At 10 a.m. on December 25, 2000, I went to Tiananmen Square. Although many red flags were hung up along the streets, the Square appeared rather gloomy. There were a lot of people in the Square, but not many people walked around. Evidently, there were not many true tourists. Most of the people were either plainclothes agents or Falun Dafa practitioners. There were also some government officers who came from outside Beijing to search for local practitioners, as well as some family members of practitioners who came to Beijing to look for their loved ones.

People were all waiting for something to happen until suddenly some practitioners unfurled banners and chanted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good!" Then a commotion started in the crowd. Some were trying to arrest people, and some were trying to identify people they were looking for. After a while, it became quiet again, until some other practitioners unfurled banners again.

For the past few days, the authorities have increased the manpower in Tiananmen Square. Many plainclothes-agents in the Square were actually armed policemen dispatched from Shandong Province.

There was also a crowd outside the Tiananmen Police Station. Some of them were clerks from the representation offices that various provincial governments set up in Beijing. Some others were family members of Falun Dafa practitioners who were trying to find their loved ones. Whenever a police van arrived, they would go over to see if they could find people they were looking for.

One could hear practitioners' voices clearly outside the Tiananmen Police Station. As a matter of fact, one could even see what was happening inside the police station if one stood on the steps. There were many arrested practitioners inside. The male practitioners formed one line, and the female practitioners formed three lines, while one line formed by policemen separated the male and female practitioners. Practitioners kept chanting, "Falun Dafa is good," and recited articles written by Teacher. From time to time, more practitioners were sent in and some practitioners were transferred to other police stations.

The police dragged and beat almost every practitioner, regardless of his or her age. Among the police officers, a policewoman was particularly cruel, even more brutal than policemen. In the past, there were some cruel policewomen in Tiananmen Square. Recently they have disappeared. But in the police station, there appeared several brutal female thugs among the police officers.

Around 10:30 a.m., a female practitioner courageously chanted, "Falun Dafa is good!" and "Return innocence to my Teacher!" Then immediately several policemen came over and punched and kicked her. An overweight policeman pointed his finger at the female practitioner, "Dare you chant again? Dare you chat again?" The female practitioner then chanted again fearlessly. The policeman then beat the practitioner until she fell to the ground.

By noon about 300 practitioners had been carried away. Some policemen said to each other, "There might be 1,000 people who will come to appeal tomorrow." On December 26 of last year, the communist authorities put four key contact people of Falun Dafa on show-trial and sentenced them to as long as 18 years in jail.