Mr. Zhao Xingquan, 52, lived in Huayuanli Bldg. 8 Apt. # 71, Chrysanthemum Garden Street, the Linghe District of Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. On July 20, 1999, he went to Shenyang City to appeal the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of Falun Gong. He was arrested on the train to Beijing. Police officer Wei from the Chrysanthemum Garden Police Station and the Secretary of the CCP at Chrysanthemum Garden Community of Jinzhou City took Mr. Zhao into custody.

 Mr. Zhao Xingquan


In October 1999, Mr. Zhao went to Beijing again to appeal and was arrested on October 28. He was sent back to Jinzhou City. He was illegally imprisoned in the "Drug Abuse Correction Center" in Jinzhou City. After 15 days, he was transferred to the Railroad Transportation Detention Center for forced "transformation" and brainwashing. In December 1999, he was released after having 2,000 yuan of so-called "earnest money" extorted from him. On May 12, 2000, after Su Guangxiqin from the Jinzhou Textile Factory and three other people reported Mr. Zhao to the authorities, he was once again arrested by Police Chief Yuan, policemen Wang Shansong and Tao Changsheng, Secretary of the CCP at Chrysanthemum Garden Community Bian Debai, and others. After keeping Mr. Zhao in a detention center for two weeks, officer Tao Changsheng extorted 1,700 yuan from Zhao's family. Because of the long term mental and physical torture, Zhao Xingquan's physical condition deteriorated, and he passed away on May 28, 2006.

Mr. Guo Fulong, 63, a rural doctor in Tazhi Township, Fenxi County, Shanxi Province, suffered from hypertension and many other diseases, which were considered medically incurable. After he practiced Falun Gong, his health was miraculously restored. From 1999 to 2000, because of his appeals, he was illegally arrested and imprisoned on many occasions. Zhang Bin, a goon nicknamed "the Linfen Boy" from the Political and Security Section, policeman Yan Yuxi, and Zhao Shaofeng from the detention center beat Mr. Guo mercilessly and ruthlessly kicked his lower abdomen. Consequently, his lower limbs were paralyzed after spending two years in illegal detention in a forced labor camp. He was crippled from the torture and persecution and could not take care of himself. After seven years of painful suffering, Guo Fulong died on January 11, 2007.

Mr. Guo Juting, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Shangyuan Township, Fenxi County, Shanxi Province, had very severe and unbearably painful skin ailments and other diseases. After practicing Falun Gong, his health quickly recovered. After the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, he appealed many times and was consequently imprisoned many times. He was detained in a forced labor camp, sentenced three times for a total of seven years, and persecuted so severely that he became mentally disordered. Guo Juting was left homeless and without family. He once told his younger sister that he could not bear the relentless torture. In the spring of 2006, Guo Juting was found dead in a cave outside the village. Despite the appalling condition of his remains, the local police department took his body for dissection.

June 13, 2007