(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Wang Hongrong from Hefei City was sentenced to eight years in Suzhou Prison, where he was persecuted to death. Suzhou Prison released him when he was in critical condition and was paralyzed from the waist down. He passed away two months after he was released.

Wang Hongrong was on the staff of the Forklift Factory in Hefei, Anhui Province. On April 30, 2003, he was forced to leave home because he practiced Falun Dafa. His wife Zhang Jiyu was arrested many times also.

Wang Hongrong was arrested in Fuyang in September 2004. According to the Clearwisdom website, at that time many informational material sites were destroyed and about ten practitioners were arrested and held in detention centers all over the county and city. All the practitioners were interrogated with torture.

On June 15, 2005, the CCP court in Yingzhou District, Fuyang City secretly put ten Dafa practitioners--including Wang Hongrong--on trial after they were illegally detained for one year. The court was afraid that people would learn the truth, so it did not notify the family and did not announce the names of the judges. According to a Clearwisdom report on June 21, 2005, none of the ten Dafa practitioners were permitted to have defense attorneys. They shouted "Falun Dafa is good" and "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa." The court did not reach a verdict that day.

On September 2005, the court secretly sentenced the ten Dafa practitioners. Wang Hongrong was sentenced to eight years in prison and transferred to Suzhou Prison in Anhui Province.

There is clear evidence that Wang Hongrong was paralyzed from the waist down as a result of torture. It is still under investigation what kind of abuse he endured while in prison. Suzhou Prison officials did not release him until April 2007 when he was in critical condition. He passed away two months later at his home--he was fifty-nine years old.

Everyone at the Forklift Factory knew Wang Hongrong. He was well-liked because of his good nature. He was very healthy from practicing Falun Dafa, but he was persecuted to death in just two years. His death is yet another heinous crime committed by the CCP.