Latest News from China - July 30, 2005
- [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Yunhui and Mr. Ge Guangsheng Held in Detention Center of Bei'an Farm Bureau
- [Manzhouli, Inner Mongolia] Police Arrest Mr. Hou Li Again
- [Ankang City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Zhang Xianbin Arrested Again
- [Sichuan Province] Eight Practitioners, including Ms. He Xianqun, Held in Leibo County for Nearly Two Months
- [Liaoning Province] Ms. Shang Xiaoyun Abstains from Food and Water in Protest of the Persecution in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Police Arrest Ms. Ma Guizhen and Her Husband from Weizi Town in Changyi County
- [Qingyuan County, Liaoning Province] Several Practitioners from Cang Village Sent to Forced Labor Camp, including Ms. Meng Fanqin
- [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Guo Junxiang and Another Practitioner Arrested
- [Dazhou, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tan Zhouping from Wanyuan City Arrested
- [Renshou County, Sichuan Province] Practitioners, including Ms. Xiao Qunying and Ms. Chen Yunxia, Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Fan Junxia and Other Practitioners Arrested in Xiantao City
- [Cangzhou City, Hubei Province] Mr. Gao Jianwen from Wangsi Township in Nanpi County Arrested
- [Dongning County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ying Meilan from Daohe Town Arrested
- [Hubei Province] Ms. Xiao Fangmei Held in Enshi No. 1 Detention Center in Hubei Province
- [Shanghai] Mr. Cheng Penghui Arrested Again
- [Sichuan Province] Mr. Yuan Youquan and Mr. Chen Maoya Arrested
- [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tan Xueli and Mr. Mo Yongbin from Pengxi County Arrested
1. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Yunhui and Mr. Ge Guangsheng Held in Detention Center of Bei'an Farm Bureau
On July 6, 2005, Mr. Zhang Yunhui and Mr. Ge Guangsheng from the Zhanhe Forestry Bureau in in Wudalianchi were arrested while distributing truth-clarifying materials. They are currently held in the detention center of the Bei'an Farm Bureau. Mr. Zhang and Mr. Ge have been on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Mr. Zhang's life is in imminent danger after nearly a one month hunger strike.
Sun Li, leader of the Bei'an Farm Bureau 610 Office: 86-456-6400780
2. [Manzhouli, Inner Mongolia] Police Arrest Mr. Hou Li Again
Mr. Hou Li is an employee of Food Processing Co. Ltd in Manzhouli City. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor after the State Security Division of the city's police department arrested him in August 2002 for distributing "truth-clarifying" materials. He was held in the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp until May 2004, when he was released. He remained under constant harassment from officials of the city's "610 Office," the local police officer, and leaders at his work unit, because he refused to give up cultivation practice. In June 2005, he was reported to the police while clarifying the truth. The state security division held him in custody for two weeks in the Manzhouli City Detention Center. He refused to write the three statements and has been suspended from work by the leaders of his work unit. His salary has also been suspended. At around 9:00 p.m. on July 25, 2005, four officers from the Nanqu Police Station led four officers from the Manzhouli City State Security Division to break into the home of Mr. Hou's father. They took Mr. Hou to a brainwashing center in Hulunbei'er City.
Yao Chuanyu, director of Food Processing Co. Ltd in Manzhouli City: 86-470-6264371 (office), 86-470-6264395 (front desk)
3. [Ankang City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Zhang Xianbin Arrested Again
Mr. Zhang Xianbin, 29, is from Baihe County in Ankang City. He had been sentenced to three years of forced labor and was tortured while being held in Division No. 4 of Zaozihe Forced Labor Camp. On one occasion he was suspended by his handcuffed wrists for 12 days. Soon after his release in 2003, Mr. Zhang published a solemn declaration. He also made public the facts of his persecution on Internet websites, including Minghui/Clearwisdom and others.
Mr. Zhang returned to his home during the Spring Festival season in early 2005. He was arrested within ten hours but managed to escape with righteous thoughts in mind on the way to the detention center. At the end of June 2005, the police arrested him again. He was transferred to the Baihe County Detention Center in Ankang City, where he has since remained in custody.
4. [Sichuan Province] Eight Practitioners, including Ms. He Xianqun, Held in Leibo County for Nearly Two Months
Practitioners Ms. He Xianqun, Mr. Mao Kaiming, Mr. Luo Ruiqing, Mr. Lu Dingguo, and practitioners Sun, Wang, Chen, and Yang were arrested by officials from the Leibo County State Security Division. They have been held in the Leibo County Detention Center for nearly two months.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 834
Office of Leibo County Party Committee: 8822452
Office of Leibo County Party Secretary: 8822014
Office of County Political and Disciplinary Committee: 8822002
Office of Supervision: 8820987
Leibo County Police Department: 8822070
Office of Chief of Leibo County Police Department: 8822245
5. [Liaoning Province] Ms. Shang Xiaoyun Abstains from Food and Water in Protest of the Persecution at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Shang Xiaoyun went on a hunger strike at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, abstaining from both food and water, and by June 2005 she was near death. Her heartbeat stopped and she was sent to the Medical University Hospital for rescue. She was then sent back to the labor camp for continued torture. The police have rejected her family's demands for her release.
In 2001, Ms. Shang was sent by the Xingshun Police Station to the No. 5 Detention Center, where she was held for 15 days. In 2002, officers from the Gongrencun Police Station took her to the Zhangshi Brainwashing Center. She left there with honor and dignity three months later. In May 2004, she was taken to Longshan by officers from the Tiexi District Police Department and transferred to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she has since remained. Ms. Shang is very weak physically.
Address of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp:
Masanjia Village, Masanjia Town, Yuhong District, Shenyang City, Zip code: 11045
Country code: 80, area code: 24
Main line: 89210074
Division No. 1: 89210454
Wang Shuzheng, of Division No. 1: 86-13982207608 (cell)
Huang Haiyan, of Division No. 3: 86-13066010598 (cell)
Division No. 2: 89240074
Division No. 3: 89212252
6. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Police Arrest Mrs. Ma Guizhen and Her Husband from Weizi Town in Changyi County
Mrs. Ma Guizhen, 65, is from Dongding Village in Weizi Town, Changyi, Weifang City. At 11:00 a.m. on July 26, 2005, Chen Xiaodong, head of the police squad of the Changyi City 610 Office, arrived with officers from the Crime Response Division of the Changyi City Police Department. They tied up Ms. Ma and her husband and took them to an unknown location.
7. [Qingyuan County, Liaoning Province] Several Practitioners from Cang Village Sent to Forced Labor Camp, including Ms. Meng Fanqin
On or around April 6, 2005, officers from Division No. 1 of the Fushun City Police Department arrested several people from Cang Village in Qingyuan County. Among those arrested, Ms. Meng Fanqin, Ms. Guo Jing and Ms. Huang De have been sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, each serving a three-year term. Ms. Qin Shuhua and Jiang Weijie have been sent to the Wujiabu Forced Labor Camp in Fushun City, each for a two-year term.
8. [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Guo Junxiang and Another Practitioner Arrested
Mr. Guo Junxiang and a female practitioner were arrested by Mishan City police around July 23, 2005.
9. [Dazhou, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tan Zhouping from Wanyuan City Arrested
Mr. Tan Zhouping, 40, is from Baiyang Township in Wanyuan City, Dazhou. He went to Beijing to validate the Fa in 1999 and was taken back by Wanyuan City police and held in the Wanyuan City Detention Center, where he was badly beaten, and handcuffed and shackled. He was released six months later. He was forced to leave town to avoid being persecuted in 2000 and later moved to Chengdu. At 8:00 p.m. on July 12, police arrested him outside his rented room in Chadianzi, Chengdu City. Mr. Tan is being held in Guangyuan City.
10. [Renshou County, Sichuan Province] Practitioners, including Ms. Xiao Qunying and Ms. Chen Yunxia, Arrested
On June 22, 2005, Ms. Xiao Qunying, from Fujia Town in Renshou County, was arrested by officers from the local police station. She is being held in the Renshou County Detention Center.
On the afternoon of July 26, police arrested Ms. Chen Yunxia, 57, from Renshou County.
Around July 15, police arrested Ms. Jiang Hongzhen from Jianyang City, Sichuan Province.
11. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Fan Junxia and Other Practitioners Arrested in Xiantao City
Around June 30, 2005, Ms. Fan Junxia, Ms. Zhan Jingmei from Tianmen City and two other practitioners from the Caidian District in suburban Wuhan City went to Xiantao City to clarify the truth. They were arrested by the local police. Ms. Fan and Ms. Zhan have been sent to the Shayang Forced Labor Camp, each serving an eighteen-month term. The other two practitioners managed to escape with righteous thoughts in mind.
12. [Cangzhou City, Hubei Province] Mr. Gao Jianwen from Wangsi Township in Nanpi County Arrested
On June 7, 2005, Mr. Gao Jianwen from Wangsi Township in Nanpi County, Canzhou City, was arrested at his home by officers from the Nanpi County Police Department and the Wangsi Township Police Station. The officers did not have any legal documents or any evidence for an arrest. Mr. Gao is being held in the Nanpi County Detention Center.
13. [Dongning County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ying Meilan from Daohe Town Arrested
Ms. Ying Meilan, 47, is from Daohe Town in Dongning County. On the evening of June 27, 2005, officers led by Jia Manchang, commissioner of the town, and Qian Haibo, deputy commissioner, arrested her and took her to the Jinchang Police Station. The following day Ms. Ying was transferred to the Dongning Detention Center, where she has remained in custody for over a month.
14. [Hubei Province] Ms. Xiao Fangmei Held in Enshi No. 1 Detention Center in Hubei Province
Ms. Xiao Fangmei, who is in her forties, is from Wanzhou. In December 2004, she was arrested by Hubei police and has since remained in the Enshi No. 1 Detention Center in Hubei Province, telephone number 86-718-82830011.
15. [Shanghai] Mr. Cheng Penghui Arrested Again
On July 10, 2005, Mr. Cheng Penghui from Shanghai was followed on his way back to his suburban hometown of Fengxia for a visit. When he returned to his temporary residence on Zijin Road, he was arrested by Huangpu District police. The officers searched the residence and also arrested Mr. Pan Jijun, who was present at the scene. Mr. Cheng had been twice sentenced to forced labor, lasting one year and three years each. Mr. Pan had also been twice sent to a forced labor camp.
16. [Sichuan Province] Mr. Yuan Youquan and Mr. Chen Maoya Arrested
Mr. Yuan Youquan, 72, has persisted in his cultivation practice. On the morning of July 26, 2005, officers from the Jinshan Street Police Station of the Deyang Fireproof Materials Factory, led by his son-in-law, took him to a brainwashing center in Hexing Town, Guanghan.
Mr. Chen Maoya, in his 40s, was taken to the same brainwashing center by the police in mid-June.
17. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tan Xueli and Mr. Mo Yongbin from Pengxi County Arrested
On the evening of July 24, 2005, Mr. Tan Xueli from Suining City, Pengxi County was arrested by the local police. Mr. Mo Yongbin, from Qunli Town in Pengxi County, was also arrested nearby. The local police station arrested Mr. Mo's elder brother the following evening. He was released 36 hours later. At noon on July 28, officers again arrived at his home in two police vehicles. It was reported that he was again taken into custody.
July 29, 2005