Chinese name:
Pingtou Village, Miyun County, Beijing
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Huairou County Detention Center
Case Description:

( Mr. Li Hailin, 63 years old, lived in Pingtou Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun County, Beijing. He was subjected to three incarcerations in a brainwashing facility and sentenced to forced labor three times for validating Dafa and doing truth clarification. He suffered tremendously both physically and mentally. He died at home on December 1, 2010.

Mr. Li was held in a brainwashing facility during 1999 and 2001 for appealing for justice for Falun Gong. Police officers, including Wu Jin, beat him, shocked him with electric batons, and extorted money from him.

Mr. Li was arrested between September and October 2002 for speaking to the village's Party secretary, Wang Xiangzhong about the truth of the staged "Tiananmen Self-immolation Incident." He was held in the Miyun County Detention Center where he was forced to stand for a long time, had cold water poured onto his head and was subjected to brutal beatings. He was later sentenced to two years of forced labor and held in the Tiantanghe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing. Mr. Li was placed in solitary confinement and subjected to sleep deprivation for refusing to be "reformed." He was only given a steamed bun and a mouthful of water for a day's meal. Long-term sitting on a ten centimeter-high (about 4 inches) stool made his buttocks fester. Criminal inmates took turns monitoring him.

Following his release from the labor camp detention, Mr. Li was once again arrested in 2007 as he spoke with villagers about Falun Gong and the persecution. Officers from the Henanzhai Town 610 Office and from the police station made the arrest and held him in the Tiantanghe Forced Labor Camp for more than a year. Mr. Li was released on medical parole, but the mistreatment had left him half paralyzed. He soon recovered his health as a result of his frequent Fa-study and doing the Falun Gong exercises at home.

In early April 2010, officers from the Yangsongzhuang Town Police Station in Huairou County arrested him and held him in the Huairou County Detention Center. He was later allowed to serve his term outside the detention center. Unable to endure the continuous physical and mental devastation, Mr. Li died at home on December 1, 2010.

Related articles:|Additional Persecution News from China – December 29, 2010 (12 Reports)|Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing Intensifies the Persecution of Eight Practitioners|Dafa Practitioner Bai Shaohua Persecuted Severely in Tuanhe Labor Camp, Beijing