1. Liu Guizhen from Zibo City, Shandong Province Persecuted to Death by 610 Office

Around March 13, 2007, Yao Junrong, the chief of Zhoucun District's 610 Office, together with National Security officials and Mengshui Police Station officers, broke into practitioner Ms. Liu Guizhen's home in Xiahou Village of Mengshui Town, Zhoucun District of Zibo City, Shandong Province and forced her to go to brainwashing classes held by the 610 Office in the Zhoucun District. She was later transferred to the brainwashing center in Zibo City's 610 Office. She suffered persecution there for one month, and was released on April 30. During her detention in the brainwashing center, Ms. Liu was forced to endure brainwashing, high pressure "transformation" sessions, and physical abuse. Two days after she returned home, Liu Guizhen passed away on May 3, 2007.

Zibo City 610 Office brainwashing center: 86-533-3915507
Brainwashing center: 86-533-3915507
Office: 86-533-3160192; official in charge: 86-533-2283921
Chief, Wang Enming: 86-533-3176186 (Home) 86-13805333379 (Cell)
Chief, Yao Junrong: 86533-6406998 (Home), 86-533-6815722(Home)
Mengshui Police Station: 86-533-6889209, 86-533-6889110
Office of police station chief: 86-533-6880110

2. Yuan Ruilan from Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province Persecuted to Death by 610 Office

Ms. Yuan Ruilan from Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province started practicing Falun Gong in early 1999. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she had many illnesses and underwent medical treatments, including stomach surgery and chemotherapy. A few months after practicing Falun Gong, her health was completely restored. Her weight increased from less than 40 kilograms to over 50 kilograms, and she no longer had difficulty doing the Falun Gong exercises standing up. She was able to walk fast, and her skin glowed with health.

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Gong. The Zhanjiang City 610 Office and its followers harassed Yuan Duanlan many times using various methods. Twice Ms. Yuan was illegally arrested and her home ransacked. As Yuan Ruilan persisted in her belief in the universal principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance," officials from the 610 Office planned to arrest her and force her to go through brainwashing. As the city's 610 Office was searching everywhere for Ms. Yuan in 2003, she left home to avoid further persecution, and became homeless.

Yuan Ruilan went to her daughter's home in Hainan Province. Later, in May of 2004, she was arrested in an apartment on Beqiao Street in Chikan District. The Chinese Communist Party sent Ms. Yuan to the Law Enforcement Education School in Zhanjiang City for brainwashing. There, they tried to force her to write the so-called three guarantee statements to give up practicing Falun Gong and watch videos slandering Falun Gong. The brainwashing caused her severe damage and mental and physical suffering. Ms. Yuan was released after three months.

After she was released from the brainwashing center, she would become extremely frightened if someone mentioned the names of those perpetrators in the brainwashing center, including Chen Jun and Huang Zuhua from the 610 Office. She would not take any food or drink and became weaker day by day. Despite this, the 610 Office still did not let this older woman alone. They frequently ordered her work unit officials to verbally abuse and threaten her. By the second half of 2006, Ms. Yuan displayed symptoms of illness, including swollen feet and a swollen abdomen. Yuan Ruilan passed away on May 9, 2007.

3. Luo Haifeng from Guangzhou City Persecuted to Death

Ms. Luo Haifeng was a seventy-two-year-old practitioner from Fanyu District of Guangzhou City, Guangzhou Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, she had hypertension, heart disease and suffered from effects of prolonged medical treatment. In May of 1998, she had the opportunity to learn Falun Gong and became healthy afterwards. After July 20, 1999, Ms. Luo and her husband were persecuted by the local police of Guangzhou City for clarifying the truth of Falun Gong. They were arrested and interrogated many times by the Shawan Detention Center and the Luoxi Police Station of the Fanyu District of Guangzhou City, and suffered both physically and mentally. Once, late at night, several policemen forced her to lead the way to her home. Although they had not yet reached the 6th floor, Luo Haifeng was so traumatized that she was sweating, urinating, and defecating. After she collapsed at the doorstep to her home, the police ransacked her home and confiscated more than ten Falun Gong books.

Afterwards, the police frequently went to Ms. Luo's home to harass, threaten, and coerce her into writing a guarantee statement to give up practicing Falun Gong. The harassment intensified during the New Year period and during other holidays. Sometimes, the police would just give Ms. Luo a notice, summoning her to the police station or other locations.

Luo Haifeng had suffered for a long period of time. In winter of 2003 she had a sudden attack of hypertension while her heart disease worsened. After surgery at the provincial hospital, she gradually recovered. In late 2005, she suffered a stroke and was paralyzed over half of her body. As a result, she had to lie in bed or sit in a wheelchair. In 2006, during the Dragon Boat Festival, Luo Haifeng suffered another massive stroke and passed away.

4. Zhang Shitong Persecuted to Death at Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp

In October 2003, Beijing practitioner Zhang Shitong was detained in the Tiantanghe Women's Forced Labor Camp in the Daxing District of Beijing by the Forced Labor Management Committee of Beijing. She was seventy-one-years-old at the time. However, she was forced to do manual labor for long periods of time by camp policewomen Chen Li and Guo Kaiyang. After her lung disease relapsed, the camp refused to release her. Ms. Zhang's lung disease deteriorated into late-stage lung cancer, yet the camp authorities still would not release her for another 3 months. After Zhang Shitong was finally released, she passed away after two months.

May 13, 2007