Latest News from China - February 15, 2005
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Ouyang Haiwen Went on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Torture; Is Now in Critical Condition
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Liao Qiyuan Arrested
- [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Lin Wuyong and Mr. Zhang Wenxue Arrested and Will Be Sentenced
- [Xinxiang City, Henan Province] Ms. Zhao Tingyun Arrested
- [Beijing] Mr. Jiang Ruishan Sentenced to Two and Half Year of Forced Labor
- [Beijing] Mr. Jing Jun Arrested; Sent to Haidian District's Detention Center
- [Beijing] No Information about Practitioners Mr. Yan Sen and Mr. Shan Jiming Since Their Arrest
- [Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Fang and Others' Sentences Extended at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Yunnan Province] Mr. Gu Xiufen Arrested and Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia AR] Practitioners Ms. Wang Guijun and Others Arrested
- [Guangdong Province] Two Falun Gong Practitioners from Hunan Province Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Yao Huizhen from the Haidian District Arrested; Her Whereabouts Are Unknown
- [Huaihua City, Hunan Province] The Persecution of Ms. Wei Guimei
1. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Ouyang Haiwen Went on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Torture; Is Now in Critical Condition
Someone reported Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Ouyang Haiwen from Wuhan City to the police when he was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong in Wuhan City's Steam Turbine Factory. Mr. Ouyang was arrested and put first in a detention center, and later in the Jiang'an Brainwashing Center and other places, where he suffered severe torture. In January 2005 he was sent to the Hewan Brainwashing Center for further torture. Mr. Ouyang went on a hunger strike to protest the mistreatment, and he is currently in critical condition.
2. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Liao Qiyuan Arrested
About a month ago, the police arrested Mr. Liao Qiyuan from Guangxi Province who worked in Shenzhen City. It is said that he is being held in Nanshan District's Detention Center in Shenzhen City.
3. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Lin Wuyong and Mr. Zhang Wenxue Arrested and Will Be Sentenced
It has been reported that practitioners Mr. Lin Wuyong and Mr. Zhang Wenxue from Zhuhai City, who had been arrested many times, were arrested again around September 19, 2004. Later they were put in the Meixi Detention Center. It is said that police authorities are planning to hold a trial for the two practitioners and others at the People's Court of Xiangzhou District, Zhuhai City.
It has also been reported that Ms. Cai Yunxian, 68 years old, who was arrested at the same time as Mr. Lin and Mr. Zhang, has been sent to the Sanshui Legal Institutional Education School [in reality a brainwashing center], while Mr. Hu Yong has been sent to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province.
4. [Xinxiang City, Henan Province] Ms. Zhao Tingyun Arrested
On February 4, 2005, Ms. Zhao Tingyun from Xinxiang City and her husband and son went back home for the Spring Festival. On the way home, they clarified the truth about Falun Gong to people. Someone reported them to the police. Personnel from the city's Nanhuan Police Precinct arrested them, ransacked their home and confiscated some cash and other personal belongings.
Phone number for the Nanhuan Police Precinct, Xinxiang City: 86-375-5095994
5. [Beijing] Mr. Jiang Ruishan Sentenced to Two and Half Year of Forced Labor
At ten minutes after midnight on May 23, 2004, the police arrested practitioner Mr. Jiang Ruishan in Beijing and ransacked his house. The police incarcerated him in the Fengtai Detention Center and later, on June 30, transferred him to Beijing's No.2 Detention Center, formerly the No.7 Division of Beijing's Police Department. Afterwards they sentenced him to two and a half years of forced labor. No family visits have been approved so far. Mr. Jiang's work unit, the headquarters of the Bank of China, suspended his retirement pension on January 1, 2005.
Related phone number:
The No.2 Detention Center, (the No.7 Division of Beijing Police Department:
The Beijing Police Department: 86-10-85225050
Zhang Zhanhang, an officer from the EnjiZhuang Police Precinct, Haidian
District, Beijing: 86-13901295638 (cell)
The Enjizhuang Police Precinct: 86-10-88125030
6. [Beijing] Mr. Jing Jun Arrested; Sent to Haidian District's Detention Center
On February 16, 2004, the police arrested practitioner Mr. Jing Jun in Beijing when he was distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials on the street and incarcerated him in Haidian District's Detention Center. The police confiscated computers, related materials and Dafa books in both his home in the Chaoyang District and at his parents' home in the Haidian District. No family visit has been allowed so far.
7. [Bejing] No Information about Practitioners Mr. Yan Sen and Mr. Shan Jiming Since Their Arrest
Practitioner Mr. Yan Sen, almost 60 years old, is a retired employee of the 159 Middle School in Beijing. In 2002 he was arrested at school and sent to Xicheng District's Brainwashing Center. He was later released. In December 2004, the authorities of the Xicheng District Branch of the Beijing Police Department arrested him again. No news about him has been available so far.
Practitioner Mr. Shan Jiming was born on January 6, 1969. He was the chief of the communication station, the command center, headquarters of the Chinese People's Armed Police. Mr. Shan lived at No. 68 Lixin Street, Gaomi City, Shandong Province before he joined the police force.
After the July 20, 1999, Mr. Shan was sent to a mental hospital for insisting on practicing Falun Dafa. He was force-fed and injected with unknown drugs. In August 2001, Mr. Shan Jiming was held in Beijing's No.4 Prison. Nobody has had any news about him since then.
8. [Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Fang and Others' Sentences Extended at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Ms. Wang Fang from Jinzhou City was sentenced to three years of forced labor. Her term was up in early October 2004. Because she refused to give up the Falun Gong practice, her detention term was extended by four months. She should have been released by early February 2005; however, her term was again extended by one month.
Ms. Cui Yaning from Jinzhou City was sentenced to three years of forced labor. Her term was up on December 28, 2004; however, her detention term was extended by about one year because she refused to give in to demands that she stop practicing Falun Gong.
Practitioner Ms. Li Guijie from Jinzhou City was sentenced to three years of forced labor. Her term was up December 28, 2004. Because Li Guijie refused to give in to demands to stop practicing Falun Gong, her detention term was extended by three months.
9. [Yunnan Province] Mr. Gu Xiufen Arrested and Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
Practitioner Ms. Gu Xiufen, 40 years old, is an employee of Yunnan Province's Gear Factory. On January 31, 2005, the police arrested her from her barbershop. Her family was not informed until they pursued the matter and made many inquiries. They eventually found out that Ms. Gu had been sentenced to three years of forced labor.
10. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia AR] Practitioners Ms. Wang Guijun and Others Arrested
At noon on January 19, 2005, practitioner Ms. Wang Guijun from the Sonsan District was arrested. Her whereabouts are presently unknown.
At noon on January 18, 2005, practitioner Ms. Liu Fengrong, who had previously been incarcerated for one year at Huhehaote City's Women's Forced Labor Camp, was arrested, as was practitioner Ms. Dai Zhenyun from Songsan District. Both of their houses were ransacked.
11. [Guangdong Province] Two Falun Gong Practitioners from Hunan Province Arrested
In October 2004, two practitioners from Hunan Province (one man and one woman, about 50 or 60 years old) visited relatives at Shakou Town's Village Committee in Yingde City, Guangdong Province in order to distribute truth-clarifying materials. Someone reported them, and personnel from Shakou Town's Police Precinct and the National Security Team in Yingde City's Police Department arrested them. Policemen confiscated all of their Dafa books, as well as hundreds of truth-clarifying flyers. They were then sent back to Hunan Province for further persecution.
Related phone numbers: (country code: 86, area code: 763. Please do not dial the area code before the cell phone number)
Cui Jian, secretary and administrator, the Qingyuan City Police Department:
3382038 (Office), 13509266888 (Cell)
Xue Weichi, head of the Political and Security Section, the Qingyuan City Police Department, 3365837 (Home), 13602938471 (Cell)
Zhang Zhijian, the associate head, the Yingde City Police Department (in charge of persecuting Falun Gong): 2789383 (Office), 13602941728 (Cell)
Liu Weidang, chief of the National Security Team, the Yingde City Police Department: 2225907 (Home), 13902352887 (Cell)
Shakou Town's Police Precinct in Yingde City: 2551363, 2551368
12. [Beijing] Ms. Yao Huizhen from the Haidian District Arrested; Her Whereabouts Are Unknown
In December 2004, practitioner Ms. Yao Huizhen from the Haidian District in Beijing was arrested and was later sent to a three-room house in the Chaoyang District for detention. Two months have passed, and her whereabouts are unknown.
13. [Huaihua City, Hunan Province] The Persecution of Ms. Wei Guimei
At 8:30 a.m. on March 19, 2004, two men with the surnames Su and Xie broke into Ms. Wei Guimei's home without showing any documentation. They confiscated a Falun Dafa book and several truth-clarifying pamphlets, and forcibly took her to the company's security section office. Later they went back to Ms. Wei's home, searched again and found a copy of Zhuan Falun and over ten pamphlets. Ms. Wei took back the Zhuan Falun.
Ms. Wei was just released from a forced labor camp three months ago. She then led a homeless life in order to avoid recapture and continued torture. However, she was later arrested because she sent truth-clarifying materials to the Zhaiyuan Police Precinct in the Hecheng District, Huaihua City.
Related phone numbers: (Country code: 86, area code: 745. Please do not dial the area code before a cell phone number.)
Yang Chunhui, Hecheng District's 610 Office head: 2256992 (Home),
He Yurong, Hecheng District's "610 Office" associate head: 2258382(Home), 13974500557 (Cell)
Su Yong, chief of the National Security Team, the Hecheng District Police Department: 2233291 ext. 5811(Office), 2230719(Home), 13974501949 (Cell)
Zhaiyuan Police Precinct: 2714962
Huaihua City "610 Office": 2710851
Huaihua City Police Department: 2738000
February 15, 2005