(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Chao Zhiming and his wife, Zhu Xiuying, were persecuted cruelly over the past few years for practicing Falun Gong. Now Chao Zhiming is disabled, and his wife has died due to the persecution.

Mr. Chao Zhiming, 65 years old, was the manager of Feilong Cooperation, part of the state-owned Lingwu Farm in Ningxia Province. He had to retire earlier than is customary in 1994 because a stroke prevented him from working any longer. His wife, Zhu Xiuying, was an employee at the alcohol factory of Feilong Cooperation. She also retired early, in her case because she was suffering from severe diseases, including diabetes. Besides the stroke, Mr. Chao also suffered from pancreatitis, gastritis, arthritis, chronic cholecystitis and tracheitis. The illnesses, along with the expensive medical costs made their lives miserable.

In 1997, Chao Zhiming was given a copy of Zhuan Falun by chance. He loved the book and the teachings immediately, and he and his wife began practicing Falun Gong. From then on, all their diseases went away, which saved them a huge amount in medical costs. Even more miraculous was that Zhu Xiuying, who had been illiterate her whole life, was able to read all of Zhuan Falun. She later made a speech as the only practitioner from Ningxia Province at the cultivation experience sharing conference in Lanzhou City. The two practitioners were steadfast in cultivation.

However, Jiang Zemin's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, and the couple were persecuted relentlessly from then on. In August 1999, Mr. Chao was arrested and taken to the Lingwu City Police Station. Their home was searched twice and Dafa books and other items related to the practice were taken by the police around May 2001.

In March 2000, Mr. Chao went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. After he returned home he was detained illegally overnight by policeman Ma Yuelin from the Lingwu Farm Police Station. He was then detained for another 15 days by the Lingwu City Police Station. In 2000, police and 610 Office agents harassed him and his wife at home six times.

In fear of being illegally arrested, Chao Zhiming left home and went to Yulin City, Shaanxi Province, to invest in a company with friends and relatives. The Lingwu City police informed the Yulin City police to continue persecuting him. The police often sent out four or five policemen to harass him and his friends or relatives at home or at work. Everyone was afraid of the police. The Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision of Yulin City refused to supply the production materials for the company, the banks refused to give them loans and their clients canceled their orders. All this resulted in huge financial losses to the company. Mr. Chao had to stop cooperating with his friends and relatives after losses of 40,000 yuan and went back to Lingwu City at the end of 2000.

In March 2001, due to great pressure caused by the constant persecution and harassment, Ms. Zhu's old diseases recurred, and diabetes damaged her legs. The police still harassed Mr. Chao when he was accompanying his wife to the hospital, and they even wanted to arrest him while his wife was having surgery to cut off part of her legs.

In May 2001, Chao Zhiming was arrested and sent to a detention center by Li Ming, deputy director of Lingwu City Police Station; Yang YuChaog, the Party secretary of the Political Security Department of Lingwu City Police Station, and Zhang Zhanlin, the former head of the Political Security Department of Lingwu City Police Station, (since retired). At that time, Mr. Chao's former diseases recurred and his stroke symptoms returned.

Right before the Moon Festival in the fall in 2001, even though Chao Zhiming had not yet recovered his health, police officers Li Ming, Ma Yuelin from Lingwu Farm Police Station, and Cao Juxiang from the Security Department, without showing any police ID, broke into Mr. Chao's home, arrested him, and sent him to a forced labor camp. At that time Zhu Xiuying's health was declining and she was unable to carry out her daily activities. The police also arrested Chao Zhiming's youngest daughter and her 20-month-old child and took them to the police station. Scared by the police and left alone, the child kept crying and asking for his mother.

In the labor camp, Chao Zhiming kept saying aloud, "Falun Dafa is good." Guard Wu handcuffed him to a bunk bed, which prevented him from standing, sitting, or laying down. Before long, the right side of his body became paralyzed, and he partially lost his ability to speak. Afraid of being held responsible for his poor health, the labor camp sent Mr. Chao home after more than 20 days of illegal detention.

At that time, Chao Zhiming was paralyzed and suffering from incontinence. His blood pressure was 240-250 mmHg, and he was very skinny. However, the police still went to his home to harass him and search it four more times. Moreover, the police also spread lies that Falun Gong's teachings do not allow its practitioners to go to the hospital, that it was the police who sent the couple to the hospital, etc.

In the beginning of June 2003, Li Cun, director of the State Security Group of the Yinchuan City Police Station; Jin Chunhua, deputy director of the 610 Office; Zhang Anzhong, deputy director of the State Security Group; Wu Hao; and others followed practitioner Zhang Sixi (who has since been persecuted to death) and his wife to Mr. Chao's home. The gang of officers broke into the home by climbing over the walls. Policeman Wu Hao ran into the kitchen and dragged Ms. Zhu Xiuying, who was cooking, to the floor and dragged her for several meters, breaking her arm in the process. Mr. Chao's stroke symptoms recurred immediately. The police searched the whole house and took away two cellphones, two desk-top computers, one laptop computer, three printers, one VCR, the cash that Chao's son had in a safe, and other items. Everything together was worth about 60,000 yuan.

Ms. Zhu was sent to the emergency room at Lingwu City. However, because of her diabetes, her arm would not heal. The hospital fees and treatment costs were over 10,000 yuan. The elderly couple went to the Lingwu City Police Station and Yinchuan City Police Station to ask for compensation, but the responsible people either tried to avoid them or berated them. Yang, the deputy director of the Lingwu City Police Station, swore at the couple and said, "Do you still dare to continue your practice?"

In September 2003, Li Cun and nine other policemen from Yinchuan City Police Station broke into Chao Zhiming's home by climbing over the walls again while the couple were both sick at home. They broke several locks and doors and took away a computer.

In the summer of 2004, Yang Yufeng, head of the Political Security Group of Lingwu City Police Station, and Cao Juxiang, associate head of the Security Department of Lingwu Farm, secretly waited for Chao Zhiming outside his home. They arrested him when he returned home and took away an external hard drive in which there was material about suing the police who had persecuted Chao Zhiming.

The constant persecution harmed the couple both mentally and physically. With her severe diabetes and a broken arm, Zhu Xiuying fell and broke her leg, which resulted in her complete paralysis. She was sent to the hospital again but they could not help her. She died on January 25, 2006.

In June 2006, Yang YuChaog, Party secretary of the Political Security Group; Yang Yufeng, head of the Political Security Group; and two policemen from Chengzhen Police Station of Lingwu City broke into Chao Zhiming's home. They pushed him onto the couch and berated him. Mr. Chao tried to stop them when they started to take away his son's computer; they finally stole two external hard drives instead.

The Chaos' personal belongings taken away by the police and the medical costs for their physical ailments caused by the persecution added up to about 120,000 yuan for the past several years. At present, Chao Zhiming is paralyzed and can hardly take care of himself, and has lost some of his ability to speak.

There are many similar persecution cases like the Chaos' at the hands of 610 Offices, police systems, and legal systems at both provincial and city levels.

Those responsible:

Li Cun, male, former Party secretary of the State Security Group, Yinchuan City Police Station, head of State Security Group, Yinchuan City Police Station since 1999
Jin Chunhua, female, deputy director of the 610 Office, State Security Group, Yinchuan City Police Station
Zhang Anzhong, associate head of the State Security Group, Yinchuan City Police Station
Wu Hao, Ningxia Provincial Police Station