Additional Persecution News from China - October 26, 2009 (24 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 15 cities or counties in 10 provinces. In this report, at least 39 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 44 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Zhao Shujuan Subjected to Force-feeding at the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center in Lanzhou City
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Xia Biyi Becomes Homeless
- [Beijing] Two Practitioners Arrested
- [Shouguang, Shandong Province] Ms. Hu Yunjin Subjected to Forced Labor
- [Changchun, Jilin Province] Ms. Jiang Yufan Subjected to Unlawful Forced Labor
- [Chongqing] The Persecution of Ms. Liu Guiying and Ms. Yu Hong
- [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Five Practitioners Illegally Arrested
- [Liaoning Province] Mr. Qiao Kefu and Others Subjected to Forced Labor
- [Wuhan, Hubei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Zhou Liyu and Others at the Mahu Brainwashing Center
- [Chongqing] Ms. She Junping Arrested
- [Weifang, Shandong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Li Xiuzhen
- [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Ms. Song Jinxian Harassed
- [Yunnan Province] Ms. Liang Qingfu Arrested
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Shuyuan, in Her 70s, Has Not Returned Home Since the Evening of October 24, 2009
- [Jilin Province] The Persecution of Practitioners at the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp
- [Zouping County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Tinglin and Others Subjected to Forced Labor
- [Xishui County, Hubei Province] Ms. Wan Jieying Arrested
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Ping and Ms. Fan Chunjie Arrested and Detained
- [Changchun, Jilin Province] The Persecution of Ms. Yu Xiuping and Ms. Zhao Li
- [Xishui County, Hubei Province] Two Practitioners from Lanxi Town Arrested
- [Changsha, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Lihui Arrested and Sent to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City
- [Jiangmen, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Jianhua Held at the Jiangmen Detention Center
- [Tai'an, Shandong Province] Follow-up Report on Five Arrested Practitioners
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Mr. Luo Guolong Held at the Shenbei New District Detention Center
1. [Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Zhao Shujuan Subjected to Force-feeding at the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center in Lanzhou City
Ms. Zhao Shujuan from Kelamayi, Xinjiang Autonomous Region, was carried into the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center in Lanzhou City on October 16, 2009.
Practitioners that have been illegally detained at the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center as of October 25, 2009, include: Ms. Hou Yanqing, Ms. Chen Guifang, Ms. Zhao Tinger, Ms. Du Wenhui, Ms. Su Jinxiu, Ms. Zhao Yingzhe, Ms. Zhang Xiaomei, and Ms. Zhao Shujuan. Mr. Niu Wanjiang returned home with strong righteous thoughts on October 16, 2009.
2. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Xia Biyi Becomes Homeless
Ms. Xia Biyi from the Xidu District in Chengdu City has remained steadfast in her belief in Falun Dafa. Local 610 Office agents and domestic security division officers attempted to arrest her. She escaped with righteous thoughts and stayed away from home to avoid the persecution.
Wang Shimu, who participated in the persecution of Ms. Xia: 86-13688044018
3. [Beijing] Two Practitioners Arrested
Huairou Domestic Security Division 610 Office agent Li Xiaogang and others instructed neighborhood police to conduct arbitrary arrests of Falun Gong practitioners. They arrested two practitioners, including Ms. Cai Jingxiang in her 40s, who worked at the Nanhua Community in Huairou County in July. Ms. Cai has been sent to the Beijing Forced Labor Camp with a two-year sentence. She was subjected to abuses at the Intensive Training Team. The identity or whereabouts of the other practitioner remain unknown.
4. [Shouguang, Shandong Province] Ms. Hu Yunjin Subjected to Forced Labor
Shouguang Police Department officers took Ms. Hu Yunjin into custody ten months ago. She has been sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for a one-year term.
5. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Ms. Jiang Yufan Subjected to Unlawful Forced Labor
Ms. Jiang Yufan was arrested on September 22, 2009, and was sentenced to one year of forced labor.
6. [Chongqing] The Persecution of Ms. Liu Guiying and Ms. Yu Hong
Ms. Liu Guiying from the Shapingba District was confined in a brainwashing center for three months. She returned home around September 20, 2009.
Ms. Yu Hong, 45, is an associate researcher at a university library. She was reported when she was distributing materials about Falun Gong and the persecution during July 2009 in Qijiang County. Qijiang County Police Department Domestic Security Division agents held her in custody for a month. Her family was denied visits to her during that time. Ms. Yu was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor and is now in Shaobao Women's Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing.
7. [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Five Practitioners Illegally Arrested
Five practitioners, including Ms. Zhai Shuping and Mr. Zhang Chen, from the Xiangfang District distributed Falun Gong materials on the evening of October 24, 2009, in Yongyuan Town, the Daowai District. Yongyuan Police Station officers arrested them. Mr. Zhang and another practitioner are being held at the Daowai Police Department. Three women practitioners, including Ms. Zhai, are being held in the No. s2 Detention Center.
8. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Qiao Kefu and Others Subjected to Forced Labor
Mr. Qiao Kefu, Ms. Zhu Xuemin, and Mr. Ren Changxue were each subjected to one and a half years of forced labor. They are in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City.
Ms. Jin Baochun, Ms. Wang Guilan, Mr. Huang Peidong, and Mr. Xia Hailong are still in the Nangou Detention Center in Fushun City.
9. [Wuhan, Hubei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Zhou Liyu and Others at the Mahu Brainwashing Center
Ms. Zhou Liyu was arrested from work in the Hongshan District Chinese Medicine Hospital over a month ago. Her whereabouts remained unknown until recently. It was learned that she is incarcerated in the Mahu Brainwashing Center, and more than a dozen other practitioners are also being held there.
10. [Chongqing] Ms. She Junping Arrested
Ms. She Junping, 55, is retired from the Chongqing Chemical Factory. She was arrested around 10:00 a.m. on September 30, 2009. Banan District 610 Office agents and five plainclothes officers from the Tuqiao Police Station participated in the arrest. They took two computers, Falun Dafa books, a hand phone, and other items. She is being held at the Yudong Detention Center in the Banan District.
11. [Weifang, Shandong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Li Xiuzhen
Ms. Li Xiuzhen was doing housework at her home at 3:30 p.m. on October 16, 2009, when five officers from the Fangzi District Domestic Security Division and local police station broke in and took her into custody. They took a copy of Zhuan Falun, five other Falun Dafa books, a mini recorder, several cassette tapes of exercise music, and a plastic bag containing a copy of Minghui Weekly. The police extorted 5,000 yuan from her family before releasing her at noon the next day.
12. [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Ms. Song Jinxian Harassed
The Hongshi Town head led the local police chief and two officers to ransack Ms. Song Jinxian's home in Baishan Town at 2:50 a.m. on October 8, 2009. They did not find anything they wanted and attempted to take Ms. Song away. In desperation she jumped down from a second floor window. She sustained a comminuted fracture of one foot and a fracture dislocation of the other foot.
13. [Yunnan Province] Ms. Liang Qingfu Arrested
Self-employed Ms. Liang Qingfu is in her 40s and lives in the Wuhua District, Kunming City. She was arrested on a train from Kunming to Sichuan between October 13 and 15, 2009. She was taken back to Kunming and her home was ransacked. Her whereabouts remains unknown.
14. [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Shuyuan, in Her 70s, Has Not Returned Home Since the Evening of October 24, 2009
15. [Jilin Province] The Persecution of Practitioners at the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Wu Lianguang from Qianguo County was arrested and sent to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp on October 22, 2009. Fifty-six-year-old Mr. Xiang Lianjie was from Lushuihe Town, Fusong, Baishan City. He is kept under strict supervision at the No.1 Division. Mr. Jiang Yongsheng, a teacher at the Sanjingzi Town High School in Fuyu County, is being closely monitored in the Kaifang Division.
16. [Zouping County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Tinglin and Others Subjected to Forced Labor
Mr. Zhang Tinglin, 64, is a retired senior teacher. Zouping County State Security Bureau agents illegally arrested him at his home on September 22, 2009. He was subjected to one year of forced labor on October 21 and sent to the Shandong Province No. 2 Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Wu Zheng and Mr. Chen Lin were each subjected to three years of forced labor.
17. [Xishui County, Hubei Province] Ms. Wan Jieying Arrested
Five officers from the Xima Town Police Station and the town's comprehensive office broke into Ms. Wan Jieying's home in Wandangpu Village on the morning of October 9, 2009. They took Ms. Wan into custody, leaving her husband, who had just recovered from a serious illness, alone at home. The police also took Falun Dafa books, a TV set, a DVD player, and other personal belongings. Ms. Wan was subjected to a two-week administrative detention and is held at the Xishui County Detention Center.
Xima Police Station: 86-713-4881026
Xima Town Comprehensive Office: 86-713-4881003
Huang Haijun, deputy head in charge of the persecution of Falun Gong: 86-713-4226298, 86-713-8900600, 86-13907252201
18. [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Ping and Ms. Fan Chunjie Arrested and Detained
Ms. Wang Ping and Ms. Fan Chunjie, both 55, went to distribute Falun Gong informational materials in Zhencaigangzi Village, Ciensi Township, Faku County, around 10:00 p.m. on October 24, 2009. A villager reported them to the police. Five officers from the Ciensi Township Police Station took them into custody.
Three people, including Ciensi Town Police Station chief Yu Bo and Zhang Shoujiang from the Faku County Domestic Security Division, went to ransack the homes of Ms. Wang and Ms. Fan on October 25. They took Falun Dafa books, some photos, copies of Minghui Weekly, and other items from Ms. Fan's home. The police transferred the two practitioners to the Zaohua Detention Center on the afternoon of October 25 to illegally detain them for a month.
Zhang Shoujiang, Faku County Domestic Security Division: 86-24-87123736 (Office), 86-24-87120405 (Home), 86-13940162114 (Cell)
19. [Changchun, Jilin Province] The Persecution of Ms. Yu Xiuping and Ms. Zhao Li
Seven officers from the Liuying Street Police Station in the Kuancheng District broke into Ms. Yu Xiuping's home around 7:00 a.m. on September 21, 2009. They arrested Ms. Yu and Ms. Zhao Li, who had come to visit Ms. Yu, and took them to the Liuying Street Police Station. They also took Falun Dafa books. The two practitioners were first held at the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp and then transferred to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp to be held for a year. Another elderly practitioner, Ms. Jiang, was also arrested at the same time.
20. [Xishui County, Hubei Province] Two Practitioners from Lanxi Town Arrested
Lanxi Town Police Station Chief Chen Shen and five officers arrested Ms. Wang Boneng, in her 60s, and Ms. Li, in her 40s, on October 20, 2009. Another practitioner escaped.
21. [Changsha, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Lihui Arrested and Sent to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City
Ms. Zhang Lihui had just returned home from an illegal detention over a month ago. She was arrested again and sent to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City. She is currently on a hunger strike to protest the persecution.
22. [Jiangmen, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Jianhua Held at the Jiangmen Detention Center
Agents from the Pengjiang Police Department, Domestic Security Division, and the 610 Office transferred 35-year-old Mr. Chen Jianhua from the Xincheng Police Station to the Jiangmen Detention Center at 7:00 a.m. on October 16, 2009. Mr. Chen's 70-year-old father, Chen Yixin, went to the detention center to try to see his son and ask for his release at 10:30 a.m. on October 18. The detention center guard refused to let him visit. Shortly after Mr. Chen's family returned home from the detention center, three unidentified men broke into Mr. Chen's home to harass his family.
23. [Tai'an, Shandong Province] Follow-up Report on Five Arrested Practitioners
It was reported that five practitioners--including Ms. Yang Guixiang, Ms. Liu Guiying, Ms. An Guiying, Ms. Zhao Ailian, and Ms. Xiu Li--from Anjiazhuang Town, Feicheng County, were arrested in Dongping County, where they were held for about two weeks at the Dongping County Detention Center. They were then transferred to the Jinan Women's Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Liu and Ms. Xiu returned home after having failed the labor camp's physical exam. Ms. Yang, Ms. Zhao, and Ms. An were subjected to one and a half years of forced labor. Their families are not allowed to visit them.
Ms. Liu and Ms. Xiu, who had only returned home a couple days before, were sent to the Binzhou Brainwashing Center for a month. They each had 10,000 yuan extorted from them for "tuition fees." The personnel at the brainwashing center are not allowing their families to visit them.
24. [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Mr. Luo Guolong Held at the Shenbei New District Detention Center
Mr. Luo Guolong from the Shenbei New District was reported while he was telling people about Falun Gong and the persecution at Shierjiazi Village in the Shenbei New District on October 24, 2009. The police ransacked his home at 8:00 p.m. the same day and took two books and a DVD disc. He is now in the Shenbei New District Detention Center.
October 25, 2009