Recently the police at the Shibalihe Female Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province have escalated the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. In a period of about two months, 6 female practitioners were tortured to death, including 30-year-old Guan Ge from Henan Normal University (located in Xinxiang City).

On June 6, 2003, Zhengzhou Daily fabricated a report claiming three Falun Gong practitioners hung themselves in the activity room on June 4, when in fact all of them had been tortured to death.

(See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/6/29/37513.html)

Below is more information about the torture death of Guan Ge.

There is no personal freedom at all at the labor camp. Surveillance cameras are everywhere. The police assigned three to four people to monitor determined practitioners around the clock. The police often beat up practitioners late at night. Starting on April 22 this year, policemen Jia Meili, Jiang Yanling and Zhou Xiaohong had been vowing to "transform" all the determined practitioners in two months. In the time that followed, their escalation of the persecution led to the deaths of six practitioners.

Despite torture and pressure, Guan Ge never wavered. She firmly refused to cooperate with the evil's orders. Policeman Jia Meili (also captain of Brigade Three) then ordered drug addicts Yan Ping and Fu Jinyu to torture Guan Ge and other practitioners. They tied up the practitioners and then shocked them with electric batons. Seeing that these tortures failed to work, they then put them through a torture known as "strapped clothes."

"Strapped clothes" is an extremely cruel torture used on the practitioners. It utilizes a type of strait jacket. The victims are forced to wear these strait jackets, then their arms are tied up by the straps behind their back. Next, their arms are pulled to the front over their shoulders, and then tied together with their legs tightly. To make them suffer even more, the police forced them to wear headphones broadcasting defamatory programs about Falun Dafa. With their mouths covered, they were then hung up on the widow frame. The police usually put determined practitioners through such torture for at least one day and one night. This torture often caused the bones in their shoulders, elbows, wrists or even their spine to break. Many victims fainted due to the unbearable pain.

Due to a variety of tortures, Guan Ge died. Her family saw bruises on her head and body.

A director named Liu from Henan Province Labor Education Bureau came to the scene after receiving the death report of Falun Gong practitioners. However, not only did he not seek responsibility from the murderers, he also praised them for their "good performance in torturing Falun Gong." He even approved the early release of Yan Ping and Fu Jinyu two months ahead of their scheduled terms.

Falun Gong practitioners are legal citizens and they are entitled to basic human rights. However, the labor camp totally disregarded their rights, and tortured them to death.

The Shibalihe Female Forced Labor Camp carries out Jiang's policy of "torture deaths of Falun Gong practitioners are counted as suicide." The torture deaths of Guan Ge and other Falun Gong practitioners are yet more evidence of Jiang's crimes. We hope that kindhearted people can see through the evil nature of Jiang's faction, and help uphold justice and end the killing of Falun Gong practitioners.