1. Mr. Cheng Yuanyi's Story

When the persecution first started, Mr. Cheng Yuanyi was arrested and detained for practicing Falun Gong outdoors with fellow practitioners. Not long after being released, he was arrested by Dandong City Police Division No. 1, where he suffered inhuman torture. He was forced to stand in the "Flying the Airplane" position for three days continuously, with his head bent down until it could not go down any further, while his hands were pulled up from behind and held up to the highest point. He is about 5' 9," and it was especially hard for him to stand with his head bent down like that. The police even put a chair on his back, and a bunch of books on the top of his head, and beat him as soon as the slightest movement made the books fall. He was not allowed to eat or drink, and finally collapsed during the torture, yet the police pulled him up and continued. The police also poured dirty water into his mouth, and pushed his head into the toilet. He became so weak after the relentless torture that he could not even stand, yet the police threatened that if he refused to be "reformed," they could "kill him as easily as killing an ant." They said there was no way for Mr. Cheng to sue them since they represented the government, and they would claim he committed suicide if he was tortured to death.

Nearly all arrested Dafa practitioners in Dandong City suffered similar inhuman torture. Mr. Cheng Yuanyi never gave in under such tortures.

In March 2004, Mr. Cheng Yuanyi was arrested once again. On March 10, 2004, police from the Police Division No. 1 went to his home, told his family that they just needed to talk to Mr. Cheng for a simple investigation and guaranteed that it was not an arrest. Mr. Cheng's family member believed them and went with Mr. Cheng to the police station. However, as soon as they arrived there, the police locked Mr. Cheng in a separate room and sent his family member home. They started to interrogate Mr. Cheng about the source of his truth-clarification materials. Mr. Cheng clarified the truth to the police, but they did not listen to him at all. The police searched his home, and although they did not find anything, they sent him to the detention center.

When the police tried to send Mr. Cheng to the detention center, he did not cooperate at all. When five or six police carried him, he called out, "Falun Dafa is good!" Mr. Cheng was imprisoned at the detention center for a month. After being released, the police still ordered him to report to the police every day in order to monitor him. Mr. Cheng was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution.

The police continued to abuse Mr. Cheng's family after he left home.

2. The Story of Yang Huizhen and Her Family

Ms. Yang Huizhen is in her sixties. She is a doctor and opened a private clinic after retiring. She used to suffer from arthritis, kidney disease and heart disease. Since practicing Falun Gong in 1997, she benefited greatly both physically and spiritually; all her diseases disappeared within several months.

Since practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Yang strived to follow the principles of "Truth-Compassion-Forbearance." She was a well-known and well-liked doctor since she treated every patient with kindness.

After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Ms. Yang continued to practice Falun Gong in public. On November 30, 1999, she was arrested for practicing publicly, and was imprisoned at Dandong Detention Center for one month.

In February 2000, Ms. Yang went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa. She was arrested and sent back to Dandong. This time she was imprisoned for fifty days, and fined 2,000 yuan. In the detention center, Ms. Yang was forced to do manual labor and her family members were not allowed to visit her.

On May 24, 2004, police from Dandong Police Division No. 1 broke into Ms. Yang's home around 7:00 p.m. They searched her home and took her away. At that time, her husband was sick in bed. Ms. Yang called out "Falun Dafa is good" on her way. About 10:00 p.m. of the same night, the police broke into the home of Ms. Yang's daughter Zhang Chungang, searched her home and arrested her.

Ms. Yang's husband Mr. Zhang Shaobin was sick and needed someone to help him. He went to the Procuratorate of his work unit asking the officials there to help release his wife to take care of him. The officials saw that Mr. Zhang was too sick to take care of himself, so they requested the release of his daughter, Zhang Chungang, to take care of him.

Instead, the police often went to Mr. Zhang's home to interrogate him. Mr. Zhang suffered sickness, the arrest of his wife and police abuse, and his health drastically worsened as a result. However, the police did not stop abusing him until he passed away.

Soon after Mr. Zhang passed away, the police arrested his daughter, Ms. Zhang Chungang, again. Such a kindhearted family has been devastated by the persecution.