Latest News from China - December 9, 2004
- [Chongqing City, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Practitioner Yang Zuolin
- [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Prison Doctor Administered a Large Amount of Unidentified Medicine to Practitioner Yin Wenlan
- [Antu County, Jilin Province] Practitioners Quan Li, Lin Yufang and Another Practitioner Sent to a Brainwashing Center for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Beijing City] Practitioner Yang Lingpu Arrested for Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials
- [Lanxi County, Heilongjiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Guizhou Province] Practitioner Han Wei Secretly Arrested by Special Agents from China's National Security Bureau
- [Changping District, Beijing City] Practitioner Li Shiying Arrested by Police Patrol While Clarifying the Truth About Falun Dafa to People on the Street
- [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Practitioners Yang Guiping and Yang Benquan Arrested for Clarifying the Truth About Falun Dafa
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Wang Yuzhen Sent to Heizhuizi Labor Camp for One Year of Forced Labor
- [Gansu Province] Gansu Women's Labor Camp Authorities Cruelly Torture Imprisoned Practitioners
- [Shanghai City] Practitioners Song Qiyue and Lu Hongmei Detained
- [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Practitioners Mr. Di Jianchao and Mr. Wang Shiqing Arrested for Clarifying the Truth About Falun Dafa
1. [Chongqing City, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Practitioner Yang Zuolin
Practitioner Yang Zuolin is from Jiangjing City, Sichuan Province. After being released from a forced labor camp, he went to Chongqing City to help with the preparation of truth clarification materials. On the morning of December 7, 2004, he was forcibly arrested from his rental house in Liudianzi District, Shiqiaopu area. The police confiscated two computers, many Falun Dafa books and a large quantity of truth-clarification materials. Eyewitnesses said that after Mr. Yang's arrest, they found blood on a piece of white cloth on the ground.
2. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Prison Doctor Fed a Large Amount of Unidentified Medicine to Practitioner Yin Wenlan
Practitioner Ms. Yin Wenlan was arrested on the evening of March 31, 2004. She was detained at the Tieling City Police Department. During interrogation, she was tortured by policemen Yu Honghai (male, 49 years old) and Wang Hong (male) to obtain a confession. They used electric batons to shock and beat her. Yin Wenlan suffered tremendously both physically and mentally.
In October, Yin Wenlan was illegally sentenced to 9 years of imprisonment. Her appeal to the Tieling City Intermediate People's Court was rejected.
During her detention at the Kaiyuan City Detention Center, Yin Wenlan showed symptoms of high blood pressure, heart disease and an inflamed gallbladder. No treatment helped. On the evening of November 30, 2004, prison doctor Hu Bo administered a large amount of unidentified medication to her. The next morning, on December 1, the detention center sent Yin Wenlan to Lianning Women's Prison without disclosing to them her medical condition. Subsequent to the November 30 medication, Yin Wenlan showed a variety of symptoms: a state of mental fog for some time, temporary memory loss, a burning sensation in her internal organs and extreme difficulty breathing. Additionally, she barely had any feeling in the area above her chest, felt numb in the arms and legs and had night sweats. Yin Wenlan was diagnosed with lack of blood in the myocardium, high blood pressure, pancreatitis, high concentrations of alanine in her system and signs of liver disease.
Head of the Kaiyuan Detention Center: Wang Min, 86-410-3712881 (Office)
The Office of the Head of Tieling City Police Department, 86-410-2843001
The Head of the Kaiyuan City 610 Office: Zhang Chunhua, 86-410-3834610 (Office), 86-13841073630 (Cell phone)
Head of Kaiyuan City Political Security Division, Wang Jiping (he is in charge of the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners), 86-13804102771 (Cell phone)
3. [Antu County, Jilin Province] Practitioners Quan Li, Lin Yufang and Another Practitioner Sent to a Brainwashing Center for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
One night in late October 2004, practitioners Ms. Quan Li and Ms Lin Yufang, who work for the Baihe Forestry Bureau in Antu County, Jilin Province, went with another practitioner by the last name of Ma to Baoma Village, Erdao Town, to distribute truth-clarification materials. They were arrested and detained in Antu County Detention Center. Their homes were searched, and six practitioners were detained and later sent to a brainwashing center.
Relevant Phone Numbers:
Antu County Political and Judiciary Committee: 86-433-5822481
Antu County Police Department --
Office of the Police Department Head: 86-433-582269 or 5822457
Office of the Communist Party Secretary: 86-433-5823489
4. [Beijing City] Practitioner Yang Lingpu Arrested for Distributing Truth- Clarification Materials
Practitioner Ms. Yang Lingpu, 66 years old, is from Beijing City. On October 22, while handing out truth-clarification materials to people in Xuanwu District, she was arrested by a plainclothes police officer. She was first taken to the Xuannei Police Station, and later to the Xuanwu District Police Station. Family members were not allowed to either visit or send clothes to her.
5. [Lanxi County, Heilongjiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Practitioners Mr. Gao Yanhai and Ms. Jiang Zongyu are from Yulin Town, Lanxi County, Heilongjiang Province. On November 23, 2004, they, with two other female practitioners, went to Hulan County to distribute truth-clarification materials. On their way back, while passing by the Limin Police Station, they were arrested by officers there. Police officers were also sent to search their homes. The practitioners are now detained at a detention center in Hulan County. It has been said that Gao Yanhai has already been transferred to Harbin. The detention center refuses to allow family members to visit them.
At around 7:00 p.m. on November 24, 2004, the head of the Lanxi County Police Department Political Security Division, Wu Lizhong, with several policemen from the Yulin Town Police Station, went to practitioner Mr. Li Dekui's home with a camera. Li Dekui's residence is in Xiaofangsheng Village, Yulin Town. The police took pictures of one wall in Li Dekui's home. The wall has phrases like, "Falun Dafa is good," and, "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance." They also called the county Police Department to report that there were several people practicing Falun Gong in Li Dekui's home. They then used force to arrest several people present at the time: Mr. Qin Yunfeng (Li Dekui's son-in-law), Mr. Li Dekui, Ms. Li Jifeng (Li Dekui's daughter), Ms. Wang Fenghua, and Ms Wang Huanying. These practitioners are now detained at the Lanxi County First Detention Center.
About a week later, practitioner Li Yunyan, from Linjiang County, Lanxi County, was arrested while she was clarifying truth about Falun Dafa to a man on a Linjiang Street. She is now also detained at the Lanxi County First Detention Center.
6. [Guizhou Province] Practitioner Han Wei Secretly Arrested by Special Agents from China's National Security Bureau
Practitioner Ms. Han Wei is about 38 years old. She used to be a doctor at the infirmary of Guizhou Industrial University. She was secretly arrested by special agents from China's National Security Bureau.
7. [Changping District, Beijing City] Practitioner Li Shiying Arrested by Police Patrol While Clarifying the Truth About Falun Dafa to People on the Street
Practitioner Ms. Li Shiying is in her 60's. In September 2004, while on her way to another practitioner's home to obtain Teacher's new articles, she was followed and arrested by the police. After her release, she maintained her righteous thoughts and continued to clarify truth about Falun Dafa to people. On November 24, 2004, Li Shiying was telling people the truth about Dafa on the street. Many passersby were surprised to learn the real story behind the persecution. This helped to eliminate their misunderstanding of Dafa. In a little while, a patrolling police car noticed this, and the officers roughly dragged Ms. Li into the patrol car in front of everyone, and then drove away. The crowd was astonished by the policemen's violence.
Li Shiying is now detained at the Beijing City Police Department, Fengtai Branch.
8. [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Practitioners Yang Guiping and Yang Benquan Arrested for Clarifying the Truth About Falun Dafa
Practitioners Ms. Yang Guiping and Ms. Yang Benquan are outstanding nurses at the First People's Hospital in Jingmen City, Hubei Province. Because they believe in Falun Dafa and clarified truth about the persecution, they were arrested by officers from the Quankou Police Station in Jingmen City. Since then, they've been detained at the Huyaguan Detention Center for two months. When they went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, they were force-fed.
9. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Wang Yuzhen Sent to Heizhuizi Labor Camp for One Year of Forced Labor
Practitioner Ms. Wang Yuzhen is 43 years old. Her home is close to the Chuangshang Hospital in Changyi District, Jilin City. At around 10:00 a.m. on November 4, 2004, Ms. Wang was arrested by policemen from the Jilin City Police Department National Security Section. Without proper legal procedures, Wang Yuzhen was sentenced to one year of forced labor and was sent directly to Heizhuizi Labor Camp in Changchun City. The main reason for Wang Yuzhen's one-year forced labor sentence was that she had written letters to national leaders to tell them the facts about Dafa and the brutal persecution of Dafa practitioners.
10. [Gansu Province] Gansu Women's Labor Camp Authorities Cruelly Torture Imprisoned Practitioners
Gansu Women's Labor Camp imprisons female practitioners who have been sentenced to forced labor. These practitioners are from different places in Gansu Province. It is said that a "100-day Safety Competition" campaign is going on right now in all the forced labor camps in the province. In order to force practitioners to give up their belief in Falun Dafa, guards use various tortures: heavy labor, beating, punishment by forcing practitioners to stand for a long time(see note below), sleep deprivation and isolation. Recent reports from the Women's Labor Camp reveal that practitioner Ms. Yan Ping wasn't allowed to sleep for 9 consecutive days. She was forced to do heavy physical labor both day and night, was not allowed to sleep, and also suffered physical abuse.
Note: The so-called "Punishment by forcing inmates to stand for a long time," means that the victim has to stand, facing a wall all day long except for the time spent eating, sleeping and using the toilet, from the time s/he rises at 5 a.m. until 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. the next morning, when s/he is allowed to go to bed. This abuse usually lasts several days. If someone cannot withstand the intensity of prolonged standing and loses consciousness, the guards will then force-feed him or her with drugs.
11. [Shanghai City] Practitioners Song Qiyue and Lu Hongmei Detained
Practitioners Song Qiyue and Lu Hongmei (a couple) were born in Jilin Province. After they obtained their Master's degrees in Beijing, they went to work at the Northern Vehicle Research Institute in Beijing City. In Fall, 2001, because Song Qiyue refused to give up his belief in Falun Dafa, the Research Institute planned to arrest him and take him to a brainwashing class. Using his righteous thoughts, Song Qiyue managed to escape. To avoid further persecution, he went to Shanghai. At the end of 2003, personnel from the Research Institute went to their parents' homes to ask them to transfer their residence registration back to their birthplace. On November 2, 2004, Song Qiyue and Lu Hongmei were arrested by the Yangpu Police Department's National Security Section in Shanghai. Their arrests came after Song Qiyue's personal correspondence was obtained illegally and then opened by the police. The opened letters contained truth-clarification material. Song Qiyue is to be put on trial soon.
12. [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Mr. Di Jianchao and Mr. Wang Shiqing Arrested for Clarifying the Truth About Falun Dafa
Practitioners Mr. Di Jianchao (39 years old) and Mr. Wang Shiqing work for the Shipping Machinery Ltd. in Kunming City, Yunnan Province. On November 20, 2004, while they were explaining to people the truth about Dafa and distributing truth clarification materials, they were arrested by the Anning City Police Department. On November 22, Mr. Di and Mr. Wang were taken to the Anning Detention Center in Yunnan Province. The detention center will not allow anyone to visit them.