labor Camp, and Zhu Rencheng was taken to Brigade No. 3 at the Guangzhou City No. 1 Forced Labor Camp.

Liu Huaiying continues to practices Falun Dafa at the camp. She is often punished by chief Lu, who forces her to sit naked on a small stool for long periods of time. He beats her with electric batons until she loses consciousness, and then pours cold water on her. Sometimes she is forced to stand for a long time and subjected to sleep deprivation. The police officers also incite inmates charged with drug offenses to often curse and beat Ms. Liu. In the "strict discipline" room, where many Falun Gong practitioners are detained and where she had been held for some time, windows are sealed up with newspaper and no contact with others is allowed. Practitioners held in this room are not allowed to shower and toilet use is significantly limited. Only brief family visits are allowed and the purchase of daily items are restricted. Practitioners are monitored by two prisoners each and cannot exercise any personal freedom. Broadcasts of propaganda slandering Falun Gong are played loudly and almost continuously in the discipline room to brainwash practitioners.

Ms. Liu Huaiying, over 60 years old, was denied family visits for a long time. Only after family members filed formal complaints was Ms. Liu allowed to meet with her family. She shed tears as she talked about her experience in the camp, how police often beat people and how they tortured her until she fainted, pouring cold water on her to wake her up. She talked about how the camp officials used every brutal method to persecute detained Falun Gong practitioners, forcing female practitioners to sit naked on a small stool and torturing them with electric batons. It is well-known that practitioners' bodies have countless scars from torture.

Xie Wenrui, Zhu Yuhong's sister-in-law, once served two years of forced labor. In addition, because Zhu Yuhong's uncle persisted in practicing Falun Gong, he suffered maltreatment and passed away. Zhu Yuhong's uncle was a Guangdong Provincial government official, over 60 years old. He received many benefits from practicing Falun Gong, and many of his illnesses disappeared without treatment.

Written on January 20, 2010