Latest News from China - October 16, 2004
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Blind Woman Arrested Because She Practices Falun Gong
- [Weihai City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Material Site Damaged, Two Practitioners Arrested
- [Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Xin Qin Is Arrested
- [Beijing] Tourists Are Forced to Curse Falun Gong Before They Are Allowed to Enter the Tiananmen Square Gate Tower
- [Guanghan City, Guangdong Province] Seven Falun Gong Practitioners Are Arrested
- [Yanqing County, Beijing] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Qiuxiang Is Arrested
1. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Blind Woman Arrested Because She Practices Falun Gong
At about midnight on September 18, 2004, seven to eight police officers, headed by Wang from the Nandi Police Station, knocked on the door of a blind senior practitioner's home, located in the rear building of Mingshen Hall on Qunshan Street in the Pingshan District, under the pretext of population registration. The officers then arrested the woman and her son.
The lady asked, "I am blind. Why are you arresting me?" The police officers said, "Because you practice Falun Gong." The lady shouted, "Police officers are arresting a good citizen!" Neighbors asked why she was being arrested, but they got no answer. As two police officers dragged her away, she shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Neighbors, please see that police officers are arresting good citizens. They are arresting a blind mother and her son!" After pushing the mother and her son into a police car, the officers went back to their residence and confiscated their Falun Dafa books and other related materials. The neighbors were very angry to see how police officers persecuted Falun Gong practitioners.
Telephone of the Pingshan District Public Security Bureau Branch, Benxi City:
Communist Party Secretary: 86-414-3210140
Nandi Police Station: 86-414-2855404, 86-414-2833363
2. [Weihai City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Material Site Damaged, Two Practitioners Arrested
At 8 a.m. on June 8, 2004, police officers from the Rongcheng City "610 Office"
and the Township Police Station headed by Xin Jianping went to practitioner Mr.
Qin Haijie's home in Renhe Township. When Qin refused to open the door, the officers broke
in through the window using a crane, arrested Mr. Qin and his mother, and confiscated over 20,000 yuan in cash, a PC, a paper cutter, a CD burner, a copier, and other items.
Several months have passed, and nobody knows where Mr. Qin and his mother are.
"610 Office" of Rongcheng City: 86-631-7567610
Head of the "610 Office" Liu Qiang: 86-13806304416 (Cell)
Political and Security Section of Ringcheng Public Security Bureau: 86-631-7562944
Head of the Political and Security Section Xin Jianping: 86-13184187665 (Cell) 86-631-7194555, 86-631-7565995 (Home)
Rongcheng City Public Security Bureau: 86-631-7563502
3. [Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Xin Qin Is Arrested
On the morning of October 14, 2004, Xin Qin, a practitioner from the Heated Extraction Division of the Jinzhou Oil Extraction Company, was arrested from the workplace and sent to the Fushun Brainwashing Session.
Relevant Phone Numbers:
Chen Yonghe, Deputy Chinese Communist Party Secretary of the Jinzhou Oil Extraction Company, 86-427-7550688 (Office), 86-427-7555388 (Home)
Di Zhuban, CCP secretary of the Heated Extraction Division, 86-427-7552602 (Office), 86-427-7551288 (Home)
4. [Beijing] Tourists Are Forced to Curse Falun Gong Before They Are Allowed to Enter the Tiananmen Square Gate Tower
According to people who traveled to Beijing for the October 1st National Day holidays, there is a specific area on the Tiananmen Square Gate Tower where the ticket checkers require anyone who wants to enter to first curse Falun Gong and its founder before they are allowed to go into the tower. One lady from Liaoning Province who refused was arrested and sent to the Tiananmen Square Public Security Bureau Branch.
5. [Guanghan City, Guangdong Province] Seven Falun Gong Practitioners Are Arrested
On September 28, 2004, seven practitioners from Jinyu Township in Guanghan City went to Zhongjiang County by bus. They clarified the truth of Falun Gong to people on the bus, but someone reported them to the police. Police officers from the Jifeng Township Police Station intercepted the bus and arrested all seven practitioners. Ms. Zhang Juying, Ms. Huang Ruoxiu, Ms. Yang Erjie, and Ms. Liao Wuxiang are among them.
Their whereabouts are currently unknown.
6. [Yanqing County, Beijing] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Qiuxiang Is Arrested
Ms. Zhang Qiuxiang is a physical education teacher from the Fourth Middle School of Yanqing County. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 2003. On the evening of October 8, 2004, secret agents from Yanqing County arrested her while she was posting Falun Dafa materials outdoors. Agents have kept her under secret surveillance for over ten days.
Relevant phone numbers:
Head of the National Security Section, Yanqing County Public Security Bureau, Bai Chongliang, and section members, Sun Jianfeng, Zhang Shisheng, Li Aiming, and Jiang Shuliang
Yanqing County Detention Center: 86-10-81197991; 86-10-81197830
October 16, 2004