Partial Record of the Persecution of Dafa Practitioners at the First Female Forced Labor Camp, Shandong Province
Fifth Brigade of this camp for severe persecution. Amongst them are Ms. Xiao Shi, Ms. Wang Zhaodan, Ms. Huang Yuping. Those being persecuted are as follows:
1. Ms. Gong Ruijuan: She had worked at the Second Brigade for less than one and a half years when she realized that she should not cooperate with the persecutors. At that point, she began to go on strike at the workshop. As a result, her sentence was increased by another five months (originally, she was due to be released in October 2003). The leader Cao abused her in public. In August 2003, she was transferred to the Fourth Brigade (The Fourth Brigade originally only accepted drug addicts, prostitutes and thieves) for strict supervision.
2. Ms. Huang Yuping: from Jinan City, was a bank worker. She had already served an unlawful detention at the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for three years and was brainwashed and released one year ahead of time. After reading Teacher's articles, she woke up as if from a dream and decided that she would cultivate again. In July 2003, she was again abducted and sent to the First Female Forced Labor Camp, Shandong Province, to serve a three-year sentence. At present she is steadfastly practicing and walking a righteous path.
3. Ms. Yue Lihua: from Jinan City, about forty years of age, rented seven rooms to Dafa practitioners who were destitute, was sold out by someone, and was unlawfully sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp (till September, 2004). Initially she was forced to attend brainwashing sessions but she gradually awakened. Facing such immense pressure, she stood up with dignity. In September 2003, she announced that her "transformation" [renouncing her faith] was null and void. This action shocked the police, as it also awakened others that were brainwashed. The police sent her to "solitary confinement" (1) for several days, and did not allow her any sleep for many days and nights (a torture method known as "stewing the eagle"). She was harassed in turn by the "collaborators" (2) but they did not succeed in changing her. The police, seeing that she may inspire the others who were brainwashed to wake up, transferred her to the Second Brigade. This Brigade was specially regulated to deal with religious adherents, such as Christians, who did not attend the state-run churches (regulated by the Communist Chinese government) but had religious meetings at home and were labeled as believing in evil religions. Their Bibles were confiscated as evidence and they were arrested. This is another aspect of the trampling of human rights and violation of the Constitution of China. Here, these people were put under strict supervision. They were not allowed to contact their relatives by phone, not allowed visits by their relatives, not allowed to receive money from their relatives, not allowed to buy supplementary meals and at any time, there would be the "five high ranking officials" (criminal inmates) watching over them at every moment, even while they went to the toilet.
4. Ms. Peng Guixiang lived near the Quancheng Public Square, Lixia District, Jinan City. Because she distributed truth-clarification materials, she was arrested and sent to the forced labor camp in March 2003. She had been continuously confined in a room where there was no sunlight reaching it at the north side of the roof, and totally isolated from the rest of the Dafa practitioners. The camp used a person who had abandoned Dafa to supervise her. But that person was not allowed to speak to Peng Guixiang. The room was specially fitted with video and audio supervision devices. When Peng asked for work to be able to be in contact with the other practitioners, Xu Ruiju (instructor) of the Second Brigade rebuked her. She memorized the articles, sent forth righteous thoughts and when the police came to her, she clarified the truth to them. Every time the police came to her, they invariably left crestfallen. Once, five or six officers from the Jinan Public Security Department went to interrogate her. They claimed that they had found more than 4,000 pieces of Dafa material in her house and demanded that she reveal the source. They threatened her that if she did not do so, they would increase her sentence by at least five years. She adopted a stern countenance and said: "You all never honor your words. My Teacher honors his words." Seeing that they could not intimidate her to cooperate, they left dejected. Because her family members refused to abuse Dafa or Teacher every time they came to visit her, the police would not let them get near her. The letters that her family members wrote to her were never delivered to her, and the letters she wrote were confiscated. Under such circumstances, she wrote a letter of appeal to the Director of the camp asking for her right to have written communication and meeting with her family members. She commenced a hunger strike at the beginning of November, demanding to be released without conditions. A few days later, the senior officers of the camp instructed the doctor to force-feed her. Every time they force-fed her, there were at least four persons taking part. It took two to three police officers to hold her down, sometimes, with only person alone holding her down. On every occasion the insertion of the force feeding tube caused her nose and mouth to bleed, and on many occasions they repeatedly inserted the tube and if they were not careful, the tube was inserted into her windpipe, which caused her to choke. Some doctors were more careful but others were violent. She vomited on several occasions during the force feeding. It was an awful scene to witness and everyone dared not look at it. Xu Ruiju instructed to only force feed her less than half a bowl of vegetable soup. Some practitioners used an egg with milk powder or biscuit to feed her but were prevented from doing so with a warning: "Do not feed her. Let her suffer some hunger. Only then will she ask for some rice to eat." After two months of hunger strike, Peng Guixiang was suffering insufficient blood supply to her heart and unstable blood pressure, which was a symptom of illness. The leader of the Second Brigade, Cao Dongyan threatened: "You think you can use hunger strike to get out; there is no way you can do it, even if you die, we will not release you." Xu Ruiju wanted to give her intravenous drips, so an unknown drug was added to the force-feeding material. One important fact to note: Cao Dongyan and Xu Ruiju had previously been hospitalized for surgery, which should have been seen as a warning against their persecutory actions, yet they remained oblivious to the fact!
At the moment, Peng Guixiang is extremely weak and it is not known what type of persecution she is suffering now. It is earnestly hoped that Dafa practitioners reading this article would send forth righteous thoughts to "disintegrate all of the dark minions and rotten demons", and strengthen Peng Guixiang to righteously walk out of the forced labor camp. Phone and write letters to the First Female Forced Labor Camp, the Provincial Forced Labor Department, the Provincial Law Administration Office, the Provincial Women's Federation, the various levels of the "610 Office" (3), listing the regional Public Security branch "610 Office" units and the various leaders in these offices that are involved in the persecution, to curb the disregard for the Constitution of China, the reckless trampling of human rights, the tormenting of the human body and spirit, and the deprivation of visits from relatives of those unlawfully detained.
5. Ms. Luo Xiufang: from Jinan City. She was in solitary confinement at the Ninth Section of the Second Brigade. No one was allowed to see her. Only two people took turns supervising her. She was only fed a little food and she sat in the meditation posture all the time, did not move at all and never uttered a word. When the police officers harassed her, she would close her eyes and send forth righteous thoughts, ignoring them. The evildoers did not know what to do with her. They took her out for a physical examination. Later, due to stomach and esophagus problems, they released her temporarily. When two plainclothes police officers came to take her away, they noticed that she had become so thin that she was almost beyond recognition. They feigned shock and uttered: "Is this Luo Xiufang? Why can we not recognize her?" A person who was sent to the camp a healthy and strong Dafa practitioner has been persecuted to severe emaciation.
6. Ms. Zhang Yanyuan: resident of Lixia District, Jinan City. Because she went to Beijing in February 2001 to distribute truth-clarifying materials, she was sentenced to three years at a forced labor camp. In the three years, there was a total of more than a year spent in hunger strikes. During the hunger strikes, she became very ill in September 2001 and was sent home. The Director of the Wenhuan Donglu police station of Lixia District sent her back to the forced labor camp. Once, she went on a hunger strike for seven months. During that period the police officers continued to make her work in the workshop, and during meal time two persons escorted her back to the dormitory to be force-fed. Immediately after the force feeding she was sent back to the workshop to work. The police officers coupled threats and promises to induce her to eat her meals. She had been tied to a bed (referred to as the death bed -- a torture method) when she was force-fed. When the police officers found that being harsh did not work, they adopted gentle ways. The leader of the Third Brigade, Wang Yueyao brought Zhuan Falun and Teacher's articles for her to read, just to pressure her to eat her meals. She was subsequently transferred to the Second Brigade. Because she persisted in studying the Dafa books and practiced the exercises, her sentence was extended by three to four months (she was to be released by January, 2004), and transferred to the Third Brigade. On one occasion, when she went on hunger strike for more than three months, a detainee (a Christian) pleaded with Liu Ruiqin (instructor) and only then was she exempted from physical labor. Liu had reprimanded her at the workshop: "You have caused me many sleepless nights! If you die at the workshop, we will be under pressure and lose our bonus!"
The elder brother of Zhang Yanyuan, Zhang Yanbo, was also abducted by officers of the Wenhua Donglu police station and unlawfully sent to the Liuchangshan Forced Labor Camp. The police officers ransacked his home and took away a computer and printer but did not issue an official receipt.
The Xiqing District Police Station allowed the mother of Zhang Yanbo to pay five thousand yuan (4) to bail him out. The family members were eager to save him and paid the money, but the police officers refused to issue a receipt. Where the money was kept is unknown. In early February 2004, Zhang Yanbo was taken home.
7. Ms. Xu Junfeng: righteously stood up in the labor camp and again entered the Fa-rectification cultivation by putting in great effort to reverse the transformation process of the evil. She preserved a state of tranquility and harmony, thereby making the many collaborators admire her, and in February 2004, battled through the difficulties and walked out of the forced labor camp.
8. Ms. Hao Xiuyun: continuously defied the persecutors and refused to cooperate with them.
Attachment: Addresses of the related Departments and Officers
1. The Shandong First Female Forced Labor Camp
Address: No. 20, Jiangshuquan Road, Lixia District, Jinan City Post code:
Political Committee members: Diao (surname), Pan (surname)
Second Brigade: Instructor Xu Ruiju
Brigade Leader: Cao Dongyan
Third Brigade: Instructor Liu Ruiqin
Brigade leader: Wang Yueyao
2. Lixia District Public Security Branch Office
Address: Qinghou Sub-district, Lixia District, Jinan City. Post code: 250013
Main Phone: 86-531-6090556
The 610 Police, Team Leader, Li Dongfang: 86-531-2920628 (Home), 86-13706413666 (Cell)
3. District "610 Office", Huaiyin District
Liu Wenqi, Phone: 86-531-7589278 (Office)
(1) "Solitary confinement": The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners behind their backs in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.
(2) "Collaborators": former Falun Dafa practitioners who have given up their practice under severe pressure and torture and now assist the authorities in the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners.
(3) "610 Office": a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.
(4) 500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.