(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Ni Wenkui, 45, was an employee of the No. 6 Oil Extraction and Manufacturing Company in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province, and a Falun Dafa practitioner. He was in poor health ever since he was released from Daqing Prison at the end of 2005. In the last ten months of his life, he was in a vegetative state and could not take care of himself. Mr. Ni died at around 3:00 p.m. on November 12, 2007.

Mr. Ni Wenkui, before the persecution

Mr. Ni Wenkui after being tortured in Daqing Prison

He could not take care of himself as a result of torture and abuse in detention

Ni Wenkui was born in February 1962 in Daqing City. He used to work at the No. 11 Division of the Well Operation Company under the No. 6 Oil Extraction and Manufacturing Company in Daqing. Before practicing Falun Gong, he suffered from severe psoriasis. Ninety-eight percent of his skin, including his face, was covered with rash. He was unable to sleep well and had to sleep with all his clothes on since his skin would bleed and cause him severe pain if it touched the bed sheet. In April 1997, Mr. Ni was sent home from Wudalianchi Sanatorium and told that his skin condition was incurable.

Before giving up all hope, Mr. Ni started practicing Falun Dafa. He gave up cigarettes and alcohol in one day after reading Zhuan Falun. The rash completely disappeared after he had been practicing Falun Dafa for over a month. Everyone at his workplace was astonished by the miracle of Falun Dafa.

Over the past eight years of persecution, Ni Wenkui was illegally arrested and detained multiple times. He was sentenced to three years in prison and suffered inhuman treatment in Hongweixin Prison in Daqing City. After he was released, the local police constantly harassed him. In December 2000, Mr. Ni went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. He was arrested and sent back to Daqing City. He was detained in the Ranghu Road Detention Center for 15 days and later in the Sartu District Detention Center for 45 days.

On November 2, 2002, more than 20 police officers from Lamadian Police Station broke into Mr. Ni's apartment through a window off the porch and took him to the police station. They sentenced him to three years in prison in June 2003. Mr. Ni was sent to the notorious Hongweixin Prison for three years. During that time, he suffered inhuman abuse. He was watched 24 hours per day by four inmates. He was often beaten and not allowed to sleep. He was not allowed to talk to anyone or step out of the cell. He was forced to watch slanderous TV programs and coerced to write the so-called "five statements" (similar to the three statements) to give up Falun Dafa. Once he was pulled out of the cell at midnight and tortured by over 20 guards while they poured cold water over him. Mr. Ni suffered tremendously during his imprisonment and was unable to speak clearly after he was released.

Mr. Ni Wenkui was constantly harassed by the local police after he was released. He never recovered from the inhuman treatment he endured in prison. In March 2006, Mr. Ni had to leave home for over ten days to avoid being arrested again because several prison guards came looking for him. He became weaker and weaker. On February 28, 2007, he suddenly fell into a coma. He could not take care of himself and had to be fed through a tube. Mr. Ni died on November 12, 2007.

Related report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/8/31/89106.html

November 22, 2007