Chinese name:
Cuizhuang Village/ Qi County / Hebi City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Hebi Detention Center
Case Description:

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Cui Shuyong from Cuizhuang Village in Qi County of Hebi City was illegally arrested on the eve of the Chinese New Year in 2012 while distributing truth-clarification materials in a nearby village. He was taken to the Hebi Detention Center and later illegally sentenced to six years in prison by the Qi County Court.

Mr. Cui developed tuberculosis at the detention center. The prison refused to accept him because of his fragile health and he was released on bail. However, the 610 Office personnel continued to harass and threaten him after he returned home and his condition kept deteriorating. He passed away on November 20, 2013.

Prior to the 2012 arrest, Mr. Cui was subjected to over a decade of brutal and ongoing persecution.

Years of Relentless Persecution

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong in July 1999, Mr. Cui was constantly pressured by the local 610 Office, Domestic Security Division, Zhengzhou Prison in Henan Province, Henan No. 3 Forced Labor Camp, and by personnel from other agencies.

During the Chinese New Year in 2005, Mr. Cui was violently beaten by police and had to be carried away on a stretcher simply because the words “Good and evil will receive their due rewards; Sincerity will gain conscience” were written in the couplets displayed on his door. He was later sentenced to two years of forced labor and taken to the Hennan No. 3 Forced Labor Camp in April 2005.

At the labor camp, guards Zhao Zhimin, Shen Jianwei and Meng Guanglu tied him up and beat him for a long time, until his entire body was covered with cuts and bruises. Shen Jianwei also slapped his face hard with a leather shoe until the shoe broke. Mr. Cui's face became disfigured from the beating.

Guard Shen Jianwei violently beat Mr. Cui until he had a bloody nose and a swollen face. It was raining hard that day, and after the beating he was dragged out to stand in the rain. Inmate monitors Wang Yonggang, Li Fubin and Li Hongzhi also urinated on him and spat on his face.

Mr. Cui could hardly stand up even six months later. The perpetrators also tried to force him to insult Falun Gong's Master and to speak words of praise for the Chinese Communist Party. When he refused, they beat him violently. At night, he was beaten and during the day he had to do hard labor. He was also deprived of sleep and was not allowed to wash his clothes even in summer.

On one occasion, the guards hit Mr. Cui in the chest hard with rubber clubs. They tried to force his mouth shut with a broom so that people could not hear him crying out during the beatings.

This cruel persecution went on for more than 50 days. After a year, Mr. Cui could barely move his legs. While he was detained, the labor camp also tried to extort 20,000 yuan from his family for his release.

Mr. Cui and other practitioners in Qi County went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in March 2000. They were later taken to a police station and were badly beaten for not telling their names and addresses. After Mr. Cui was taken back to Qi County, he was sentenced to four years in prison under the instructions of the 610 Office. He was transferred to the Zhengzhou Prison in Henan Province.

In the winter of 1999, in order to help the local police understand the facts about Falun Gong and stop participating in the persecution, Mr. Cui went to the police station to give them truth-clarification materials, but was arrested. Huang Xiumei and Li Xiucheng from the Domestic Security Division tortured Mr. Cui. They tied his hands and hung him up for a long time. He was then transferred to the Qi County Detention Center and detained there until the Chinese New Year.

Related articles:|Mr. Cui Shuyong Dies after Years of Persecution|Dafa Practitioner Cui Shuyong Cruelly Persecuted in the Third Labor Camp of Henan Province