(Clearwisdom.net) Yan Haiyu has steadfast faith in Dafa. When she went to Beijing to appeal for the first time, she was arrested at Tiananmen Square, and sent back to Guangzhou for detention for 15 days. Because she is very steadfast in Dafa, the police were afraid that she would "reform" other people, so they put her in an individual cell, and they sent one cellmate to guard her 24 hours a day.

During her 15 days' detention, the police used noise pollution to make her suffer and in order to crush her will. However, during that time period, she recited the Fa everyday, and the noise didn't affect her at all.

After Yan Haiyu got out of jail, she studied the Fa, did the exercises and exchanged ideas with other fellow practitioners, and she became more and more mature in the Fa. Fellow practitioners who were around her could all feel her steadfastness in Dafa. At that time, Haiyu was under the police's close surveillance, her telephone calls were tapped, and the police followed her every time she went out. In addition, her family was harassed by Wushan police quite often.

One time, Yan Haiyu went to a practitioner's home with other practitioners for a visit and over 100 policemen surrounded them. They ended up being illegally arrested, sent to a detention center and interrogated from 5 p.m. until 3 a.m. the next morning. In the end, they were charged with the "crime" of "disturbing the social order" and detained for 15 days. The policemen who interrogated them yelled, "Isn't it easy to frame you with just any charge?"

After Haiyu was released, the police kept putting pressure on her, trying to force her to stop practicing Falun Gong. Every time, they had to withdraw from that idea in front of her great compassion and forbearance cultivated from Dafa.

With the continuous escalation of Jiang's regime fabricating rumors about Falun Gong, again Yan Haiyu went to Tiananmen Square, and this time, she shouted from the bottom of her heart: "Falun Dafa is a righteous Fa." On that day, banners of "Falun Dafa is good" could be seen all over the square like lotus flowers in blossom, and "Falun Dafa is good" could be heard anywhere. Many plainclothes policemen who were there to catch Falun Gong practitioners were dazzled by what they saw. When practitioners' voices rose up, the policemen went in that direction, then some other practitioners' voices rose up from another direction. When the policemen were chasing banners in one direction, banners were unfurled in another direction at the same time.

When the plainclothes policemen caught one Dafa practitioner, and were about to beat that practitioner up, Haiyu went over to those policemen to stop them from doing it. Later, Haiyu and other Dafa practitioners were detained at Beijing Tiananmen Square police station. At the police station, when the police asked them who the leader was, Haiyu was the first one to step forward.

In order to resist the persecution, Haiyu refused to disclose her name to the policemen. She ended up being pressed against two tables by the police and being hit on the back with a very thick wooden board, which broke in the end. However, it didn't shake her resoluteness in Dafa. Then the policemen tortured her again with the "carrying a sword on the back" torture. [The practitioner's hands are tied behind his back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the two hands toward one another and handcuff the two hands together.] In order to give her more pain, about every 10 minutes, they purposefully pulled her arms with the handcuffs causing the handcuffs to dig into the flesh of her arms. The torture continued for a few hours, but when the police became exhausted they finally released Haiyu.

Later, Haiyu was detained again for participating along with thousands of people in doing the exercises in Guangzhou and was illegally sentenced to a forced labor camp. There, Haiyu suffered all kinds of inhuman torture. The forced labor camp police are so afraid of their evil deeds being known by other people that they haven't allowed her family to visit her.