(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Ruiqiu from the Lixia District in Jinan City, Shandong Province, benefited from the practice of Falun Dafa in both body and mind. Even after seven years of brutal persecution by the Communist Party, she still would not renounce Dafa. On May 15, 2006, Ms. Liu went to East Baliwa County Fair Market to buy groceries and clarify the truth to the grocers. She was reported to the authorities by a person who did not understand the truth. The district police, including Wang Decheng and others from Shunyulu Police Station, illegally arrested her and took her to the local police station. Afterwards they, along with the police from the census register district station at Keyuan Road, altogether eight or nine people, took her back to her home and illegally searched and ransacked it. All the Dafa books, Master Li’s picture, an MP3 player, some valuables, and bankbooks were all taken away after being photographed. The 59-year-old Ms. Liu Ruiqiu has never cooperated with the persecution and is currently being held in the Shandong No.1 Women’s Forced Labor Camp, also known as Jinan City’s Jiangshuiquan Forced Labor Camp.

Going to Beijing to Appeal and Being Tortured

Ms. Liu Ruiqiu is a retired worker from Jinan's Semiconductor Research Institute. Since 1985 she had been plagued by serious illnesses and was a well-known person on the sick list at her workplace. The Beijing Co-operative Hospital, Shandong University Faculty of Medicine Auxiliary Hospital, and the Western Jinan Tumor Hospital couldn’t cure her illnesses. Her extended search for treatment not only ran up huge medical bills for her work unit but also affected her family life. When it appeared that she had no other recourse, she tried her luck with qigong, but to no avail. In 1996 Ms. Liu started to practice Falun Gong, and soon she regained her health. Falun Dafa gave her a new life.

"It is such a wonderful practice. Why does Jiang Zemin persecute it so cruelly?" At the time she thought about it a lot but couldn’t figure it out. During the 2000 Lunar New Year she went to Beijing to appeal. She wanted to use her personal experience to inform the appeal office that Falun Gong is good, and that the persecution is wrong. But she was jailed in the Lixia District Police Station in Keluyuan.

While imprisoned, she was cruelly tortured by the then Keyuanlu police station chief, Zhang Guisheng. Zhang used an electric baton to shock her around her heart for as long as half an hour. She passed out and remained unconscious through the night after the electric baton shocks. She was released after being fined 5,000 yuan a few days later.

Imprisoned Again for Clarifying the Truth

Just before the 2001 Lunar New Year, the security section at Ms. Liu's place of employment called her to the workplace because they feared that she would go to appeal in Beijing again. They tried to make her sign the guarantee statement. Ms. Liu remained committed to clarifying the truth and refused to sign the statement that slandered Falun Gong. The security section of her workplace, Chief Guo, and Keyuanlu police station policemen then took her to a ward in the Shandong Province Police Hospital and put her under close watch. They "illegally detained" her for seven months.

During her imprisonment she maintained her righteous belief. Seeing that she wouldn’t "transform," the police again sent her to a brainwashing center. At the center, several malicious people simultaneously attacked her, hitting and grappling, tormenting her for several hours. Her entire body was covered with wounds. Her neck was pinched so hard that she couldn’t catch her breath, and she passed out. The authorities then sent her back to the police hospital ward to be closely watched. Sometime after, the police saw that she still wouldn’t renounce her faith, so they sent her back to Jiangshuiquan Forced Labor Camp to have collaborators try to "transform" her. The collaborators tortured her mentally and physically. They grappled with her, twisted her limbs, sealed her mouth, and tortured her until her last gasp. The evil people exhausted all their tricks and still could not get her to concede, so they deducted a year’s worth of retirement benefits from her account and then released her.

At the end of October 2003, Ms. Liu was clarifying the truth at a market in the Licheng District when she was arrested and taken to the Licheng District 610 Office brainwashing center. In the brainwashing center, she continued to use her personal experiences to tell about the miraculous healing and health effects of Falun Gong. She also went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal persecution. The Licheng District 610 Office didn’t succeed in "transforming" her, so they took her key and searched her home. The police seized every Dafa book, a tape recorder, an MP3 player, and even took 4,000 yuan in cash from her home. After the police obtained the cash they released her.

Her Home Searched, Possessions Seized, She Is Sent to a Labor Camp for Clarifying the Truth

To let more people who have been deceived by the Communist Party understand the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong and the evil nature of the Communist Party, Ms. Liu Ruiqiu continues to clarify the truth to people.

In March 2006, Sujiatun secret concentration camp’s harvesting of organs from living Falun Gong practitioners for profit and cremating the remains to hide the evidence was exposed by the Minghui website, and it shocked the world. According to witnesses, currently there are 36 camps similar to Sujiatun in Mainland China that are secretly detaining practitioners. The situation is pressing! It is at this critical juncture when the need to reveal the truth to the people who have been deceived is greatest that Ms. Liu went to East Baliwa market in the central district of the city to clarify the truth, but someone reported her. The police from the Shunyulu Police Station not only arrested her but also searched her home and seized her belongings, including her bankbook.

From the time of her arrest and the ransacking of her home to being imprisoned at the Jinan City lockup, Ms. Liu Ruiqiu resisted the evil throughout and furthermore went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. One week afterwards, Shunyulu Police Station officials sent her to the Jiangshuiquan Women’s Forced Labor Camp and secretly took her bankbook. When her family members went to get it back, the authorities would not return it. Since Ms. Liu has been in the labor camp, the police are refusing to let her family members see her. She is currently being persecuted inhumanely.

Jiangshuiquan Forced Labor Camp telephone number: 86-531-88555040