Chinese name:
Mohe County
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Qiqihar Detention Center, Heilongjiang
Case Description:

( Ms. Wang Xiuqing, a Falun Gong practitioner from Heilongjiang Province, was illegally arrested and detained many times, sentenced to forced labor twice, and routinely threatened and harassed for maintaining her spiritual belief. She passed away on July 18, 2013, at the age of 44, after enduring over 14 years of persecution.

Ms. Wang started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. She followed the practice's principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and worked hard on improving herself. She worked as an accountant for 20 years and was known to be honest and upright.

After the Chinese communist regime began its suppression of Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Wang went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. As a result, she was illegally arrested, fined, and held at the Amuer Detention Center for more than three months.

Deceived by the regime's widespread propaganda against Falun Gong, Ms. Wang's husband tried to force her to give up the practice and treated her badly. Her family even took her back to the Amuer Detention Center to be “transformed.”

Ms. Wang went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong again in 2001. She was taken to the Amuer Detention Center once more, and later sentenced to one year of forced labor.

She was sent to the Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp in Qiqihar, where she was greatly harmed physically and mentally. She was forced to undergo brainwashing and, under extreme pressure, eventually gave up the practice. Her husband divorced her while she was incarcerated.

Returning to Practice Falun Gong

Ms. Wang developed breast cancer in 2007 and started practicing Falun Gong again.

While passing a security checkpoint at Jiagedaqi Railway Station to take a train back home on January 26, 2012, she was found to be in possession of DVDs that contained information about Falun Gong. She was arrested and taken to the Qiqihar Detention Center. The police then went to her mother's home and ransacked it. Ms. Wang's mother had a heart attack and almost died.

Ms. Wang was detained for two weeks and then sentenced to two years of forced labor. She was released after her health significantly deteriorated.

In early July 2013, officers from the Qiqihar Railway Police Department and Amuer Railway Police Station came to Ms. Wang's home and took her to the Amuer Police Station. The police threatened and intimidated her, ignoring the fact that Ms. Wang was in an extremely fragile condition, unable to walk, and had difficulty breathing.

The constant threats and years of persecution took their toll on Ms. Wang's health. She passed away on July 18, 2013, at the age of 44.

Related articles:|Ms. Wang Xiuqing Dies After Enduring 14 Years of Persecution