(Clearwisdom.net) The Yunnan No. 2 Women's Prison is a place that detains felons and Falun Dafa practitioners. The practitioners are treated more harshly than the felons. As soon as the practitioners arrive, they are immediately locked in small cells in the No. 1 Building. They are not allowed to step out of their cells except for using the restroom, which is limited to three times a day. Because of this, many practitioners suffer from constipation, bladder infections, and irregular periods.

In the first few months, the police forced each practitioner to write the three statements to renounce Falun Gong and forced those who refused to sit on a small stool for extended periods of time. The police arranged for two criminals to monitor each Dafa practitioner. If a practitioner moved, these criminals would punch her or poke her arm and back with a needle. Liao Liqing, a practitioner from Chuxiong, was beaten by a criminal named Yang Zaixian and then poked with a needle. Liao Liqing protested against this severe abuse and was put into solitary confinement. She could not walk after the persecution she suffered.

Many practitioners were forced to sit on a small stool for 15 straight hours with no movement allowed. Many practitioners' buttocks became ulcerated and festered. The blood and skin was stuck to both their pants and the stool. The guards refused to allow Fang Shimei, a practitioner from Wenshan, to buy daily necessities since she did not write the three statements. Criminal Wang Liqiong bought some necessities for Fang Shimei, and when the police found out about it, they locked Wang in solitary confinement.

After the torture of sitting for extended periods of time on small stools until their buttocks bled and festered, the practitioners were told again to renounce Falun Gong. If they refused, the guards then handcuffed their hands to the iron window frame or made them stand in the same position for long periods of time. Practitioner Zhou Bolian was forced to stand for three days and nights until he fainted and fell to the floor. He was later sent to the confinement cell. Fang Shimei was put in confinement for one year, but still she insisted on doing the Falun Gong exercises. The guards then put some drugs in her food and she became mentally disoriented and slow. In the end, the police informed her family to bail her out for medical treatment at home.

Almost every room in the No. 1 and No. 2 Buildings in the Women's No. 2 Prison detains a Dafa practitioner who is suffering severe persecution.