(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Jitao, 54 years old, was living in Chengde City, Hebei Province. Because he practiced Falun Gong, officers from the Chengde City 610 Office, the National Security Division, the Political and Legal Committee, and the local police department cruelly tortured him. He died on April 30, 2007.

Mr. Wang became healthy and was free of illness after he started practicing Falun Dafa. Officers from the city 610 Office, National Security, and the local police department arrested him on September 1, 2003. They took him to the Chengde City Detention Center and locked him in a cell on death row. In order to force him to give up his belief in Falun Dafa, the guards used all kinds of brutal methods to torture him. They didn't give him food, didn't allow him to sleep, used electric batons to shock his head, and beat him. They beat him so brutally that his head became badly swollen. The beating resulted in extravagated fluid inside his skull, and he eventually got a brain tumor.

Later, Mr. Wang was transferred to the Luanping County Detention Center. The guards ordered the inmates to strip off Mr. Wang's clothes and pour cold water over him from head to toe in the freezing winter. After they poured 33 buckets over him, he lost consciousness. They beat and cursed him every day to try to force him to give up practicing Falun Dafa.

Mr. Wang Jitao was then transferred to the Dalaohugou Detention Center in Chengde City. He was held in three detention centers within three months. He was beaten badly whenever he was moved to a new detention center. The 610 Office in Chengde City did this on purpose because they were attempting to kill him.

After he arrived in the Chengde City Detention Center, the guards were even more cruel. They beat Wang Jitao so badly that he vomited blood. His head became swollen, four of his teeth feel out, and his ribs were broken. The photo taken before he died showed his ribs with obvious fractures (The above injuries to his head, teeth, and ribs were all photographed as evidence).

In Chengde City Detention Center, he was only given some leftover vegetable soup at every meal. He didn't receive the clothes and shoes his family members sent him and had to go barefoot in the winter.

See related report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/5/5/85280.html