Additional Persecution News from China - July 9, 2008 (45 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 33 cities or counties in 10 provinces. In this report, 24 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 45 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Huai'an County, Hubei Province] Ms. Xing Yulian Dies After Being Arrested
Ms. Xing Yulian, in her sixties, is from Chaigoupu Town, Huai'an County. Zhang Bin, the town's police station chief, led some officers to break into Ms. Li Chunlian's home, where Ms. Xing and several other practitioners were on the afternoon of June 23, 2008. They ransacked Ms. Li's home and arrested all the practitioners there. The police put the practitioners into the town's police station.
Ms. Xing was forced to trample on a picture of Master's image the next day and was fined 1,000 yuan. She died a few days later.
Zhang Bin, Caigoupu Town Police Station chief: 86-13831302108 (Cell), 86-313-7815065 (Home)
2. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wang Xuguang Arrested
Personnel from the Funing County Domestic Security Division and from the Zhucaoying Police Station arrested Mr. Wang Xuguang at his home and ransacked the place at 9:00 a.m. on July 6, 2008. They confiscated Dafa books, Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials and other personal items.
The police also harassed Ms. Wang Xiuhua in Zhucaoying Town and confiscated a picture depicting Master and an MP3 player.
Zhucaoying Police Station: 86-335-6090024
Chen Yingli, Funing County Domestic Security Division Group head: 86-335-6012230
3. [Hebei Province] Mr. Qiao Huarong Arrested by Evildoing Personnel from the Hengshui City Police Department
Personnel from the Hengshui City Police Department including Zuo Tiehan led officers from the Jizhou Police Station and arrested Mr. Qiao Huarongon the afternoon of July 4, 2008. Mr. Qiao is a teacher from the Jizhou Middle School. The police confiscated his computer and some cash. His whereabouts are unknown.
4. [Baiyin City, Gansu Province] Several Practitioners Being Held in the Jingyuan County Detention Center
Personnel from the Baiyin City Police Department colluded with officers from the Pingchuan District Police Department and from the Domestic Security Division. They arrested Ms. Xu Xiaoying, Mr. Bai Yujun, Mr. Chen Guohua, Ms. Yang Ruihong and Mr. Zhang Sanzhuan at their homes and ransacked their places at 6:30 p.m. on April 22, 2008. They confiscated a few computers, printers, cell phones, VCD players and Dafa books. It is confirmed that Ms. Xu and Ms. Yang are being held in the Jingyuan County Detention Center. Mr. Bai, Mr. Chen and Mr. Zhang are being held in the Pingchuan District Detention Center.
5. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Ms. Yang Li and Ransack Her Home on July 2, 2008
6. [Tianjin] Ms. Wang Fugui's Home Ransacked
Personnel from the Dazhongzhuang Town Police Station in the Baodi District of Tianjin ransacked Ms. Wang Fugui's home at 12:30 p.m. on July 7, 2008. The police did not show any documentation or follow proper procedures, but claimed this is simply part of the planned search in the county.
7. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Several practitioners from the Songyuan District have been arrested, and several Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials production sites have been damaged since the spring of 2008. The police arrested Mr. Liu Qingzheng, Mr. Shao Changpu and Mr. Fu Lihong. Several other practitioners were also arrested when they bought consumables at the Technology Complex in Changchun City.
8. [Liuyang City, Hunan Province] Persecution of Ms. Xu Yuan
Personnel from the Liuyang City Police Department arrested Ms. Xu Yuan at her home on the night of November 17, 2006. The police slapped her face and held her head to the edge of a table. Ms. Xu's face was swollen. She put a removable memory card into her mouth to protect it, as there was some Dafa information in it. Police discovered it and used a metal rod to pry her mouth open, which loosened her teeth and made her mouth bleed. They transferred her into the basement of the city committee's hotel the next day and tortured her for three days there, then later sentenced her to forced labor.
9. [Longkou City, Shandong Province] Mr. Guo Weidong and His Wife Ms. Luan Kefen Arrested
Personnel from the 610 Office, headed by Wang Qi in Longkou City, arrested Mr. Guo Weidong and his wife Ms. Luan Kefen at 8:00 p.m. on July 5, 2008. They ransacked the couple's home and confiscated a laptop computer and a printer. The couple is being held in the city's Zhangjiagou Detention Center.
Wang Qin from the 610 Office: 86-13184012736
10. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Guiling Arrested in Tianjin
Ms. Li Guiling from Linyuan Village, Huanggaizhuo Town, Guyuan County, Zhangjiakou City works in the Dongli District of Tianjin. Personnel from the county's 610 Office and from the Beijing 610 Office arrested her at 5:30 p.m. on July 3, 2008. They ransacked her rented home and put her into the town's detention center.
11. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Corrected List of Names of Practitioners Arrested on June 26, 2008
In addition to those on the previously published list, Mr. Luo Daxing and Mr. Luo Hongqin from Guang'an City were also arrested on June 26, 2008. Ms. Luo Lijuan and Ms. Lei Xinlian were not arrested.
12. [Diaobingshan City, Liaoning Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
Personnel from the Diaobingshan City Police Department arrested a 40-year-old woman practitioner at her home in the Hui'an community at 7:00 p.m. on July 4, 2008. They broke into a second-floor window to gain entry to her home. The police confiscated a computer, a printer, a CD burner, some Dafa books, some CDs, furniture and cooking items worth 38,000 "yuan" (including 8,000 yuan in cash). The practitioner is being held in a detention center.
The police arrested 56-year-old Ms. Na Yuying from the Power Plant Community on the morning of July 5, 2008. She is being held in a detention center.
13. [Liaoning Province] About 50 Practitioners Were Arrested in Fushun City
14. [Shaoguan City, Guangdong Province] Police Arrested Elderly Practitioner Ms. Jiao Anxiu In Late June--She Is Being Held in Huanggang Detention Center
15. [Pingdu City, Shandong Province]Police Arrest Ms. Zhang Jinmin and Ms. Guo Xiuhua
Police from Pingdu City ransacked Ms. Li Meijun's home in Shanwang Village, Yunshan Town on July 4, 2008. They also ransacked the homes of Mr. Zhang Tangjiang, Ms. Zhang Jinmin and Ms. Guo Xiuhua on July 7, 2008. The persecutors arrested Ms. Zhang and Ms. Guo and put them into a detention center in Pingdu City.
16. [Yongji County, Jilin Province] Mr. He Changlong Arrested
Yongji County Domestic Security Division chief Wang Shuxiang led nine officers and arrested Mr. He Changlong and his son from Chaluhe Town, Yongji County. Mr. He was put into the Kouqian Detention Center, and his son was released. Police confiscated a satellite dish, a receiver and tapes of several of Master's lectures.
17. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Personnel from the Domestic Security Division Arrest Xie Xiuying
Four plainclothes policemen from the Baoding City Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Xie Xiuying and ransacked her home at 2:00 p.m. on July 1, 2008. They confiscated a printer, some Falun Gong truth-clarifying CDs and materials, three MP3 players and a picture depicting Master. Ms. Xie was put into the Shijiazhuang City Women's Forced Labor Camp on July 3, 2008.
18. [Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Guo Jianzhen's Home Ransacked
Hanzhong City Police Department chief Ma Ping'an led seven officers to ransack Ms. Guo Jianzhen's home in her absence on July 1, 2008.
19. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ma Yuangui's Arrested
Ms. Ma Yuangui's home in the Ruifengyuan Community of Qixianling, Dalian City was ransacked on the night of June 20, 2008.
Personnel from the Hekou Bianfang Police Station, from the Lingshui Town Government and from the Hekou Division arrested Ms. Ma at her home at 8:00 a.m. on July 6, 2008. Ms. Ma is being held in the Fushun City Brainwashing Center.
Zou Xiaoming, Hekou Division: 86-411-86958157
Xiao, Lingshui Town Government: 86-13942063898
20. [Beijing] Sixty-Five-Year-Old Ms. Sun from the Fengtai District Went Missing After Venturing out on July 7, 2008
21. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Mr. Hu Zhanshan -2004 Information
Personnnel from Shancheng Township Police Station arrested 58-year-old Mr. Hu Zhanshan from Shancheng Township, Shuangcheng City in 2004. The police tortured him for a month and then held him in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp for eight months. Mr. Hu was deprived of sleep, and the guards shocked him with electric batons and beat him with a rubber hose. They eventually transferred Mr. Hu to the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp and tortured him until he was close to death. Police feared being held responsible for his death in the labor camp and released him.
22. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Chen Qijiang Held at the Tangshan Prison
Forty-two-year-old Mr. Chen Qijiang was put into the Tangshan Prison on April 23, 2008 for a five-year term. He had been arrested in August 2007 because he visited an arrested practitioner's mother. The police ransacked his home and confiscated his computer and a printer. Following Mr. Chen's six-month incarceration in the city's detention center, city court officials then pronounced the above-mentioned sentence. He was eventually transferred into the Tangshan City Prison. Mr. Hu's family went to visit him, but were turned away.
23. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Harass and Arrest Practitioners
Police arrested Ms. Wang Xiaohua from the Xibin Vegetable Storage Community in Daqing City at 6:00 a.m. on July 4, 2008.
A dozen police officers surrounded Ms. Liu Yanqin's home in the No. 41 Building at Xinbin Community on July 4, 2008. They put a ladder onto the balcony of Ms. Liu's home and attempted to break in. They surrounded her home until 4:00 p.m.
Personnel from the Longgang Police Station arrested Ms. Yan Jinglan at her home and ransacked the place in Qianlonggang No. 1-16 Building at 10:00 a.m. on July 4, 2008. Ms. Yan is being held in the city's No. 1 Detention Center.
24. [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Qu Xiuqin Arrested at Her Workplace at 9:00 a.m. on July 4, 2008
25. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Persecution of Ms. Teng Xianru
Personnel from the Songyuan City Domestic Security Division and from the city police department attempted to arrest Ms. Teng Xianru on April 21, 2008. Ms. Teng fell from the fifth floor during the arrest in the Qingsong Community at the Jilin Province Oil Field Residential Area and was severely injured.
She was treated in the Jilin Oil Field General Hospital between April 21 and early June 2008. Personnel from the city's Domestic Security Division transferred Ms. Teng from the hospital, though she is in poor condition.
26. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Chen Ping Arrested on the Afternoon of June 25, 2008
27. [Hailin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Jin Wenlan from Huolonggou Village Arrested on June 30, 2008
28. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Two Women Practitioners Arrested
A group of police officers arrested Ms. Deng and Ms. Zhang in a garage in Beihou Village, Fushun City on July 4, 2008. They confiscated a computer and a printer.
29. [Heilongjiang Province] Police Arrest Ms. Wang Yuhua at the Daqing City Power Supply Technical School
Four officers from the Longfeng Police Station arrested Ms. Wang Yuhua at the Daqing City Power Supply Technical School on July 1, 2008.
30. [Hebei Province] Police from Gaobeidian City Arrest Practitioners under the Pretext of "Keeping the Olympic Games Safe"
Personnel from the Baigou Police Station and from Dongmaying Township Police Station in Gaobeidian City arrested nine practitioners on the morning of July 3, 2008. They included Ms. Guan Cuiping from Ying Village in Baoding City, Mr. Xu Qiuge from Houyuan Village and Ms. Miao Surong from Jing Village. The other six practitioners have been released.
31. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Heng Lihua Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Heng Lihua from the Pipeline Bureau Middle School in Langfang City and put her into the Guangyang Police Station on July 2, 2008. The police ransacked her home and confiscated a computer and a CD burner the next day. Ms. Heng is being held in the city's detention center.
Feng Guoji, Domestic Security Division: 86-13103160886 (Cell)
Yan Zhen: 86-13703161884 (Cell), 86-316-2321889 (Home)
32. [Wanquan County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Ms. Guo Tai
Personnel from the Wanquan County Domestic Security Division and officials from Bingmin Village, Gaomiaopu Township arrested Ms. Guo Tai and ransacked her home at 10:00 a.m. on July 4, 2008. They confiscated a copier. Ms. Guo is being held in the county detention center.
33. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Bao Xiju and Her Daughter Arrested
Personnel from the Yedian Town Police Station and from the Tanbu Town Police Station arrested Ms. Bao Xiju from Xiadongmen Village, Tanbu Town, Mengyin County on the afternoon of June 22, 2008. Ms. Bao's daughter tried to stop the police from arresting her mother, but the police arrested her also. The mother and daughter are being held in the county detention center.
Li Baoyuan, Mengyin County 610 Office: 86-539-4811681, 86-13953958936
Sun Shu'ai, Mengyin County 610 Office Deputy Head: 86-13173095056
Wang Wei, Mengyin County Police Department 610 Office: 86-13563979797
34. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Haiyan Sentenced to One Year in Prison
35. [Tianjin] Ms. Ma Qingxia Arrested
Officer Zhao Dongbing from the Huangzhuang Township Police Station and three ruffians arrested Ms. Ma Qingxia from Huangzhuang Township, the Wuqing District, Tianjin at 2:00 p.m. on July 5, 2008. The arrest took place as she was posting Falun Gong truth-clarifying messages. Ms. Ma was put into the district's detention center at 11:00 p.m. that day.
Ms. Ma's family went to the detention center and to the police station and requested her release on July 6-7, 2008, but officers there were very rude and denied their request for release and their visit to Ms. Ma.
Chen Yanjie, Huangzhuang Township Police Station chief: 86-13752289788
36. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Jin Miaoqing and His Wife Ms. Song Li Arrested
Personnel from the Babaishang Police Station in Daqing City arrested Ms. Jin Miaoqing and his wife Ms. Song Li, employees from the city's Oil Extraction No. 2 Factory in early July 2008. The police also ransacked their home.
37. [Tianjin] Mr. Wang Fugui and Mr. Liu Aibing Live Forced to Leave Their Homes
Personnel from the Dazhongzhuang Township in the Baodi District, Tianjin ransacked several practitioners' houses. Mr. Wang Fugui and Mr. Liu Aibing have been forced to live away from their homes to avoid further harassment.
38. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Yang Bingju and His Wife Ms. Sang Meiyuan Have Been Held in a Brainwashing Center for Several Months
Mr. Yang Bingju and his wife Ms. Shang Meiyuan live in Xianghezi Village, Fenghuang Street, Canyeyuan Community in Fangzi District, Weifang City. Xianghezi Village Committee officer Yang Weizi brought the couple back from the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City and put them into the city's brainwashing center. The couple has been held there for several months.
Yang Tingping, Xianghezi Village Party Committee secretary: 86-536-7609991 (Home)
Yang Weizi, Xianghezi Village Committee member: 86-536-7604338 (Home)
39. [Zunhua City, Hebei Province] Ms. Ma Guihua Arrested
Personnel from the Zunhua City Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Ma Guihua from Tijuzhuang Village, Tuanpiaozhuang Township, Zunhua City on July 1, 2008. They also ransacked her home.
40. [Boye County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhu Xiujuan is Being Held at the Shijiazhuang City Women's Forced Labor Camp
41. [Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Ran Tongyi Sentenced
Jiangyou City Court agents held a trial for Mr. Ran Tongyi on June 27, 2008.
42. [Sichuan Province] Several Practitioners Have Been Held in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center for More Than Six Months
Several practitioners have been held in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center over six months. They are Mr. Li Xi from Sichuan Province Broadcast and Television Bureau, Mr. Liu Hui, an employee from the Paotong Primary School, Ms. Zhang Qiongying from Chengdu City, and Ms. Han from Nanchong City.
43. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police Harass Mr. Liu Kunjian and Ms. Chen Ping
Personnel from the Yuhua Street Police Precinct harassed Mr. Liu Kunjian and Ms. Chen Ping for two hours on the afternoon of July 7, 2008.
Li Jun, Yuhua District Police Department deputy chief in Shijiazhuang City: 86-311-86122610 (Office), 86-311-83659948 (Home)
44. [Hunan Province] The July 8, 2008 Issues of the Changsha Evening Newspaper Has Falun Gong-Slandering Content on Page A10
Changsha Evening Newspaper: 86-731-2205102, Fax: 86-731-2205042
45. [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Jinglu and His Wife Ms. Sun Yuxiang Arrested
Mr. Liu Jinglu and his wife Ms. Sun Yuxiang from Mishan City went to Zhuangxing Village, Taiping Township to explain the facts about Falun Gong on June 2, 2008, but were arrested and put into the township's police station.
Mr. Liu has a store selling school supplies. Personnel from the township's police station and from the Mishan City No. 2 Police Station ransacked Mr. Liu's home and store. They confiscated four computers, two 4500 printers, white paper worth 10,000 yuan, and some other items. They looted her supply of U.S. dollars they found in the home, and bank deposit certificates totally 280,000 yuan. The police also changed the license plate of Mr. Liu's car and now use it themselves.
Category: Accounts of Persecution