Ms. Zhao Fengying, who was 60 years old, was a retired employee from the Panzhihua City Power Bureau in Sichuan Province. In November and December 1999, she went to Beijing twice to appeal to the government on behalf of Falun Gong. On November 19, 1999, she went to appeal to the government again and she arrested and taken back to Panzhihua City by people from the Panzhihua City Beijing Liaison Office. She was detained at the Renhe District Detention Center. In order to protest her illegal detention, she went on a hunger strike.

On the third day of her hunger strike, under the orders of Liu Guichuan and Zhang Hongtai, guard Cui Fuli and six military police officers tortures her. He had two of them hold her arms down, and another two her legs. One held her head, and another person pushed her against the back of the chair firmly. Then they brutally force-fed her. On the fifth day, Chinese Communist Party officials did the same thing, ordering five to six military police officers to take Ms. Zhao to Renhe Hospital. They tied her limbs to a bed and had police officers stand by the entrance to her cell as they injected her with unknown drugs.

On the seventh day, when Ms. Zhao was taken to Panzhihua City for further torture, Hu Xiaochun said that Ms. Zhao was wearing a wig. Hu called over a few drug addict inmates to hold her down, and they cut her hair to humiliate her. Later, she was forced to wear shackles that weighed 18 kg. At the end of December, she was sentenced to a forced labor camp for one year. At the Zizhong City Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, she was forcibly brainwashed.

In June 2001, when she came home from Chengdu City, she brought some materials exposing the persecution with her. She was arrested by police officers on the train and then taken to Xichang City's Madao Detention Center, where she was held for six months. Everyday she only received a very small meal of rice. Her family was never notified of her arrest. When she was taken to Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, she was emaciated.

At the No. 5 Team in Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, because of her steadfast belief in Teacher and Falun Dafa, she was forced to stand or sit for long periods of time in front of a wall by guard Yin Dan. She was only allowed two to three hours of sleep everyday, and she was held for as long as 18 months.

It was not until January 2003 that Ms. Zhao was finally able to leave the forced labor camp. Soon after she returned home, she was again repeatedly harassed by CCP members from the Dong District Police Sub-Bureau and local community management committee.

On December 28, 2007, when she went to Chengdu City to purchase a satellite antenna, she had a car accident on her way to a practitioner's home. After she was taken to a hospital, she passed away on the 31st.