Name: Qin Yongjie (秦永杰)
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Teacher

Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 25, 2010
Recent Place of Detention: Weifang Detention Center (潍坊看守所)

City: Weifang
Persecution Suffered:
Sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, solitary confinement, torture, force-feedings, physical restraint, home ransacked, detention
Key Persecutors: Gu Zhiyong, Wang Kexiang

( On the afternoon of September 25, 2010, Mr. Qin Yongjie, a teacher in the Physics Department of Weifang University in Shandong Province, was arrested on his way to work. He was taken to the Weifang Detention Center. The police took keys from his pockets and conducted an unlawful search of his home, confiscating a picture of the founder of Falun Gong and a set of Falun Dafa books.

Mr. Qin was born in 1963. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. He has won praise from colleagues and neighbors for his sincerity, kindness, generosity, and responsibility by following the principle of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance. Since the suppression of Falun Gong began in 1999, the Chinese Communist regime has not allowed this kindhearted university teacher to live in peace and has repeatedly arrested and detained him, ransacked his home, and taken him to forced labor camps.

The following is some of what Mr. Qin has endured in the past 11 years.

After July 20, 1999, Mr. Qin went to Beijing several times to appeal for Falun Gong. The authorities beat, detained, and arrested him many times, refusing to listen to his appeals. On one such trip to Beijing, he was arrested and unlawfully held in the Weifang Liaison Office in Beijing. A police officer beat him so brutally that he was unrecognizable.

In April 2000, the police in Weifang took Mr. Qin to the Weifang Forced Labor Camp (also known as Changle Forced Labor Camp), where he was diagnosed with chronic hepatitis. He was subsequently released for medical reasons.

In July 2000, while Mr. Qin was visiting a fellow practitioner, Gu Zhiyong, a police officer then working in the Kuiwen District of Weifang City and other officers arrested him. Mr. Qin was once again taken to Weifang Forced Labor Camp to serve a three-year term simply for visiting a fellow practitioner. Four months later he was transferred to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province. In March or April 2001, he was transferred back to Weifang Forced Labor Camp.

In both labor camps, as soon as he arrived, the guards locked him up and handcuffed him around the clock. He had to eat, sleep, use the bathroom, and change clothes while in handcuffs, and did so for 141 days straight.

In Weifang Forced Labor Camp, he was imprisoned in a tiny room measuring four square meters (about 36 square feet). Every day he was handcuffed against the metal door and forced to half-stand. He was tortured like this for 79 days. The extended standing caused his lower body to swell so much that he could hardly wear shoes. The first ten days, he was deprived of sleep. As soon as he closed his eyes, he was beaten and cursed. On the tenth day, he protested the brutality of the torture and demanded to be allowed to sleep. His demand was met with even more brutal treatment. The guards in Weifang Forced Labor Camp took him into a room where a dozen guards, each with an electric baton, yelled at him, laughed boisterously, and attacked him from every direction. This torture lasted for the entire morning. For two years afterwards Mr. Qin still bore the scars left behind from the barbarous electric shocks. In the face of extended persecution, Mr. Qin held a hunger strike for 74 days, during which the guards further tortured him with brutal forced feedings.

On the evening of March 5, 2005, Mr. Qin's wife, Chen Ruiyun, was arrested while clarifying the truth. On the afternoon of March 6, with keys confiscated from Ms. Chen's pocket, the authorities broke into their home. Without a search warrant, they took Mr. Qin's computer, printer, VCD player, a picture of Falun Gong's founder, and Falun Dafa books and audiotapes. They used violence to take Mr. Qin into custody. His son, who was only 16 years old and still in high school, witnessed the arrest. He was traumatized by the arrest of his innocent parents and the ransacking of his home.

At around 10:00 a.m. on September 10, 2007, officers from the Changle County Police Department arrested Mr. Qin while he was at work in Weifang University. He was held at the Changle Detention Center for a month. The police again took him to the Weifang Detention Center on September 25, 2010.

Individuals responsible for the recent persecution:

Official who ordered Mr. Qin's recent arrest: 86-536-8055678
Gu Zhiyong: 86-536-8878680
Weifang Detention Center: 86-536-8911161
Wang Kexiang, director of the Weifang Detention Center

Related report:

October 14, 2010