(Cearwisdom.net) Mr. Yao Sanzhong was 34 years old and a teacher at the Luohe Art Normal School of Henan Province. Because he persistently cultivated Dafa, he was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor by personnel from the Luohe City "610 Office." He was detained in the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp. After the camp police tortured him to the brink of death, they carried him out and threw him onto the roadside near the end of December 2002. After his family learned of the situation, they carried him to a hospital for emergency medical treatment. The treatment lasted for about a month and the expenses were as high as several thousand yuan each day. However, because his injuries were so serious, he finally died in the middle of January 2003.

When Mr. Yao Sanzhong was detained in the labor camp, because he was steadfast and did not give up his belief, he was brutally tortured. On March 21, 2001, the labor camp held a meeting to defame Dafa. Many of the Dafa practitioners in the audience shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" Some of the criminal prisoners rushed over to the practitioners right away, pushed them to the ground and beat and kicked them. Every one of these criminals who took part in the beating obtained one to three months reduction in their sentences. Yao Sanzhong was also beaten. Later the police tried to force Yao Sanzhong and other practitioners who shouted to admit wrong-doing and to write a "repentance letter." Yao Sanzhong sternly refused. The police tied Yao Sanzhong with ropes six times.* Since Yao Sanzhong still did not yield to them, they incited several dozen criminal prisoners to beat him and then added ten more months to his sentence.

In May of 2002, the police tried to force Yao Sanzhong and other Dafa practitioners to wear the labor camp uniform. They tied him with ropes five times* and his upper limbs became numb from their torture. Yao Sanzhong could not take care of himself for several months after that and the police then forced the uniform on him. To prevent him from taking off the uniform, the police handcuffed Yao Sanzhong to a criminal inmate named Fang Sijun, and urged this criminal to cause him many hardships. Fang Sijun tortured Yao Sanzhong all the time for any and all reasons; he even did not allow Yao Sanzhong to go to the bathroom. Many other inmates were angry at Fang Sijun's evil behavior, but the camp police considered Fang Sijun "outstanding." The police then ordered him to continue to persecute another firm Dafa practitioner named Peng Hongyan.

The prolonged mental and physical torture seriously damaged Yao Sanzhong's health. He was on the brink of death. The camp was afraid of the responsibilities they might have to face, so they processed Yao Sanzhong's bail for medical treatment in a hurry. Just several days before the bail was granted, Yao Sanzhong still had to force his extremely weak body to work until 2-3 a.m. with his numb and feeble hands.

January 19, 2004

Note: This torture involves tying up the arms behind the back with rope and hanging the practitioner up so that the toes barely touch the ground to support the body weight. Some time they use ropes with spikes and tie the arms very tightly to make the rope cut into the flesh. (For a detailed description of this and other forms of torture used in forced labor camps, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html)