Name: Jiang Guobo (姜国波)
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Address: Kuiwen District, Weifang City, Shandong Province
Occupation: County government official
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 27, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Changle Forced Labor Camp, Weifan City (潍坊昌乐劳教所)
City: Weifang
Province: Shandong
Persecution Suffered: Interrogations, stripped naked, soaked in freezing water, water sprayed up nose, sleep deprivation, forced feeding, death bed torture

Key Persecutors: Xu Lihua (徐立华)

( (By a correspondent in Shandong Province) Mr. Jiang Guobo, a Dafa practitioner in Kuiwen District, Weifang City, Shandong Province, was illegally sentenced to five years in prison in December, 2009. He has been illegally detained for ten months since his arrest on February 27, 2009.

His family was not notified when the Kuiwen County District Court conducted a secret trial on November 16, 2009, and then again in mid-December. He was sentenced to five years in prison. Mr. Jiang is appealing.

Mr. Jiang Guobo was born in Weihai City, Shandong Province in March 1963. After college, he held a deputy county official position and became a member of the city's political and judicial committee. He was highly rated in his annual performance review. In the few years after he became a practitioner, he maintained an honest and upright position in his job as the inspector of the city's political and judicial system. In 1999, he donated a significant amount of his income to support people in the disastrous flood in the cities of Zhucheng and Gaomi. During this period, he took office in Qingzhou City. He drilled wells, repaired roads for the villagers and was highly regarded by the villagers. They welcomed him with firecrackers whenever he went to the villages.

Mr. Jiang was such a model official and was well respected and admired. He lost his job after he was twice held in Changele Forced Labor Camp in Weifang City, in November 2000 and on November 2, 2005. In the cold and freezing winter of 2000, eight guards stripped him naked, threw him in the water with hands and feet tied, and held his head under water. They also tortured him by spraying water up his nose for as long as thirty minutes. In 2005, Xu Lihua, director of Changle Forced Labor Camp, instigated the criminals to mix drugs into his food, which caused dizziness and an irregular heartbeat.

On February 27, 2009, at 9:00 a.m., agents from Weifang City National Security Bureau and the Weifang Public Security Bureau National Security Brigade arrested Mr. Jiang while he was at work. Four plainclothes agents, whose faces were covered, placed a black bag over Mr. Jiang's head and forced him into a car, and then took him to the Changle Detention Center. They would not answer any questions or allow visitation. Mr. Jiang's wife was arrested the same day.

In March 2009, the agents in Weifang city circulated news that Mr. Jiang had been released. The misinformation was intended to keep people from focusing on the case and to cover up the persecution. For the first three months of his detention, Mr. Jiang was incessantly interrogated by ten agents from the Weifang Public Security Bureau. They took turns interrogating him and subjected him to sleep deprivation.

In April 2009, Mr. Jiang began a hunger strike to protest the persecution. He lost a lot of weight. In May, the Weifang City Procuratorate began criminal prosecution proceedings against Mr. Jiang while he continued the hunger strike and became very weak. The guards at the detention center brutally force-fed Mr. Jiang through his nose. Many practitioners have lost their lives as a result of this force-feeding method.

The guards at the detention center put Mr. Jiang through the death bed torture. The guards ordered seven convicted criminals to tie Mr. Jiang's hands and legs on the death bed and carry out the brutal force-feeding. They continued the torture until Jiang vomited blood.

By June 2009, the persecution had made Mr. Jiang so weak that he could no longer eat and was in very poor health. His hair had turned white due to the cruel treatment and the hunger strike. He displayed symptoms of liver disease, and had developed high blood pressure, and the guards administered a hepatitis B vaccine. No matter how severe the persecution however, Mr. Jiang would not compromise his strong belief in Falun Gong.

Mr. Jiang has been sentenced to five years in prison. We urge people of conscience around the world to lend a helping hand to rescue Mr. Jiang and all the practitioners who are being persecuted, and to uphold justice for all.

People involved in the persecution:
Xie Weijun, secretary of Weifang City Political and Judicial Committee
Chen Xiangxin, captain of National Security Brigade of Kuiwen District Weifang Public Security Bureau: 86-536-8878511 (Office), 86-536-8878758 (Home), 86-13606361360 (Cell)
Zhou Guosheng, director of Kuiwen District Public Security Bureau, Weifang City
Gu Zhiyong, officer from National Security Brigade of Kuiwen District Weifang Public Security Bureau: 86-536-8878680 (Office), 86-13563667175 (Cell)
Huang Weiliang, director of Public Security Bureau, Weifang City: 86-536-8783707 (Office), 86-536-8789366 (Home)
Xu Lihua, director of Changle Forced Labor Camp Office: 86-536-6232011 (Office), 86-536-8585616 (Home), 86-13706466899 (Cell)
Wang Weidong, chief of Weifang City Procuratorate
Kuiwen District Court, Wekfang City: 86-536-8529811, 8529878, 8529848
Criminal Court: 86-536- 8529858, presiding judge Li Xiaoying: 86-536-8529821

Written on December 30, 2009