Additional Persecution News from China - January 30, 2009 (9 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 7 cities or counties in 6 provinces. In this report, 17 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 3 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Shanghai] Dong Wenqin Detained in a Forced Labor Camp
- [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Zhao Baokun Detained in a Forced Labor Camp
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Chen Xiumei Taken to the Hebei Province Women's Forced Labor Camp
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wang Lezhen Detained in Prison
- [Shantou City, Guangdong Province] Xu Chuiliang, Xu Wan Lan and Other Practitioners Transferred to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp
- [Huangmei County, Hubei Province] Wu Liya and Cai Daidi Illegally Arrested
- [Sichuan Province] Chengdu Supreme Court Creates Obstacles for Attorney Representing Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Guangze County, Fujian Province] Additional Information Regarding Persecution of Huang Jianhua and Others
- [Beijing] Officials from the Yuquanying Police Station Incarcerate Yu Juhong
1. [Shanghai] Dong Wenqin Detained in a Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Dong Wenqin was illegally arrested on December 9, 2008 by officers from the Zhoujiaqiao Police Station in Changning District, when she was handing out truth clarifying materials about Falun Dafa and the persecution in Changning District. She was taken to a forced labor camp in January 2009.
Wang Jue is from the Political Security Office, Changning District Public
Sub-bureau, Shanghai: 86-130 61996102
Police officers of the Zhoujiaqiao Police Station, who participated in this action: Cell 86-138 019 01010
2. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Zhao Baokun Detained in a Forced Labor Camp
When Mr. Zhao Baokun from the Zhifu District, Yantai City was validating Dafa on the evening of November 12, 2008, he was arrested at Dongchujia Town, Laishan District, and taken to the Nanjiao Detention Center the following day. They detained him for 15 days and then sent him to a forced labor camp.
3. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Chen Xiumei Taken to the Hebei Province Women's Forced Labor Camp
On January 8, 2009, practitioner Ms. Chen Xiumei from Baoding City clarified the facts in Jingxiu park, and was arrested by plainclothes police officers. They took her to the Jingxiu Park Police Station and then sent her to the Baoding City Detention Center that same night. Seven days later, Chen Xiumei was taken to the Hebei Province Forced Labor Camp for Women, where she was further physically abused.
Baoding City's Detention Center extorted 350 yuan from Chen's family
Telephone of the Baoding City's Detention Center: 86-312-5033472
Pang Haijun, manager of the Jingxiu Park Police Station: 86-13931280998, 86-13333128238
Wang Hongxin, assistant manager: 86-13932251511
4. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wang Lezhen Detained in Prison
Ms. Wang Lezhen, a practitioner from Wuhan City, lives in the Nanhu Building Area in Wuchang. Around January 25, 2009, she was secretly put on trial and sentenced to a three-year prison term. She is now being held at the Dongxihu Area No. 1 Detention Center.
5. [Shantou City, Guangdong Province] Xu Chuiliang, Xu Wan Lan and Other Practitioners Transferred to Sanshui Forced Labor Camp
Shantou City practitioners Mr. Xu Chuiliang, Ms. Xu Wan Lan, Ms. Wu Feizhen, Mr. Zheng Minghui, and others were transferred from the Tuopu Detention Center in Shantou City to the Guangdong Province Sanshui Forced Labor Camp before January 25, 2009. Ms. Luo Lijun and Ms. Huang Meiyun are still being held at the Tuopu Detention Center.
6. [Huangmei County, Hubei Province] Wu Liya and Cai Daidi Illegally Arrested
On the evening of January 27, 2009, practitioners Ms. Wu Liya and Ms. Cai Daidi from Huangmei County handed out Dafa informational materials at Baihu, Zhuogang Town. They were arrested by officers from Zhuogang Town's Police Station, and they are now detained at the Huangmei County Detention Center.
7. [Sichuan Province] Chengdu Supreme Court Creates Obstacles for Attorney Representing Falun Dafa Practitioners
Ms. Zhong Fangqiong from Chengdu and ten other practitioners were heavily sentenced to terms of between three and seven years by the Wuhou Court in Chengdu City in October 2008. Judicial and public security departments are creating obstacles for attorneys who represent Falun Dafa practitioners.
On January 21, an attorney went to meet with the presiding judge, Lin Qiao, and to photocopy case files at the Chengdu Supreme Court. However, Lin Qiao only allowed him to photocopy information related to his client, and claimed that attorneys were not allowed to photocopy hearing records. The attorney expressed that this violated legal regulations. He repeatedly requested from the judge that he be allowed to photocopy hearing records, and handed in written applications to this effect. However, Lin Qiao still refused to let him copy the hearing records. The attorney has appealed to the chief justice and the disciplinary inspection department.
8. [Guangze County, Fujian Province] Additional Information Regarding Persecution of Huang Jianhua and Others
On August 3, 2005, Mr. Huang Jianhua, Ms. Chen Hua, Ms. Mao Donglan, Ms. Wu Xiuyu, Ms. Wang Dongxiang, and Ms. Liu Shirong from Guangze County drove around and handed out information materials. When they were discovered by police officers, they were taken to the Jianyang City Detention Center in Fujian Province.
Huang Jianhua was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment, Mao Donglan to two years, and Liu Shirong to two and a half years. Chen Hua, Wu Xiuyu, and Wang Dongxiang received suspended sentences.
9. [Beijing] Officials from the Yuquanying Police Station Incarcerate Practitioner Yu Juhong
On January 14, 2009, police officers from the Yuquanying Police Station in Beijing incarcerated Ms. Yu Juhong from Fengtai District and ransacked her home. Yu Juhong is now being detained at cell 2, Prison District 4 of Fengtai District.
On January 16, when Yu Juhong's family learned about her incarceration, they rushed to Beijing to hire an attorney, but they were also arrested and interrogated for twelve hours. They were handcuffed for one night before they were released. The police also threatened her family not to come to Beijing again.
During the Chinese New Year, Yu Juhong was still detained and can't care for her 18-month-old baby.
Telephone of the Yuquanying Police Station: 86-10-83608825